Player Watch Ben Sinclair (Retired 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

You're talking as though he intentionally got himself concussed. Don't be ridiculous.
it is not the point.... it is the fact it happened again.. and how it happened.. it was dumb and he keeps getting serially injured year in year out. How are we ever going to have a settled back 6 with him in it?

it is not the point.... it is the fact it happened again.. and how it happened.. it was dumb and he keeps getting serially injured year in year out. How are we ever going to have a settled back 6 with him in it?
The "point" is you're being a flog.

A kid who was playing great footy for us, unfortunately is susceptible to concussion.

Instead of expressing concern for his well being, you start laying the boots in saying he is dumb, a liability for continually getting injured / concussed.

Emotional intelligence is something you are yet to develop.

Get well Ben, your dash and attacking flair was sorely missed.

How many concussions has ben had? Isnt it after a certain amount you are forced to retired?

I really liked bens past month, but 95 percent of the afl wouldnt of been concussed from that hit..
It just hit him directly across that part of the chin that would knock 9/10 people out and at real pace to. It was our intention of going to there last night to try and bully North instead of playing football and it backfired big time

The "point" is you're being a flog.

A kid who was playing great footy for us, unfortunately is susceptible to concussion.

Instead of expressing concern for his well being, you start laying the boots in saying he is dumb, a liability for continually getting injured / concussed.

Emotional intelligence is something you are yet to develop.

Get well Ben, your dash and attacking flair was sorely missed.
It's most unfortunate for Ben-a player I have been optimistic about for a long time, however fans are entitled to be frustrated by the fact that he is so susceptible to concussion just as you would be with a quality player with dodgy hamstrings. He simply cannot string a decent number of games together and it does hurt the team. That is a simple observation and a fact.

New instruction to players, don't attack the loose ball, stand off the contest, we might not win the ball, contest or game but at least we won't be labeled idiots by idiots.

It's most unfortunate for Ben-a player I have been optimistic about for a long time, however fans are entitled to be frustrated by the fact that he is so susceptible to concussion just as you would be with a quality player with dodgy hamstrings. He simply cannot string a decent number of games together and it does hurt the team. That is a simple observation and a fact.
No the point is that doodles is a flog.

Sinclair attacked a loose ball at the same time as Anderson. He hit the contest hard, like all supporters would want, ball spilled free and unfortunately Sinclair was concussed.

Only sentiment should he concern for a magpie player who seems susceptible to concussion when putting his body on the line for US.

Yet the doodles flog starts shooting from the hip about him being deliberately reckless and a liability. He has no emotional intelligence, poor posting and should give himself an upper cut for being a flog.

No the point is that doodles is a flog.

Sinclair attacked a loose ball at the same time as Anderson. He hit the contest hard, like all supporters would want, ball spilled free and unfortunately Sinclair was concussed.

Only sentiment should he concern for a magpie player who seems susceptible to concussion when putting his body on the line for US.

Yet the doodles flog starts shooting from the hip about him being deliberately reckless and a liability. He has no emotional intelligence, poor posting and should give himself an upper cut for being a flog.
put me on ignore please. But if you make one more personally abusive remark towards me you'll be reported. You show a lot of emotional intelligence here too don't you! If you can't see that Sinclair is and will remain a liability due to his injury rcord and the way he gets them then that is one thing. But to abuse me for holding this view is unacceptable and says a lot about you.

put me on ignore please. But if you make one more personally abusive remark towards me you'll be reported. You show a lot of emotional intelligence here too don't you! If you can't see that Sinclair is and will remain a liability due to his injury rcord and the way he gets them then that is one thing. But to abuse me for holding this view is unacceptable and says a lot about you.
Dont try and back pedal now.

You called out Ben as being reckless and deliberately attacking the man, which then contributed to him being concussed and hurting the team. It was purile drivel.

Made even worse because you were having a crack at a player who was giving his all for the jumper, for US.

You were called out on poor posting and still stood by it...that says it all.

Get well Ben.

Dont try and back pedal now.

You called out Ben as being reckless and deliberately attacking the man, which then contributed to him being concussed and hurting the team. It was purile drivel.

Made even worse because you were having a crack at a player who was giving his all for the jumper, for US.

You were called out on poor posting and still stood by it...that says it all.

