Society/Culture Ben Shapiro

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bad look and he stuffed up by not understand the type of interview he was in for. People treating it as proof that he’s only effective on his own or on Fox are grasping at straws though.

I think if he’d bothered to do his research and realised the interview was just being contrarian he would have done fine. To be fair, he’s put his hand up and admitted he f’ed it up.

Last edited:

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Shapiro and the abortion discussion
https://www.indy100.com/article/aoc...casio-cortez-abortion-law-georgia-ban-8906706
"Conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro tried to mansplain an abortion law to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Twitter wasn't having any of it.
The feud started when the New York congresswoman took to social media to protest a controversial new abortion law passed by Georgia state governor Brian Kemp. The bill, called the "fetal heartbeat law", bans abortions after only six weeks. But what makes it so problematic is that many women don't necessarily know they are even pregnant at six weeks.
This is exactly the point AOC tried to make when she took to Twitter calling the new law a "backdoor ban", considering it's essentially just a roundabout way of making abortion illegal in the state. She also pointed out other complications that could lead to a delay in a period and therefore not noticing you're pregnant."

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Neil himself is bad news, worse than Shapiro. Full time AIDS denialist.

"During Neil's time as editor, The Sunday Times backed a campaign to prove that HIV was not a cause of AIDS.[18][52][53][54] In 1990, The Sunday Times serialized a book by an American conservative who rejected the scientific consensus on the causes of AIDS and argued that AIDS could not spread to heterosexuals.[53] Articles and editorials in The Sunday Times cast doubt on the scientific consensus, described HIV as a "politically correct virus" about which there was a "conspiracy of silence," disputed that AIDS was spreading in Africa, claimed that tests for HIV were invalid, described the HIV/AIDS treatment drug AZT as harmful, and characterized the WHO as an "Empire-building AIDS [organisation]."[53]
The pseudoscientific coverage of HIV/AIDS in the Sunday Times led the scientific journal Nature to monitor the newspaper's coverage and to publish letters rebutting Sunday Times articles which the Sunday Times refused to publish.[53] In response to this, the Sunday Times published an article headlined "AIDS - why we won’t be silenced", which claimed that Nature engaged in censorship and "sinister intent".[53] In his 1996 book, Full Disclosure, Neil wrote that the HIV/AIDS denialism "deserved publication to encourage debate."[53] That same year, he wrote that the Sunday Times had been vindicated in its coverage, "The Sunday Times was one of a handful of newspapers, perhaps the most prominent, which argued that heterosexual Aids was a myth"

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Just looked at a bit of his stuff. He’s a conservative pundit. There’s heaps of them. If I wasn’t told of his gravitas, I wouldn’t have picked it. He can assemble his arguments faster than most, but offers nothing substantive other than culture wars stuff.

He’ll go on rogan or fox and get his balls tickled and get that smug expression back.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Oh that video is awful for Ben.

The sad thing is all his US fanboys will see it as a win for him against ‘liberal bias’.

But my oh my, Shapiro had his arse handed to him there. And you don’t see it happen often.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney

The sad thing is all his US fanboys will see it as a win for him against ‘liberal bias’.

But my oh my, Shapiro had his arse handed to him there. And you don’t see it happen often.

Echoes...interesting name choice

almost like an Echo Chamber...

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Shapiro really went for anything that would stick in that interview.

Attacked Neil.
Attacked the BBC (for being money hungry and Palestine sympathisers).
Attacked Palestine.
Bragged about being more famous than Neil.

It was really uncomfortable to watch. Shapiro came out looking like a petulant child. It's even funnier that Neil, as its free real estate said, is a pretty bad dude himself.

I then watched Neil interview Alex Jones and it was even more of a train wreck. Jones ends the last 2 minutes of the interview screaming for attention after the camera pans away from him. Wow.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Which questions related to Shapiro's book?

.......and mate, if you think that was some kind of liberal victory, then it's no wonder your politics are broadly ridiculed.

The point was in the Right Side of History he advocates for reason and Judeo Christian values - You know his hackneyed bullshit about Athens and Jerusalem - but that is not evident in his tweets - His bullshit revisionism about what he meant about JINOs and Palestinians were an insult to people's intelligence. He's so used to "pwning" everyone he can't take it without accusing a card carrying high Tory for being a leftist.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

On one hand, hooooo boy that's an ambush! I'm surprised that Shapiro allowed himself to get cornered so severely, over and over again. Has he allowed himself to be interviewed by the BBC before?

On the other hand, that wasn't really a fair interview in any way; certainly, it outlines the clear differences between British and American conservatism, and I got the impression that old mate was certainly trying to learn this young whippersnapper. But then, Ben Shapiro has had little interest in the past in debating fairly, talking over and attacking not the content of his opposition's arguments but the stance they take or the identity they possess. Sure, it's not fair, but them's the breaks when you live by the sword.

