Ben Simmons to join Essendon in the future?

Will Ben Simmons join Essendon in the future?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll cut my balls off if Simmons joins Essendon.
The bloke could be earning 100 million a year by the end of his career.
NO chance he plays for Essendon....EVER haha

Even at 35 I get the feeling a man who is 208cm, athletic and has a good skill set could do some damage.

Seriously. He would’ve been a number 1 pick had he chosen football (Which, honestly, would’ve been a huge mistake for him).

He’s on his rookie scale contract at the moment, which ends at the end of next year. Then he will be a max contract guy, looking at somewhere around $150m USD over 5 years.

$6.43m this year on a rookie contract :eek:

The big problem will be he is likely to play forever - well into his 30's. Not sure he will have much left in the tank when he is finished with the NBA.

Extremely small chance of it, personally I don't see it happening. I think he would be better off playing a year or two in the NBL, and would probably be better for Australian sport if he did.

Heck the Bombers might even have an NBL team by then. They were one of the AFL clubs apparently looking to start a basketball franchise, and realistically they could start a team in the next decade and sign him.

On another note.... Is vanity no lobger a thing anymore now that we have social media? Finally got on board the Insta thing a few weeks ago and added this bloke. Got sick of the shameless self promotion and glamour shots after a week or so. I realise he's no Pat Malone in this regard. What's happened to the world?

He's a bit thin. Maybe the bombers could put him on some sort of enhanced program to get him over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are actually taking this seriously?

No chance of it ever happening. Bloke will be a top 10-20 NBA player his whole career. Good chance he’ll be a star well into his mid 30s. He isn’t going to be rushing back for a slim chance of playing AFL.

People are actually taking this seriously?

No chance of it ever happening. Bloke will be a top 10-20 NBA player his whole career. Good chance he’ll be a star well into his mid 30s. He isn’t going to be rushing back for a slim chance of playing AFL.
I’m just toying with the idea and trying to figure out how it would go down...

Back