Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
Image may contain: one or more people

magpie.central

Reidy signs on!

Ben Reid has signed a one-year contract extension for next year. Now let’s hope he can stay injury free in 2020 after a torrid run of injuries🤞🏽

Last edited:

I’ve been a Reid defender but we can’t waste list spots on players that always injured.

If we really are a million bucks off the pace to sign De Goey Moore and Grundy then a key position back up for a packet of chips may actually be the smart move
Back up is only useful if it’s available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mihocek was fit all year and got 2 disposals in the prelim, I'd be looking further upfield for that display
Cotchin got 15 touches on a dry sunny day, playing in the midfield without a tag in a side that won by 15 goals. Apparently he is a legend. :huh:

Rich lose a prelim and go and sign Lynch, we lose a prelim and re-sign a 30 year old injury prone past it player..and people think we are a flag chance, cox and Reid.. bring on 2021.

List management of this club needs complete overhaul 😩
Lynch situation was unique.
There's nothing comparable available this year.

Depth. We really have nobody the right age group apart from Moore and cant rely on Kelly Wilson and the Irish kids yet. Hopefully they make significant advncements next season along with getting some traded players in. Its disappointing that out key position stocks arent as good as they could be but Reid is valuable depth if fit.

I hop this means we arent leaving a spot open for Dunn though. We only have limited spots we can hand to senior players that might not be best 22.

We just need to re-sign Broomhead and Crocker and our list will be complete

No other club persists with people as much as Collingwood. We keep all these players that are proven incapable of afl lvl on the list, and then don’t offer players like Elliot what they are worth.
If we really are a million bucks off the pace to sign De Goey Moore and Grundy then a key position back up for a packet of chips may actually be the smart move

What’s more concerning is how are we so much off salary cap, with 0 flags, and yet rich have room to fit lynch?

There are worse one-year rentals at KPF going around than Reid. Up to him and the medicos to get his body right - he was starting to look pretty reasonable earlier in the year before going down again.

I'm sure there will be more than enough players departing amongst the following to slake the thirst of those who want significant change (these are my "educated guesses" as to the likelihood of players departing this off season):

Wells
Goldsack
Crocker (likely)
Dunn (likely)
--------------
Varcoe (possible - some as yet unsubstantiated rumblings about whether he will go on)
Wills (possible - opposing clubs might come sniffing around offering him more guaranteed playing time)
Elliott (maybe - depends on what's really on offer here and elsewhere, the late or end of second round compo we would get back could be handy).
Beams (maybe - not assuming anything either way at this point)
Scharenberg (maybe - I don't believe he'll be traded out but there are those who think he might / could / should be due to being squeezed out down back).
Sier (maybe - I'l still well and truly on the Bear Bandwagon, but there are those who think otherwise)
Thomas (doubtful given the two years remaining, but a team like GCS could do worse than an experienced, hard-bodied mid/fwd who can get the ball and kick a goal, the go-home factor is always there)
WHE (doubtful given the three years remaining, but some on the board feel he is expendable - I don't and think he'll bounce back in a big way next year)
--------------
Murray
Lynch -> Cameron (looking likely)
Magden (maybe)
Broomhead (maybe, perhaps likely)
Appleby (doubtful with one year remaining)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back