CD Xbow

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I liked Shapiro for the times he was brazen enough to use 'truths' that most wouldn't have considered doing so in the public forum.
I don't care to listen to his podcasts, or watch his channel. I don't follow the guy, but this was a stunt by the BBC.

When you reduce it down in it's simplest form, it was calling Shapiro to be a liar. No one likes being called a liar.
One should be able to change their mind about things as sometimes the situations around that situation change. Can happen.

Anyway, more chatting around Shapiro and a spike for Neil. Call it a win/win. :)
You have got to be kidding. Shapiro looked an absolute moron, and I suspect is an absolute moron. Probably the funniest thing in the world was when he accused Neil, an old Thatcherite as being a lefty. How dumb. Bet there were a few giggles down at the club for Neil and his chums. People who speak fast usually don't have substantial content and make up for it by verbiage, then, as Shapiro did in this interview try to talk over the other folks. Part of the problem for Shapiro is he mainly lives in a media bubble of like minded souls, most of him are even dumber than he is and he gets to drink a lot of his own bath water. Much like Geelong. Put up against a man with intellect, research and preparation he was shown to be a whiny, ignorant, stupid brat. Nothing more, no substance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The point was in the Right Side of History he advocates for reason and Judeo Christian values - You know his hackneyed ******** about Athens and Jerusalem - but that is not evident in his tweets - His ******** revisionism about what he meant about JINOs and Palestinians were an insult to people's intelligence. He's so used to "pwning" everyone he can't take it without accusing a card carrying high Tory for being a leftist.

Too used to US interviews.

Fox News - "so Mr Shapiro tell us why Hilary is indeed Satan"

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
You have got to be kidding. Shapiro looked an absolute moron, and I suspect is an absolute moron. Probably the funniest thing in the world was when he accused Neil, an old Thatcherite as being a lefty. How dumb. Bet there were a few giggles down at the club for Neil and his chums. People who speak fast usually don't have substantial content and make up for it by verbiage, then, as Shapiro did in this interview try to talk over the other folks. Part of the problem for Shapiro is he mainly lives in a media bubble of like minded souls, most of him are even dumber than he is and he gets to drink a lot of his own bath water. Much like Geelong. Put up against a man with intellect, research and preparation he was shown to be a whiny, ignorant, stupid brat. Nothing more, no substance.

It was a bad interview, he came off like a total jackass. I agree with Shapiro about 50% of the time, the other times he's way too conservative for my taste, but it makes me laugh when people use such over the top rhetoric. Agree with him or disagree with him, calling him an absolute moron makes you sound quite stupid. It comes across as if you believe you're more intelligent and I'd be willing to bet everything I have that you aren't.

Your sentence about people who speak fast is total nonsense, I get your post is a bit of a rant - but at least try to stay grounded in some sort of real life actuality.

Ben Shapiro gets DESTROYED by English journalist with HARD QUESTIONS

Finally watched the full interview last night. Ben got ****ed up haha

Sep 25, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Most of you may not know Kyle Kashuv. He's a Parkland high school shooting survivor who gained popularity among conservatives for opposing his classmates' anti-gun efforts. Well, he's in the spotlight atm because racist comments he made in the past have just come to light. Nothing more entertaining than when the "normal" v "loony" wings of the american right go to war.

Ive been following the antics of Laura Loomer, Jacob, Wohl and their respective circles for the last few years. Its easily the funniest long-running political drama on the internet. If you dont know about them, do yourself a favour and have a look.

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
Most of you may not know Kyle Kashuv. He's a Parkland high school shooting survivor who gained popularity among conservatives for opposing his classmates' anti-gun efforts. Well, he's in the spotlight atm because racist comments he made in the past have just come to light. Nothing more entertaining than when the "normal" v "loony" wings of the american right go to war.

Ive been following the antics of Laura Loomer, Jacob, Wohl and their respective circles for the last few years. Its easily the funniest long-running political drama on the internet. If you dont know about them, do yourself a favour and have a look.

Imagine being so petty that you want to stop a kid going to college

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

BEN SHAPIRO DUNKED ON!!!?!?!👌👌👌

Its funny how quickly these snowflakes fall a part once they they venture out of their echo chambers.

Zizek dunking on JBP, Rogan miraculously dunking on Candice Owens, Molyneux being outed as a proper hate filled racist, Shapiro getting dunked on by a conservative hahaha. The 'intellectual' dark web is looking more and more like the regular old dark web every day. Its funny how like in real life the loud ones are usually the dumb ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back