Get well Ben.
You have very limited comprehension skills it seem. I am not back pedaling in the slightest. Just to clarify for you: What he did was reckless dumb football and once again we were a man down because he can't string 5 games together without injuring himself. You may love Ben Sinclair but I love Collingwood football club. He went the man not the ball as the whole team was doing and knocked himself out again in the process. More worrying.. he seemed to manage to knock himself out without getting any head contact. I'm not sure I've ever seen that before. Well before this I was saying he is a list liability and we will never have a settled back 6 if it includes him because he simply cannot play a full season without repeat injury interruptions. Now he is probably 1 concussion away from a mandatory retirement which just makes him all the more a list liability.. I don't care one tiny shitule for a player who recklessly clatters into another player and knocks himself out. I care when players are brave and smart and play good footy to help the Collingwood football club win games. It hurt our team and our chances of winning is all it did. You think because he is injured it immediately precludes him from criticism .... you would.. that's your kind of thinking. backpedalling pfft...comprende. Put me on ignore please cos I don't want to end up getting abusive with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Sinclair.. played 4 weeks of good footy this year.. just injured himself in a really stupid way in the first 15 minutes of a big game.. thought he'd show how hard at it he is and plow into a Norf player really hard.. not to tackle.. not to win the ball.. just to plow in and show everyone how hard and enthusiastic he is. Result.. another concussion and we are down a player within the first 15 minutes. This act sums up his career... sums up his value to the team and the Collingwood football club.
Worst post of the year nominee!

Think you
You didn't have to waste any time on me in the first place bud.. I don't rate your opinion or want to hear it so why'd you bother? But for what it's worth... He got himself injured AGAIN for no reason in the first 15 minutes. He attacked the man, not tackling, not getting the ball and knocked himself out in the first 15 minutes and we play the rest of the match with a man down. He is serially injured and a liability on our list. If he got injured laying a tackle or doing something useful for the team then you might have a point. Another year.. and Sinclair will spend half of it in the sick bay like he does every other year. He's not that good.. and this is exactly what makes him a list liability. Good luck having a settled back 6 with him in the best 22!

Think you need to step away from the computer for a few minutes bud, I hope that frustration is the only reason for your posts and not your real opinion cos its just making you look sad and pathetic! Bagging a guy that got injured no matter the circumstances is pretty low.

it is a worry for the young man, and l hope the club give him the rest of the season off. there is no need to put him at risk
he attack the player the right way hard and tough got the ball loose, just dam un lucky in what happened.
l have been impressed with Sinclair this year. but his health comes first so hope the club does the right thing
by him and give him the time off

How many concussions has ben had? Isnt it after a certain amount you are forced to retired?

I really liked bens past month, but 95 percent of the afl wouldnt of been concussed from that hit..

It's the fact that he doesn't seem to have any idea of how to protect himself that worries me. It's like he tries to run into everything with his head.

I don't care one tiny shitule for a player who recklessly clatters into another player and knocks himself out.
There is video footage of the incident in this thread for fecks sake.

Anderson was in the best place to win a loose ball, Sinkers went in lower, harder and fairly knocked Jed off his feet and knocked the ball loose. Smith was able to then pick up the ball.

Sinclair turned a kangaroo ball into a Collingwood ball by putting HIS body on the line and being more ferocious at the ball than Anderson.

Sinkers unfortunately ends up concussed from his great play, he is obviously more prone to concussion than the normal AFL player.

Yet you take the opportunity to pot Sinclair, in a toast thread of all places, and continue to carry on like a twat despite multiple people pulling you up for your poor posting on the matter.

Get well Ben.

I think that might be the straw that breaks the camels back re:Ben. I dearly hope he isn't forced into retirement but the kid needs to look after his body.

I've been a huge fan so I'd be shattered if it eventuates. Ruslingesque :(

Rusling had the same problem over his career (shoulders). Not the same situation is Sinkers who has had hamstring issues mainly. The concussion problmes only arose recently. Now that hes over his hammys it would be harsh to delist him because of concussion problems...unless it was purely under advice from doctors....

Potting players for having a red hot go at a loose ball (and winning it for our team)? What will they think of next?
Did you used to play as an "outside the field" mid Doods? Sometimes you just have to GO when its your turn, thats what AFL's always been about. Ben did, and he paid the price. It's called courage?

Get well soon Benny.

Despite his will and passion this game is not for him. He gets hit too often which cannot be good for him. His style will always give him concussions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back