Player Watch Ben Sinclair

Discussion in 'Collingwood' started by THATSGOLD, Jul 2, 2016.

Put it out there
  1. doodles98

doodles98 Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    it is not the point.... it is the fact it happened again.. and how it happened.. it was dumb and he keeps getting serially injured year in year out. How are we ever going to have a settled back 6 with him in it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. 1892

1892 Club Legend

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Hunter was a neck injury from memory, a few from other clubs have retired because of concussion though, most recently a lions kid this season.

3. doppleganger

doppleganger Brownlow Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Collingwood
    The "point" is you're being a flog.

A kid who was playing great footy for us, unfortunately is susceptible to concussion.

Instead of expressing concern for his well being, you start laying the boots in saying he is dumb, a liability for continually getting injured / concussed.

Emotional intelligence is something you are yet to develop.

Get well Ben, your dash and attacking flair was sorely missed.

DERKADERRR, Nicco_jj, Tippy78 and 6 others like this.
  4. Vod Ka Nockers

Vod Ka Nockers Club Legend

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    It just hit him directly across that part of the chin that would knock 9/10 people out and at real pace to. It was our intention of going to there last night to try and bully North instead of playing football and it backfired big time

5. domus

domus Club Legend

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Mooroolbark footy club
    It's most unfortunate for Ben-a player I have been optimistic about for a long time, however fans are entitled to be frustrated by the fact that he is so susceptible to concussion just as you would be with a quality player with dodgy hamstrings. He simply cannot string a decent number of games together and it does hurt the team. That is a simple observation and a fact.

6. Manic Shadow

Manic Shadow Senior List

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    New instruction to players, don't attack the loose ball, stand off the contest, we might not win the ball, contest or game but at least we won't be labeled idiots by idiots.

7. doppleganger

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Collingwood
    No the point is that doodles is a flog.

Sinclair attacked a loose ball at the same time as Anderson. He hit the contest hard, like all supporters would want, ball spilled free and unfortunately Sinclair was concussed.

Only sentiment should he concern for a magpie player who seems susceptible to concussion when putting his body on the line for US.

Yet the doodles flog starts shooting from the hip about him being deliberately reckless and a liability. He has no emotional intelligence, poor posting and should give himself an upper cut for being a flog.

8. doodles98

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    put me on ignore please. But if you make one more personally abusive remark towards me you'll be reported. You show a lot of emotional intelligence here too don't you! If you can't see that Sinclair is and will remain a liability due to his injury rcord and the way he gets them then that is one thing. But to abuse me for holding this view is unacceptable and says a lot about you.

CFC2010 likes this.
  9. doppleganger

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Collingwood
    Dont try and back pedal now.

You called out Ben as being reckless and deliberately attacking the man, which then contributed to him being concussed and hurting the team. It was purile drivel.

Made even worse because you were having a crack at a player who was giving his all for the jumper, for US.

You were called out on poor posting and still stood by it...that says it all.

Get well Ben.

DERKADERRR, TW Sherrin and Tarkyn_24 like this.
  10. legendstatus

legendstatus Premiership Player

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Victory
    Take a spell for the rest of the year young man.....

left at home likes this.
  11. doodles98

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    You have very limited comprehension skills it seem. I am not back pedaling in the slightest. Just to clarify for you: What he did was reckless dumb football and once again we were a man down because he can't string 5 games together without injuring himself. You may love Ben Sinclair but I love Collingwood football club. He went the man not the ball as the whole team was doing and knocked himself out again in the process. More worrying.. he seemed to manage to knock himself out without getting any head contact. I'm not sure I've ever seen that before. Well before this I was saying he is a list liability and we will never have a settled back 6 if it includes him because he simply cannot play a full season without repeat injury interruptions. Now he is probably 1 concussion away from a mandatory retirement which just makes him all the more a list liability.. I don't care one tiny shitule for a player who recklessly clatters into another player and knocks himself out. I care when players are brave and smart and play good footy to help the Collingwood football club win games. It hurt our team and our chances of winning is all it did. You think because he is injured it immediately precludes him from criticism .... you would.. that's your kind of thinking. backpedalling pfft...comprende. Put me on ignore please cos I don't want to end up getting abusive with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Tarkyn_24

Tarkyn_24 Brownlow Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    I think that might be the straw that breaks the camels back re:Ben. I dearly hope he isn't forced into retirement but the kid needs to look after his body.

I've been a huge fan so I'd be shattered if it eventuates. Ruslingesque :(

paul buhagiar likes this.
  13. PieBeast

PieBeast Premium Platinum

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Not good, not good at all.

left at home likes this.
  14. DWil6

DWil6 Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Newcastle Premier League
    Worst post of the year nominee!

5Elle likes this.
  15. Chefdan

Chefdan Draftee

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Think you
    Think you need to step away from the computer for a few minutes bud, I hope that frustration is the only reason for your posts and not your real opinion cos its just making you look sad and pathetic! Bagging a guy that got injured no matter the circumstances is pretty low.

16. left at home

left at home Brownlow Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    miami dolphins
    it is a worry for the young man, and l hope the club give him the rest of the season off. there is no need to put him at risk
    he attack the player the right way hard and tough got the ball loose, just dam un lucky in what happened.
    l have been impressed with Sinclair this year. but his health comes first so hope the club does the right thing
    by him and give him the time off

17. Finnishpie

Finnishpie Club Legend

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    It's the fact that he doesn't seem to have any idea of how to protect himself that worries me. It's like he tries to run into everything with his head.

18. doppleganger

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Collingwood
    There is video footage of the incident in this thread for fecks sake.

Anderson was in the best place to win a loose ball, Sinkers went in lower, harder and fairly knocked Jed off his feet and knocked the ball loose. Smith was able to then pick up the ball.

Sinclair turned a kangaroo ball into a Collingwood ball by putting HIS body on the line and being more ferocious at the ball than Anderson.

Sinkers unfortunately ends up concussed from his great play, he is obviously more prone to concussion than the normal AFL player.

Yet you take the opportunity to pot Sinclair, in a toast thread of all places, and continue to carry on like a twat despite multiple people pulling you up for your poor posting on the matter.

Get well Ben.

Tarkyn_24 likes this.
  19. Timmy from Thomastown

Timmy from Thomastown Hall of Famer

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Season over, put him in cotton wool and re-sign him for a year.

Tarkyn_24 likes this.
  20. Timmy from Thomastown

Timmy from Thomastown Hall of Famer

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Rusling had the same problem over his career (shoulders). Not the same situation is Sinkers who has had hamstring issues mainly. The concussion problmes only arose recently. Now that hes over his hammys it would be harsh to delist him because of concussion problems...unless it was purely under advice from doctors....

21. pablo disco bar

pablo disco bar Premiership Player

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Hopefully doesnt retire just coming good

22. Robroy22

Robroy22 Premiership Player

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Potting players for having a red hot go at a loose ball (and winning it for our team)? What will they think of next?
    Did you used to play as an "outside the field" mid Doods? Sometimes you just have to GO when its your turn, thats what AFL's always been about. Ben did, and he paid the price. It's called courage?

Get well soon Benny.

Kirby, Manic Shadow and Tarkyn_24 like this.
  23. TheWoodsOf72

TheWoodsOf72 All Australian

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    German National Soccer Team
    Despite his will and passion this game is not for him. He gets hit too often which cannot be good for him. His style will always give him concussions.

24. nahnah

nahnah Brownlow Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Cavs, Browns, Man City
    0 touches at 0% efficiency
    Delist.

25. Anzacday

Anzacday Poster First, Mod Second.

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    No turnovers or clangers - retain