Bendigo 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Bendigo squad for 2012

It's certainly going to be very tough. the only chance is if they can pick the eyes out of the best BFL players. that will be very difficult without good money since traditionally local players prefer to stick with golden square, KF etc and get paid reasonably well to do so.

This coming season will be messy, with bendigo trying to push the "we'll offer a pathway to AFL" line to local players and giving them games whilst also trying to juggle essendons requirements. I can see quite a dis-jointed season coming up, with conflicting priorities within not just the playing groups, but perhaps more crucially also the admins. Ideally, the split should have happened immediately. at the moment, it's like we've told the wife that we're leaving her - but not just yet deary, actually in a year. You can imagine how well things will work in those twelve months.

Money will be their biggest problem as any real money in Bendigo is tied up in local footy. Even while Essendon have been there the budget has been well short or just about anyone bar Frankston in the last few years.

Like you said the only hope they have is if the Bendigo Leauge gets behind them and the best local footy talent plays for them and those guys not picked drop back to their local clubs. If it does not happen and they field a reserves side as well then they will be the exact image of the Diggers who won under 6 games in 3 seasons.

Bendigo certainly have claims for helping guys to get to AFL level... they had the most amount of players drafted out of the VFL clubs in 2011!!! A load of them went to the Bulldogs though so Im thinking Grant and McCartney had a lot to do with that.

Pt Melb were premiers (and undefeated) and they only had Malcolm Lynch drafted.

Bendigo certainly have claims for helping guys to get to AFL level... they had the most amount of players drafted out of the VFL clubs in 2011!!! A load of them went to the Bulldogs though so Im thinking Grant and McCartney had a lot to do with that.

Pt Melb were premiers (and undefeated) and they only had Malcolm Lynch drafted.

So...can anyone confirm if James Wall did sign? I know this was refuted earlier, buy my mail is yes

Dean putt apparently trying to make list signed with keilor if fails.

Is Dean Putt a ruckman?? Was he by any chance on the Rich list a few years back??

Still no announcements about the Bendigo 2012 team... it's driving me nuts seeing Werribee and Willy all announcing all their big signings...

Yep that's him spent last couple of seasons at southport hoping to land at gc. Only just goes for mine but at least tall.

Putt was the player that EFC were going to select with their next pick in the draft - Richmond stepped in first - Ouch !

Think EFC then passed and got Bellchambers in the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news about Ladson, will add some much needed VFL midfield experience that we have lacked since losing Skipworth and Scanlon over the past few years.

The new Bendigofc website still isn't up and running, I want to know who we have recruited....

Don't be surprised if no one goes to Bendigo. Essendon won't be breaking thier necks to recruit vfl guns to a club that they are about to divorce.

The year could be a tough year.

Next year will be the interesting year.

Thats ok, obviously went back on his word.. My source is very close to Ben and at the time, he (Ben) wasnt going to play at Bendigo.

Oh well, its in the past now and hopefully he has another good year that can see him (possibly) get on an AFL list come December.

Lesson number one , always wait until after December, lots of players say they are going to move on or do something different but quite often stay or go somewhere different to where they said they where going in October/November.

Also have to be careful with third hand info , often player A says to his mate or family member i might go and play for xxxx which then turns into player A saying he is going to play for xxxx :)

Thats ok, obviously went back on his word.. My source is very close to Ben and at the time, he (Ben) wasnt going to play at Bendigo.

Oh well, its in the past now and hopefully he has another good year that can see him (possibly) get on an AFL list come December.
what ben are we talking about? duscher? if so there was nagotiations and signed for enother year.

according to the advertiser, ex hawk and pioneer player, jordan williams has signed with bendigo. sam vale re-signed. so too apparently has Maddern (that could be very good) and stroobants (top-up player really). Castlemaine onballer Wayne Schultz, who won the Bendigo Football League B&F last year, is being sought, and may have signed on as well by now.

Stroobants hasn't played a senior game for Bendigo in years.....

So annoyed that Bendigofc still haven't got the new site up and running, they said it would be done by mid Jan...

Can't wait until this VFL season is over,with Bendigo fc cracking the shits with the EFC for deciding to stand alone in 2013.....this year,NO Bombers name OR jumper!....hope our boys play well,stuff Bendigo!!....:thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back