Ben Rutten becomes Essendon*'s new co... actually wait no he doesn't just yet. But he will. Maybe.

Characterize John Worsfold's motivation to succeed next season.

• There isn't any.

• Maybe he'll try to win a Premiership purely out of spite.

• Opportunity to work on his tan by maximizing time coaching from the bench.

• Ego-driven agenda to destroy the list to ensure his successor fails.

• Only the necessity of showing up to collecting his welfare coaching payments.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺

In a decision as flaccid as their typical finals performance the Peptide Cheats have declared Ben Rutten will take over as coach, just...... not next year.

Apparently keeping John Worsfold in the job when they realize he's past his shelf life is a sensible idea, because they don't have quite enough confidence to hand Ben Rutten the reins immediately but don't want to see him poached by Adelaide. Yeah.

With the AFL's rich history of coaching apprenticeships & amicable handovers working out so well what could possibly go wrong? :drunk:

I'd be telling Rutten to get all this on the record and keep a copy of said records in a safe place.

It's death by 1000 cuts for Worsefold, I don't know why he bothers, Essendon is a ****** rabble and it's not his fault Dylan Sheil can't kick or that Andrew McGrath hasn't come on. All the major decisions are made by drug money in the coterie group.

I'd be telling Rutten to get all this on the record and keep a copy of said records in a safe place.
First thing I imagined when reading the news was in twelve months time and mere seconds after Worsfold steps down, Rutten rips a mask from his head to reveal the face of James Hird whereupon he yells "it was me all along!"

First thing I imagined when reading the news was in twelve months time and mere seconds after Worsfold steps down, Rutten rips a mask from his head to reveal the face of James Hird whereupon he yells "it was me all along!"
Matty Knights would pull it off better. 😂

Are they really on the bones of their ass so much they can't afford to pay out the pharmacist? I mean he wasn't there during the injecting and wouldn't know the details so he'd only be on a normal payout, not a Jobe "keep your ******* mouth shut" special deal

Woosha should tell them to GAGF
Is this the most expensive coaching team since Bomba joined Hird.

Carecella will be on a senior coaching wage when he leaves Richmond, as is Truck already and god knows what they're paying Worsefold to get him to face up for another year.

All this in a sad attempt to be a smaller version of Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that you had to use a photo with an AFL logo that hasn't been used in two decades speaks volumes.

Was a re post, not mine

But yeah. Pretty ****ed

Magnificent quote from the Scum board

The most stupid decision ever.

What the hell are we doing? We're meant to be concentrating on fixing our clearances and getting our forwards in order and we're playing games with our coaching ranks?

Piss poor form from the football club. 2020 will be a nothing year because of this. There will be no drive from us and we would be all stupid to accept this from the football club especially after what we were given in the finals and the last few rounds.

This pathetic decision to sit on a fence rather than making a straight call from the outset is such a weak attempt. It's almost like holding onto a cheating ex because you're unsure of a girl you're pursuing.

What is Rutten then? A baby? Needs his hand held? Are we afraid to hurt woosha's feelings? Rutten was stuttering for words throughout his presser, couldn't even structure any meaningful sentence unless it was "I urr wanna be senior... urrr"

God we have become so pathetic. fu**.

At least when you're wrong........

s-l300-jpg.747772
dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

Worked perfectly for the Pies. Can't see any way this could go wrong.

Just because it was a cluster* at Collingwood it doesn’t make it a bad idea. Consider Melbourne for example ... oh, wait :oops:

Back