Bendigo 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Vass38

All Australian
May 31, 2010
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone had a look at the likley team/squad for Bendigo next year?
They are going to be able to field a pretty damn strong side Id think - something like;-

Dyson Shinners H.Slat
Browne NLM McVeigh
Ross Lonergan Winderlich
Monfries Gumby Davey

Steinberg Little Merrett

Hille Prismall Howlett

Davis O'Brien Duscher Campbell

Quinn Dunell Maddern Biggs Liddle Kerridge Freezer Page Delahunty Ladson Vale Stewart Saliba* Stroobants Meli Collins O'Brien Dennis Taylor*

*Please note players in bold will likely play seniors a lot also (particularly Lonergan, Winders, Howlett, Monfries) - I just couldnt fit them into my best 22 as I whilst not everyone will agree I have Hibberd, Colyer, & Kavanagh in my senior best 22. Are there any names in that squad who have moved on - any new additions?? Looks like we are going to have a damn strong Bendigo team!

My senior best 22:

Fletch Hooker Hibberd
Myers Pears Dempsey
Stanton Watson Zaka
Crameri Hurley Reimers
Colyer Carlisle Jetta

Ryder Hocking Heppell

Bench from Hardingham Melksham T.Bell
SUB: Kavanagh

Re: Bendigo squad for 2012

the Bendigo listed players will be shaped quite a lot by the upcoming rookie draft. obviously whoever essendon draft will play for bendigo, so there's six players straight up. Meli won't play for Bendigo, that's over. Campbell, duscher, shinners, little and dunnell are all chances to be rookied, but not necessarily by us, so their availability is unknown as yet. Kerridge got drafted by Adelaide. Quinn is gone. Not sure that Maddern will be back for various reasons. Delahunty left before last season, can't see him playing again.

If he is not rookied, there's a good chance Daniel Pratt will sign with Bendigo.

Thanks Saladin.
shame we didnt get kerridge - I rated that guy. I guess its a matter of stay tuned for the rookie draft then which is 1 week from today I believe....
hope duscher gets rookied!

It will be interesting to see how many how many bendigo based players will be apart of the squad next year with the ending of the alignment next season.
There was a bit of discontent agmunst the bendigo based players last season early on in the year with the lack of opportunity compared to the Melbourne based players.
As normal the biggest bearing of bendigo season will be essendon injury list...

Maddern will be back... as well Shinners, Duscher, Stroobants (assuming they don't get rookied). Matt Little would also be a big chance to stay.

Have a feeling new development coach Rick Ladson will pull on the Bendigo guernsey as well and play alongside little brother Matthew.

I wouldn't be too confident about Maddern, Mrs Mercs. Apparently got injured playing for Kangaroo Flat during a BB bye weekend after the club asked him NOT to play (due to carrying a niggle). don't think he would have impressed too many people with that.

Possible team with new recruits;-

Hibberd Shinners H.Slat
Dyson NLM McVeigh
Merrett Lonergan Browne
Monfries Little Winderlich
Steinberg Gumby Davey

Hille Prismall Ross

Davis O'Brien Dalgleish Dell'Olio
Baguley Hunter Lee Long

shame about that HFF - I watched a few Bendigo games where he was clearly BOG. Wish him luck where ever he decides to go...

Had a quick look at Bendigo's fixture for 2012.

Six games at Queen Elizabeth Oval

- inc 2 Friday night games
- Game On Good Friday ( arvo )
- a game in Shepparton
- a game in North Ballarat

Lots of travelling in 2012.

Check out sportingpulse.com.au

Had a quick look at Bendigo's fixture for 2012.

Six games at Queen Elizabeth Oval

- inc 2 Friday night games
- Game On Good Friday ( arvo )
- a game in Shepparton
- a game in North Ballarat

Lots of travelling in 2012.

Check out sportingpulse.com.au

Like the sound of that. So I can celebrate an athiest good friday by getting a kebab, a lamb that was led to slaughter tastes best, then go for an hours drive to watch a game of footy.

Still really want to see a regular block buster between St Kilda and Melbourne, saints vs demons. It should be played around the time that Jesus was sposed to have gone down to hell and battled with the devil to release all those people from purgatory. ..... Sacrilegious?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the sound of that. So I can celebrate an athiest good friday by getting a kebab, a lamb that was led to slaughter tastes best, then go for an hours drive to watch a game of footy.

Still really want to see a regular block buster between St Kilda and Melbourne, saints vs demons. It should be played around the time that Jesus was sposed to have gone down to hell and battled with the devil to release all those people from purgatory. ..... Sacrilegious?

Port melbourne are a good footy side - And you can watch Peta Searle - female Asst coach at Port.

I know that he has not and wont, he has put pen to paper elsewhere.

Interesting..where are you hearing...?

I was told he was heading to an interstate Club but wanted to stay in Victoria and play with Bombers...thought my source was reliable..interesting to hear otherwise.. if he has put pen to paper then it surely isnt a secret

merrett any relation to roger?

Yes - His fathers cousin or second cousin, or something like. Also the great nephew of Collingwood team of the Century winger Tharold Merrett. And on his Mothers side, a relative of Geelong twins Stewart and Alastair Lord. Some good pedigree in there.

Well we missed out on Daniel Pratt... he has signed with the Box Hill Hawks... why is that Bendigo always seem to miss out on the ex-AFL players. Getting Matt Little was awesome last season but besides that Bendigo never seem to do much recruiting.

Great that Duscher has committed, will still be captain with Shinners Im guessing. Rick Ladson will be a playing coach as well but we need some more experience in that midfield.

Well we missed out on Daniel Pratt... he has signed with the Box Hill Hawks... why is that Bendigo always seem to miss out on the ex-AFL players. Getting Matt Little was awesome last season but besides that Bendigo never seem to do much recruiting.

Great that Duscher has committed, will still be captain with Shinners Im guessing. Rick Ladson will be a playing coach as well but we need some more experience in that midfield.

A. Bendigo can not match the cash a few of the Melbourne based clubs have.
B. They do not want to travel to Bendigo to train even if it is only once a week.

They are going to be an absolute rabble when they go out on their own again.

A. Bendigo can not match the cash a few of the Melbourne based clubs have.
B. They do not want to travel to Bendigo to train even if it is only once a week.

They are going to be an absolute rabble when they go out on their own again.

It's certainly going to be very tough. the only chance is if they can pick the eyes out of the best BFL players. that will be very difficult without good money since traditionally local players prefer to stick with golden square, KF etc and get paid reasonably well to do so.

This coming season will be messy, with bendigo trying to push the "we'll offer a pathway to AFL" line to local players and giving them games whilst also trying to juggle essendons requirements. I can see quite a dis-jointed season coming up, with conflicting priorities within not just the playing groups, but perhaps more crucially also the admins. Ideally, the split should have happened immediately. at the moment, it's like we've told the wife that we're leaving her - but not just yet deary, actually in a year. You can imagine how well things will work in those twelve months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back