Injury Ben Reid injured again

Remove this Banner Ad

Our backline has stood up, Dave, you are right about that. Regarding Reid, IIRC he had an operation on something (cant recall what) at the end of 2016, which impacted on his pre-season. I think he's been down on form most of the year anyway. So this latest setback wont help him. Really feel for the big guy.

Knee

Nine news reported Ben Reid is injured, a quad, 4 weeks. Couldn't get any worse for us could it :(
Bound to happen
Body not suited to play forward , can't change direction quickly, called this 2 to 3 weeks ago that he shouldn't play forward. Can't get to the drop of the ball.due to body issues, can't jump turn or accelerate . Could be all over red rover.
Let's hope not,

I blame all the posters that wanted Buckley to play him forward.
Great call
I do too, history shows he is no good a as a forward, also shows he has a weak body.
Reckon from here on some of the experts should refrain from their crits and just let it pan out

Personally I don't we can afford Reid playing forward because our back line is sub par but I really cant see how playing forward impacts injury.

I like how people are acting as if playing as a key forward is vastly different to playing a close checking KP defensive role which is what Reid has been doing this year.

Apparently key defenders aren't required to accelerate or turn or do any of the physically taxing work that a forward does...

I like how people are acting as if playing as a key forward is vastly different to playing a close checking KP defensive role which is what Reid has been doing this year.

Apparently key defenders aren't required to accelerate or turn or do any of the physically taxing work that a forward does...
And this shows you know what?
We play a zone
We don't man up
He doesn't play close and is burnt on the lead
Pissed myself with suggestions to put him on Cameron lol
Would have lost by plenty
Multiple leads , create the stress , zoning off doesn't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a group Dave. Dunn and Goldsack; Moore and Cox/White. That's dire.
Yes huge difference between the present cattle and previous squads. Generation change , different outlooks now with lots of variations of players.
Been a bit unlucky Abbott ,marsh and the total lose of form of Cloke hasn't helped
Kept gault too long , Mayne at present looks wrong . Would have liked Stewart.
Anyway we are where we are and we are stacked in some spots ,light in others ,like most lists
But really which team has great kpp depth that we grave
Adelaide? West coast, gws, saints suns
First 3 yep, first 2 are short on mids, if Thalia goes down Adelaide will struggle, Kennedy eagles same, Mumford same
Expansion has created shortages of depth now along with equalisation tax, draft cap ect
Unless your spoon fed by the afl you're got problems , history proves it
Not too many match winners kpp forwards going around

Last edited:
Just to put some perspective into the defence vs forward argument:

We sit 12th in the league for points against. Meaning only 6 teams have conceded less points than us. From the current bottom 10 teams, we've conceded the least. We've conceded on average a goal a game more than the Western Bulldogs who are statistically the best defensive team.

On the other hand, only Fremantle and Brisbane have scored less points than us. We've only kicked 7 more points in the first 8 games than Brisbane who are last.

I know where I think the issue lies.

And this shows you know what?
We play a zone
We don't man up
He doesn't play close and is burnt on the lead
Pissed myself with suggestions to put him on Cameron lol
Would have lost by plenty
Multiple leads , create the stress , zoning off doesn't
It shows that I know how Reid has actually been playing this year and that he's injured himself just as much playing as a defender.

Thanks for asking.

Trade him to Sydney and pay some of his salary, we're not contending so we shouldn't be paying the full cap. Try pay most of it in the first year. He's just not reliable enough for us. We need to start planning life without him sooner rather than later.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Personally I don't we can afford Reid playing forward because our back line is sub par but I really cant see how playing forward impacts injury.

I get the theory.

The argument is the twisting and turning. Its a reasonable argument. Defenders tend to run in straight lines more than forwards do. Theoretically at least the risk of soft tissue injury is higher for a forward than a defender. But drawing firm conclusions after one game there (some people claiming "I told you so" is a bit of a stretch.

Trade him to Sydney and pay some of his salary, we're not contending so we shouldn't be paying the full cap. Try pay most of it in the first year. He's just not reliable enough for us. We need to start planning life without him sooner rather than later.

Agree just get rid of him while we can. He can't get out there for long enough. Get Luke Parker back to Melbourne.
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great talent! Just never gets a sustained run at it - would be right up there with the best KPPs of the last ten years if he wasn't so injury-prone! His brother at the Swans looks really good, but at the back of your mind is the worry that he might also have inherited the family curse?

Mean while in the board room......

Gold - "The Don't Panic Scene"!:D That's exactly what happens just before the board of directors make the call to the PR Firm (mealy-mouthed spin doctors) who then delight in removing all the funny and embarrassing bits and leaving us with some decidedly bland press-release!:D

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back