ben nelson

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke_L_ROKS

Rookie
Mar 28, 2002
in a house
Other Teams
cArLtOn
hey all im just wondering if any of u think that ben nelson should get more senior time, as i am a fan of bens since his time at carlton ive seen him play in the resreves for carlton and sturt and think that he should be given more of a chance
wot do u all think

Worst player on the Crows list IMO. To me he just looked out of his depth with Adelaide this season. He wasn't much more than a passenger in the matches he played, coming off the bench and making little impact on the ground. I was surprised he was selected in so many games. I found him most unimpressive.

He hasn't really been given a decent chance at all this year due to our brilliant crop of midfielders ahead of him but he'll have to show the club this year that he deserves a spot on the list or else he'll be without an AFL club in 2004.

Originally posted by DaveW
Worst player on the Crows list IMO. To me he just looked out of his depth with Adelaide this season. He wasn't much more than a passenger in the matches he played, coming off the bench and making little impact on the ground. I was surprised he was selected in so many games. I found him most unimpressive.

The only thing I might disagree with here is whether he is the worst player on our list, or was it Schell. I think it might have been Schell. Nelson is no star but has more courage than Schell. And then there is Ben Marsh......

Originally posted by macca23

The only thing I might disagree with here is whether he is the worst player on our list, or was it Schell. I think it might have been Schell. Nelson is no star but has more courage than Schell. And then there is Ben Marsh......
I liked Schell early on in the season. He did provide an option up forward for a few games there. Then by mid season he looked hopelessly soft in all his efforts. Nelson I saw nothing to impress me. Marsh has shown glimpses over the years. Heck, 2003 will be at least his fifth year on the list.

I liked Schell early on in the season. He did provide an option up forward for a few games there. Then by mid season he looked hopelessly soft in all his efforts. Nelson I saw nothing to impress me. Marsh has shown glimpses over the years. Heck, 2003 will be at least his fifth year on the list.

Whichever way you look at it these three are the bottom of our barrel. Still they may have to play some role if we have a bad run with injuries - god forbid!!

Originally posted by macca23

I agree with you Macca23, Schell is one of our wrost! He has soft hands, jelly arms and a rubber chest and that is only when he trys to take a mark! Don't get me started on his wayward kicking!

This 2003 will be Ben Marsh's 6th season on our list - if he doesn't perform this year - then surely he must given the arse at the end of the season! :rolleyes:

At least Ben Nelson shows a bit of courage - I think he may be one of those "star" players at SANFL level that just can't handle the big league.

k
xx

Originally posted by snakebite01
He hasn't really been given a decent chance at all this year due to our brilliant crop of midfielders ahead of him but he'll have to show the club this year that he deserves a spot on the list or else he'll be without an AFL club in 2004.
Spot on sb. Nelson is a handy player, but consider these midfielders who are ahead of him on our ranking:

1 McLeod 1.1
2 Ricciuto 2.1
4 Goodwin 4.1
7 Edwards 8.0
9 Stenglein 9.3
10 Bickley 11.0
14 Bode 13.9
16 Ladhams 16.9
17 Burton 17.4
22 Doughty 21.1
23 Massie 22.1
26 Gallagher 24.8
27 Mattner 25.1
29 Reilly 29.6
35 Nelson 33.6

Nelson would need to improve greatly or require heaps of injuries to make the Crows line-up. Considering he lacks a bit of pace & the continuing development of a younger players, I cannot see him breaking into our team.

Without Schell, we would have lost to Brisbane at FP this year also IMO. So he at least played one really good game, which I dare say was one more than Nelson. Nelson was at best servicable, really a filler player nothing more.

He looks OK in SANFL ranks but he looks pedestrian in the few AFL matches Ive seen he play with Adelaide.

Has good pedigree.

I think if the Adelaide recruiters have made any blues in recent times, its drafting South Australians back home from other clubs.

Schell Nelson & Fitzy are proof positive.
We will come to rue this strategy one day:mad:

Originally posted by topjars
He looks OK in SANFL ranks but he looks pedestrian in the few AFL matches Ive seen he play with Adelaide.

Has good pedigree.

I think if the Adelaide recruiters have made any blues in recent times, its drafting South Australians back home from other clubs.

Schell Nelson & Fitzy are proof positive.
We will come to rue this strategy one day:mad:
TJ, we have recruited some useful players back home too - Jarman, Robran, Koster, etc. Pretty handy premiership players.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Spot on sb. Nelson is a handy player, but consider these midfielders who are ahead of him on our ranking:

1 McLeod 1.1
2 Ricciuto 2.1
4 Goodwin 4.1
7 Edwards 8.0
9 Stenglein 9.3
10 Bickley 11.0
14 Bode 13.9
16 Ladhams 16.9
17 Burton 17.4
22 Doughty 21.1
23 Massie 22.1
26 Gallagher 24.8
27 Mattner 25.1
29 Reilly 29.6
35 Nelson 33.6

What do the nunmbers mean?

Macca19, they are the average rank we gave for the players for the 2003 season -- you can check out more in the "Rank The Players For 2003" thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back