Recommitted Ben Reid [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of people are judging him on that one game.

In fairness.. it was the selection fault, not his. Tall overhead mark player selected for his first game in months on a rainy day against a good team in a high pressure final.

Not many players would play a good game playing on these conditions. I say give him another chance. Won't be paying him much. He can go through the pre season and if he breaks down, he's on ice as a back up further on in the season. If he has a solid pre season and keeps his strength, then put him in Round 1 with Cox. Our forward line lacks height, so if he is fit he could be one of the answers we need. He played ok earlier in the season.

A lot of people are judging him on that one game.

In fairness.. it was the selection fault, not his. Tall overhead mark player selected for his first game in months on a rainy day against a good team in a high pressure final.

Not many players would play a good game playing on these conditions. I say give him another chance. Won't be paying him much. He can go through the pre season and if he breaks down, he's on ice as a back up further on in the season. If he has a solid pre season and keeps his strength, then put him in Round 1 with Cox. Our forward line lacks height, so if he is fit he could be one of the answers we need. He played ok earlier in the season.

Reid’s time is up. He has had plenty of chances. Glad he eventually reached his 150th game.

Let him go to the Suns if he wants to play on.

At this point you should be happy if Kyle Martin wanted to sign up.
Don’t be a dick. The suns have King and Wright in their forward line who are both more effective players than Reid currently. There’s no reason for them to want Reid

At this point you should be happy if Kyle Martin wanted to sign up.
We aren't a dumping ground, already have reportedly turned down Masten who wanted to come, and by the looks of it, picking up Ellis and Greenwood so players who will be best 22. Not all doom and gloom.

Reid doesn't push either of Wright, Day or King out in his current condition.

Don’t be a dick. The suns have King and Wright in their forward line who are both more effective players than Reid currently. There’s no reason for them to want Reid

Reid can play in defence or up forward. His experience both on and off field would be good.

We aren't a dumping ground, already have reportedly turned down Masten who wanted to come, and by the looks of it, picking up Ellis and Greenwood so players who will be best 22. Not all doom and gloom.

Reid doesn't push either of Wright, Day or King out in his current condition.

I would argue that Ben Reid is more naturally suited to defence.

But I would have thought if we deemed him good enough to be selected for a Prelim without having played seniors for around 8 weeks then he would be good enough to help the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Reid has been given a 1 year deal - genuinely shocked.

For the Suns or a club who needs experience yes and even then everyone on here disagrees with me.....but for us who need to get a proper power forward, it seems a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 year as insurance surely.

Next year will be going hard for Jeremy Cameron

I think we need to be about now and less about next year. Clubs have shown with Franklin, Lynch, Boyd, Schache......if you want the player then get it done.

Depth player key forward, not best 22 you’d think. If the choice is between Reid and a random 5th Round draftee to be a backup key forward for a side that should be contending for the flag the choice makes sense.

Has played 150 of a possible 311 games across 13 seasons, including just 47 of a possible 114 during what should have been his prime years (ages 25-29, 2014-2018), which played a big part in Collingwood's mixed fortunes during that period. He touched on his best form in defence again in 2016, but still missed a bunch of footy in and around that year.

A shame it has turned out that way for a bloke who was a top-10 draft pick as a 17-year-old, Premiership player at 21, and All-Australian at 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back