Player Watch Ben Sinclair (Retired 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the game live and I can't think of a single turnover he had. Can you point some out and I'll go to th actual time it happened.
Why do people think that because they watched the game live they have some kind of great insight over those who watched on telly? You probably didn't see the turnovers because you were over the other side of the ground. I'm not going to sift through the replay to find them all just to appease you.

Ben Sinclair, of course, started out as a Mick Malthouse player, picked at 62 in the 2009 draft. He initially showed all the great qualities that Malthouse saw in players - tenacious and brave and loyal. Since Buckley took over, he has been transformed into a buckley player demonstrating all those bad qualities such as running around like a crazy rabbit and turning over the ball at every opportunity.

Of course, we all hated Ben in the last few years we continually posted that we wanted him to be dropped off the list, but opinions are changing a little.

Last night, it seems that he has returned to his Malthouse roots a little, becoming more of a constructive player. Well done Ben!

Why do people think that because they watched the game live they have some kind of great insight over those who watched on telly? You probably didn't see the turnovers because you were over the other side of the ground. I'm not going to sift through the replay to find them all just to appease you.
Did I say that?
I asked you to point out any turnovers he had and you can't. I'll be happily able to say I was wrong because I'll just fast forward to them as I I.Qed the game. But like I said you can't because there weren't many if any.

Did I say that?
I asked you to point out any turnovers he had and you can't. I'll be happily able to say I was wrong because I'll just fast forward to them as I I.Qed the game. But like I said you can't because there weren't many if any.
It's a silly request, because nobody in their right mind would sift through a replay to point out some turnovers or bad kicks.
He was running at about 65% DE during the second quarter, and ended up at 78% by the end of the game. Pretty sure that's consistent with what I saw of him last night, and consistent with my original post earlier in the thread when I said his first half was below par.

Did I say that?

From recollection would suggest you revist the last 10mins of Q1 and the first 15mins of Q2 - sorry I can't be more precise as I was at the game last night and didn't record it, however Sinclair did some real butchering of the ball. But as I posted earlier, he did redeem himself by doing some good things later on which makes him a very frustrating player to watch. The jury's still out on him.

From recollection would suggest you revist the last 10mins of Q1 and the first 15mins of Q2 - sorry I can't be more precise as I was at the game last night and didn't record it, however Sinclair did some real butchering of the ball. But as I posted earlier, he did redeem himself by doing some good things later on which makes him a very frustrating player to watch. The jury's still out on him.

interestingly, the people who make the decisions that matter dont really give a flying f what the jury thinks...

It's a silly request, because nobody in their right mind would sift through a replay to point out some turnovers or bad kicks.
He was running at about 65% DE during the second quarter, and ended up at 78% by the end of the game. Pretty sure that's consistent with what I saw of him last night, and consistent with my original post earlier in the thread when I said his first half was below par.
It's not a silly request the forum is based on football and I asked you to watch the game and you can't. You have no memory of a single turnover. Please. Come back when you have some knowledge of the game instead of firing back with rediclous posts.

Not sure if he's toastworthy just yet our Benny.

I too was at the game live and I distinctly remember Sinkers executing some poor skills or decision making at different times, particularly in the first half. I haven't watched a replay yet, so I will reserve my ultimate judgement and come back with a more informed view later today if possible.

Told you mate. No turnovers to be had.
I agree Sinclair had a great game. That smother on Phillips in particular stopped Carlton from getting the momentum. And his execution of skills wasn't too bad last night I reckon. I think its wrong to say there were no turnovers though, afl.com.au has him down for two clangers.

It's not a silly request the forum is based on football and I asked you to watch the game and you can't. You have no memory of a single turnover. Please. Come back when you have some knowledge of the game instead of firing back with rediclous posts.
There were definitely 2 or maybe 3 horrible turnovers in the first half. I remember because I sent a message to a mate at 8:11pm that said “Sinclair's turnovers are absolutely killing us”.

With that said, he did redeem himself and had a very good game overall. I'm certainly a fan of his.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the people saying he had a shocker need to take a step back - because he was one of our best last night IMO.

So many of our possessions last night were wasted because guys were trying to chip it slowly around the half-back line and then kept turning it over in the midfield.

Sinclair was one of the few guys who put his head up and took the game on, both with run-and-carry and then getting long kicks into our forward line. His disposal is not the greatest - but ideally he wouldn't have to be the one playing this role. Ideally more of our midfielders would be stepping up to play that role - guys like Crisp, Sidebottom, Varcoe and Treloar (well tagged) would be the ones that Sinclair is getting the ball to in the midfield/wings, and they are the ones getting entry into our forwards, but when so many of our possessions were getting turned over at that point, I commend Sinclair for taking the initiative and trying to speed things up through the corridor.

Ben Sinclair, of course, started out as a Mick Malthouse player, picked at 62 in the 2009 draft. He initially showed all the great qualities that Malthouse saw in players - tenacious and brave and loyal. Since Buckley took over, he has been transformed into a buckley player demonstrating all those bad qualities such as running around like a crazy rabbit and turning over the ball at every opportunity.

Of course, we all hated Ben in the last few years we continually posted that we wanted him to be dropped off the list, but opinions are changing a little.

Last night, it seems that he has returned to his Malthouse roots a little, becoming more of a constructive player. Well done Ben!
Can we ban the blatant trolls mods?

Haven't you sucked up to the mods enough to be able to private message them or are you trying to gather a posse from the rest of the people on the forum? Yeh ban me. We should ban the boring people like yourself too eh...
It was a fair question, all I've ever seen from you is absolute idiocy.

It was a fair question, all I've ever seen from you is absolute idiocy.

well i'm sorry but i havent noticed you before tark...but i'd bet you're one of the crowd that is saying how good sinclair was this week after you bagging him for the last 2 years. If you're deadset against idiocy and you're going to clean up BF then remember to turn the lights off when you leave..

well i'm sorry but i havent noticed you before tark...but i'd bet you're one of the crowd that is saying how good sinclair was this week after you bagging him for the last 2 years. If you're deadset against idiocy and you're going to clean up BF then remember to turn the lights off when you leave..
Nah I've been bullish about Sinclair for at least a couple of years :) I will admit I didn't like him in his early days as a forward but I do like the pace he brings to the backline.

The scorn he cops has never been justified and his dash and effort can never be questioned but....
his one on one defending leaves a lot to be desired, reckon he'll improve even further when we get Ramsay back.

The scorn he cops has never been justified and his dash and effort can never be questioned but....
his one on one defending leaves a lot to be desired, reckon he'll improve even further when we get Ramsay back.
Agree to an extent, but he does also seem to do a lot more than the rest of our smells to give our KPD a chop out.

Agree to an extent, but he does also seem to do a lot more than the rest of our smells to give our KPD a chop out.
True but that's likely due to him playing loose most of the time.

when you take the game and take a chance there will be more chance to turn the ball over than
some one playing it safe. rather have the player who try's to take it on most time, than plays safe
in a small defender
Sinclair is improving good on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back