Universal Love Ben Reid Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations on your career Ben,and all the best for your retirement.If not for injuries you could have been one of the superstars of the competition,but sadly it wasn’t meant to be.Still,you’re a premiership Collingwood player,and no one can take that away from you.

i started watching the video and then i realised it went on for a long time so i hit eject.

well i suppose it's his choice. I heard it was a week in quarantine. It must be difficult to be isolated for a week.

If you'd taken the time to actually watch the video you would have noted that Reidy has had a setback and that's why he's pulling the pin now as he'd just be taking up a spot on the plane at this point.

Noblest of intentions from a bloke who's done everything he can to get in the field maligned by someone who couldn't be bothered watching a few minutes of video before going off half cocked.

Reflects real well on you old mate. Real well indeed.

He hurt his calf/hamstring again so no point him going to quarantine when his season is finished

yeh i thought that they were all going over and i didnt know about the injury. I was wondering whether it was worth the effort.... which made me raise my eyebrows.. making assumptions on too little info

If you'd taken the time to actually watch the video you would have noted that Reidy has had a setback and that's why he's pulling the pin now as he'd just be taking up a spot on the plane at this point.

Noblest of intentions from a bloke who's done everything he can to get in the field maligned by someone who couldn't be bothered watching a few minutes of video before going off half cocked.

Reflects real well on you old mate. Real well indeed.

yes i watched the first minute or so and then i skipped a bit and then the dog mauled the woman next door and i had to rescue her....

Farewell Reidy. Thanks for everything you gave us. I'm glad you finally stopped punishing yourself for contuining to play on. Even though you won a premiership and all-australian, you deserved so much more. You failed as a forward, get wrecked by injuries, come back and re-invented yourself into the best key defender in the comp by 2011, got wrecked by injuries again, came back and re-invented yourself again as a fairly good key forward at the time we needed it (imo at least), only to get wrecked by injuries yet again and still managed to get back for a few games. In fact, surprisingly, he actually managed at least a couple of games every season he's been on the list, which is extroadinary for someone who's had as many injuries as he's had. Anyway, hope you can finally be happy in retirement, and all the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best of luck to Ben in whatever he does in the future loved watching him play ,class act on and off the field

Reidy had the talent to be a really good, if not great player and was a really good player but as we all know injuries fkd him over and for a long time , that is the biggest travesty as we missed out on seeing virtually a whole career of seeing how good he could be

Always gave it his all

Retires as a premiership hero, legend of the club

Last edited:
Was a massive fan, watching him in 2010 grow from skinny kid with a terrible set shot into a stud premiership CHB over the course of 20 odd weeks.
Remember his horrible set shot stutter, painful. He was one of my favourites, always backed (hoped) him to get his body right but never really did.

if I walked away with one game, I’d be OK, this guy won the ultimate team accolade and an individual spot in the AA team.

it must have been heartbreaking each time it went wrong but he kept making the effort. Enjoy retirement and best of it for life after.

Always injured
First of many to come

I was as frustrated as everyone knowing how much of a difference Reid would have made if he could stay injury free (flag in 11 at the least)

It does not reflect well on us if we can't speak of a player with some grace even when they are retiring.

They do not choose to get injured, yet we flick that at them like an insult.

Thanks Ben for your contribution. Premiership player and AA. If only the rest of us could hang our hats on a fraction of those sporting achievements.

I was as frustrated as everyone knowing how much of a difference Reid would have made if he could stay injury free (flag in 11 at the least)

It does not reflect well on us if we can't speak of a player with some grace even when they are retiring.

Thanks Ben for your contribution. Premiership player and AA. If only the rest of us could hang our hats on a fraction of those sporting achievements.

Dont throw us all the the same basket.

I am not responsible for the disrespectful and thoughtless things others might say.

Dont throw us all the the same basket.

I am not responsible for the disrespectful and thoughtless things others might say.

I'm well aware mate and sorry you got that impression from me.

Meh
They come they go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back