Rumour Ben Roberts-Smith big role on Anzac Day game broadcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing that Seven big boss Kerry Stokes wants Ben Roberts-Smith to have a big role in the Anzac Day broadcast as a show of support.

Pretty distasteful if you ask me, but then again the man hasn't been found guilty of anything.

Hearing that Seven big boss Kerry Stokes wants Ben Roberts-Smith to have a big role in the Anzac Day broadcast as a show of support.

Pretty distasteful if you ask me, but then again the man hasn't been found guilty of anything.
That’s right. He hasn’t been found guilty of anything and it seems channel 9 are the main instigators of any question suggesting otherwise.
You would need to ask yourself why such a successful and smart man such as Kerry Stokes backs him in so much. He clearly thinks he needs support rather than the other way around.

An alleged war criminal and a convicted doping cheat in the same broadcast box would be just perfect Strayan areas.

and if he wasn’t already out injured, an alleged sex offender on the field.
Welcome to the AFL

Innocent until proven guilty applies to legal proceedings and nothing more. Completely distasteful if this rumour is true to have someone like him involved.

and if he wasn’t already out injured, an alleged sex offender on the field.
Welcome to the AFL

Yep.

Both sides playing convicted doping cheats too.

Can see why BRS wants to be involved - they make him look good by comparison.

Innocent until proven guilty applies to legal proceedings and nothing more. Completely distasteful if this rumour is true to have someone like him involved.

I have no idea if rumour is true but heard from decent thourthe and Stokes has been pretty big om the public shows of support for him.

Seems like a damn weird thing to do, you're basically gambling your reputation.

If he's innocent, no issues, let that all come out, and include him next year, he's still got plenty of years left in him.
If he's found guilty however then this is a spectacularly bad decision.

But as others have pointed out above, Seven aren't exactly great at reading the room, so this is just another example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be astounded is this is true (the ANZAC rumour). If you have been following the case you would have heard that the AFP are investigating allegations he buried a USB stick with classified information in his backyard, amongst other things.

Yes, all allegations. But surely the AFL wouldn't allow this. If he is innocent of everything he can do a future ANZAC game.

That’s right. He hasn’t been found guilty of anything and it seems channel 9 are the main instigators of any question suggesting otherwise.
You would need to ask yourself why such a successful and smart man such as Kerry Stokes backs him in so much. He clearly thinks he needs support rather than the other way around.

Yeah, Channel 9...and the AFP.....and the investigators looking into the allegations and the other soldiers who have come out and said he did it 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Yes... you would need to ask why such a successful and smart man would happily have a woman beater and drug cheat as commentators.

Yes... you would need to ask why such a successful and smart man would happily have a woman beater and drug cheat as commentators.

because if youre successful and smart it isnt a guarantee that your moral

They should invite James Hird and they can compare who lists their ANZAC medals more prominently on their resumes / court filings.
* I’d forgotten about that! 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back