Society/Culture Ben Shapiro

Remove this Banner Ad

Has your wife been pregnant again while you’ve had this 6 year old ?
No, she hasn't.

You're trying to wedge a different scenario in here (explanation of pregnancy/birth). That has nothing to do with Sesame Street making a tweet of some cartoon hands holding each other in a vaguely rainbow arrangement.

Shapiro: "Now explain homosexuality to the children Sesame Street. Oh, thats awkward? Its not appropriate for children? Yes, thats correct".

Errr no Ben, its actually straightforward and easy. I just did it in 2 very simple sentences. Peak Shapiro, as I said.

Oh … how sweet ….😂
Touchy feely cutesy
Just reality actually, thats what happened.

Be honest, that anecdote made you feel a bit sick in the guts didn't it :tearsofjoy:

And the reproductive side of things ?
They didn't ask about that. If they had, I don't think I'd be giving them a blow by blow description just yet.

This may somehow have escaped your attention, but you're the only one fixated on that angle.

My children are fully aware of how their brothers and sister were conceived.
Great! You do you, parent however you like (what a novel concept eh?)

I’m referring to the argument that if it makes no difference according to one poster here because kids don’t “remember” stuff then why bother promoting pride ?
lol fight your own battles princess.

I've no idea when kids start forming lasting memories (a quick Google search suggests anything from 2 to 7 years). But for me its not about that, it's simply exposure to the concept. Going back to my anecdote, thats the first mild exposure to the concept of homosexuality (that I'm aware of anyway) - when it comes up again, the kid probably isn't going to go "whaa...?"

When he's an adult he's probably not going to remember that specific first instance, but pretty confident he also won't have a particularly negative view of it (well, definitely not as negative as your view of it anyway).

Last edited:
For the 3rd time now - you need to explain why mum is having a baby therefore yes to an extent you do.
I don’t think they need to worry about gay sex.
You might need to. It has nothing to do with what Sesame Street tweeted.

Lucky they don't need to worry about gay sex then I guess ¯\(ツ)

Actually getting a little creepy now :huh:

My question remains unanswered
IF children dont “remember” stuff at an age where they watch Sesame Street according to your comrade, then why do Sesame Street need to refer to gay pride anyhow?
lol, the ol' "my question remains unanswered" shtick, you need a new routine mate :tearsofjoy:

You've recieved an answer (post #644), its just not an answer you like. Quelle surprise.

Last edited:

No, she hasn't.

You're trying to wedge a different scenario in here (explanation of pregnancy/birth). That has nothing to do with Sesame Street making a tweet of some cartoon hands holding each other in a vaguely rainbow arrangement.

Shapiro: "Now explain homosexuality to the children Sesame Street. Oh, thats awkward? Its not appropriate for children? Yes, thats correct".

Errr no Ben, its actually straightforward and easy. I just did it in 2 very simple sentences. Peak Shapiro, as I said.

I guess I haven't explained to my 8 year old son about heterosexuality or homosexuality. Vast majority of our circle are heterosexual, one of his friends has RCD though, he's never exactly asked why though, they're just his mate's parents I guess. He does know that his mate has a dad (a friend was the donor) but haven't explained the intricacies of the situation.

I'm sure we'll have a conversation about this at some point but don't see why it would be necessary now. Of course I'd answer questions if they came up but he hasn't been curious or seemed to care about this so far.

I guess I haven't explained to my 8 year old son about heterosexuality or homosexuality. Vast majority of our circle are heterosexual, one of his friends has RCD though, he's never exactly asked why though, they're just his mate's parents I guess. He does know that his mate has a dad (a friend was the donor) but haven't explained the intricacies of the situation.

I'm sure we'll have a conversation about this at some point but don't see why it would be necessary now. Of course I'd answer questions if they came up but he hasn't been curious or seemed to care about this so far.
Absent of the interaction I described with my son's mate and the brother I wouldn't have either. Probably would have come up sooner or later, we've got a lesbian wedding on in December.

Point is its not a worry if it does come up - either via interacting with his friends and their families, or via a post expressing LGBTQ support in the way that Sesame Street did (not that he's on twitter lol but you know what I mean). Which is the other amazing part of this when you think about it - wouldn't think any 5 year olds are surfing twitter in the first place to be corrupted/confused by the tweet, if they are there I'd say there are bigger parental issues to worry about in that scenario than kids knowing gay people exist.

Last edited:
O
Do you have a point, or would you like me to make one up for you?

This isn't even shifting the goalposts. You've just restated what I've said and misspelt a word.

A note: you cannot know whether someone else is legitimate in how they react to yours or other's posting.

Just because you disagree with someone does not entail that they are affecting emotion. Do you think the other people on this forum are reptiles?

Another note: discussion of moderation on the open forum is against site rules. Should you wish to seek clarification for why you have received a threadban, do so via PM.

It must pain you not to have gotten what you wanted from this interaction.
Oh
Contraire
I’ve got exactly what I wanted from this interaction

You seemed keen enough to discuss threadban on the other thread
But I digress

Let’s get back to Ben and the 2 genders

Sounds like a band 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Shapiro went to see the Barbie movie and surprisingly didn't like it. I believe he bought a children's ticket as well (cheap shot ha ha)

My daughter is 8yo and loves Barbies. Shame they had to make a movie too old for her to watch but promoted it like it wasn't.

We did go with her but the whole movie was lost on her and she was totally bored. How hard could it have been to make a kids movie. Done right it could have been a new Frozen for a generaion of girls.

My daughter is 8yo and loves Barbies. Shame they had to make a movie too old for her to watch but promoted it like it wasn't.

We did go with her but the whole movie was lost on her and she was totally bored. How hard could it have been to make a kids movie. Done right it could have been a new Frozen for a generaion of girls.

Yeah movies can't seem to just entertain anymore, it's a shame. Must admit I did think it was just a kids movie initially, I'll probably check it out for a laugh when I don't have to pay for it.

I watched Barbie today I'm surprised Shapiro was able to sit through the whole film. I imagined him sitting in the theatre constantly scoffing and eventually walking out, like when I saw old people walking out of the South Park movie during the Uncle *er song by Terrence and Phillip.

The movie literally juxtaposed
the two worlds of the real world patriarchy and the fictional matriachy Barbie world, with it's commentary by shedding a light on the suffering women have to endure everyday.

Is this where you try and tell me Frozen was without progressive themes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back