Recommitted Ben Paton [Re-signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

With Stratton retiring I wouldn't mind hawthorn have a look at him as his replacement.

Saints fans what's the reason he has remained unsigned, waiting on the AFL?

Yeah probably just waiting on more info regarding cap I assume. Other clubs are within their rights to ask the question but I’d say he’s very very likely to re-sign, very close mates with our other up and coming boys like Clark and Coffield and we would see him as a required player going forward. Been great one on one against the best small forwards of the comp and really hasn’t been beaten this year to be honest. Quiet achiever so I’d imagine a lot of footy fans don’t really know who he is.

Didn't even make the 22 under-22 squad, not worth pursuing
Defenders who defend, the great underappreciated craft.

With Clarks rebound and Coffields interception he is the perfect foil.

He would suit Hawks perfectly as well with Day and Scrimshaw....

Last edited:
ignore the fact that he kept all the best small forwards to a couple of goals combined and intercepts like jeremy mcgovern, this kid's a dud, not worth your time. Move along
Exactly, too dour, not worth it. Kid didn't even get one single hit out this year

if the bombers steal this guy it will be a great buy, he lets clark an go free to set play up. i think ben can add to his game abit too, doesn't get lot of free ball ..

can the bombers turn him into a flanker but haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if the bombers steal this guy it will be a great buy, he lets clark an go free to set play up. i think ben can add to his game abit too, doesn't get lot of free ball ..

can the bombers turn him into a flanker but haha
We've lost mckenna and get nothing for him. Fair to say we're hunting a decent small defender.

And yep, he'll be a hbf.
All those years of mocking and somehow we're lacking flanker talent :(

Defenders who defend, the great underappreciated craft.

With Clarks rebound and Coffields interception he is the perfect foil.

He would suit Hawks perfectly as well with Day and Scrimshaw....

Ben comes from my junior club, so I have a soft spot for him. However, very similar player to Blake Hardwick. Unless Blake was finally going to be used as a permanent Mitch Wallis type small forward like in his under 18 footy I wouldn't see him as a real need for us.

Ben comes from my junior club, so I have a soft spot for him. However, very similar player to Blake Hardwick. Unless Blake was finally going to be used as a permanent Mitch Wallis type small forward like in his under 18 footy I wouldn't see him as a real need for us.
Yeah, this is true but we always played Hardwick and Stratton in the same defense can't see why we couldn't with Paton.

This is all hypothetical though he is likely going to remain a saint and if he isn't we have had no links unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back