Ben Reid signs on for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that Geoff Walsh reports Reid's hammy as a minor one and talks of him returning is utterly mindboggling. Any man with a shred of honour would put his hand up right now and say, " I am done, my body will not stand up and its time for me to retire." Not at the end of the season but right now. If they dare to play Reid again it will be a shocking decision by the match committee. For how many years must we endure this two months of rehab for one and half games return? Move him on.
Our list is clogged with injury prone players and sadly many of them are in our top ten. Treloar, DeGoey, Adams, Moore and Elliott have all missed enormous chunks of football in their time at the club. We really know how to pick them.

Not Reid’s fault but decisions like this are why we haven’t won a flag, view Buckley making a GF as success, and have now fallen back down again. We need to stop with these decisions and be more ruthless.
I am starting to think more along these lines, Reid was exceptional for a number of years at CHB but we do need to in reality move on.

We have persisted with Elliott and hopefully (touch wood) this has a pay back, Moore is another who seems OK at the moment (I have a feeling I might regret that)

Yea lets bring Reid back for the finals series again... Can't see how that could possibly go wrong...

The bookies will run a special "what'll go first" - Calf Hamstring or Other.

It's very easy to be negative this week but I would not field a side with Reid. His body can't do what's needed and going through that rehab-reinjure cycle with him is an exercise in fulility.

He was retained as insurance for Cox. Cox has spuded it right up and when called on Reid's body gave up the ghost... again.

Let's cut our losses.

The fact that Geoff Walsh reports Reid's hammy as a minor one and talks of him returning is utterly mindboggling. Any man with a shred of honour would put his hand up right now and say, " I am done, my body will not stand up and its time for me to retire." Not at the end of the season but right now. If they dare to play Reid again it will be a shocking decision by the match committee. For how many years must we endure this two months of rehab for one and half games return? Move him on.
Our list is clogged with injury prone players and sadly many of them are in our top ten. Treloar, DeGoey, Adams, Moore and Elliott have all missed enormous chunks of football in their time at the club. We really know how to pick them.
To be fair, Moore and Elliott seem to be well over their injury woes.

....and to think, some on here want us to pursue Daniher. Injury prone and with mental issues. What possibly could go wrong!

and no more of "the injury gods are against us rubbish". You keep signing injury prone players year after year you get the obvious results.

Generally I’d agree, but Howe knee, degoey finger, kelly arm, iq...., there’s some truth! If it wasn’t for the fixture our soft tissue has been good this year

Sadly, I think we've seen the last of Ben Reid at senior level. Even a minor tweak at his age and with his history is likely a 4-5 week lay-off and time just won't allow a return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this official?

No, but I very much doubt he will play another game for Collingwood.

The fact he has managed to stay on our list so long is an indictment on our pathetic recruiting of key position players in the last decade.

He has been a loyal servant but his best was well and truly past him many years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back