Universal Love Ben Reid Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Reidy.

Was one of my favourite Pies, the exact sort of player a club needs - beautiful hands, nice peg. Unfortunately his body let him down.

“By 21 years of age, in 2010, he was a premiership defender and by 22 the owner of an All-Australian blazer.”

He had the game at his feet at that time, injury robbed us of some key Reidy years.

Always will be a premiership hero. Wonder what he could have been if his body never let him down. All the best Reidy!

Most people have forgotten how utterly brilliant he was in 2010.

Was a brick wall who marked EVERYTHING near him and then turned around and sent a 60 metre bullet pass on the rebound.

Sadly I think he liked the beach weights a bit too much and skipped leg day, good luck to him in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben you will always be an All-Australian Premiership Hero

Injury was the only thing that stopped you surpassing Teddy Whitten as the game’s greatest swing man

Pity your selfish brother wouldn’t let us recruit him for spare parts
Hey Walt, can you please persuade Ben to post a farewell message to his friends here?

Congrats on the career Reidy.

What a haul from that 2006 draft. Reid, Brown and Dawesy all who played a part in our 2010 premiership.

Reidy's career was cut down its prime but he was a star defender at his very best.

Not really an amazing haul, but getting Reid was super important to 2010.

Not really an amazing haul, but getting Reid was super important to 2010.

In hindsight their careers turned out to be shorter than they would have liked.

But I told you we’d draft three future premiership key position players in this years draft to go with an existing father son, would you take them?

Reid clearly was a star player who just couldn’t get on the park. But he’s a premiership player and a Collingwood immortal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back