Bendigo FL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Travelled down the Calder Yesterday as I assumed the Kyneton v Golden Square game was going to be much more competitive than my boys against South

I think I’ve said it before you would struggle to find a club in Victoria who gets crowds the size of what Kyneton do regularly at The Showgrounds. There were people everywhere yesterday and that crowd noise in front of the Grandstand in that last quarter was deafening!

The game was very entertaining to say the least. I really believe that can set Kyneton up for the year now.

Speaking to a couple of the locals, Kyneton had 6 out yesterday and 3 or 4 who shouldn’t have been playing due to being bed ridden all week with the flu, but with how Depleted they were already pushed through, so the bye couldn’t come at a better time for them.

Ben Cameron is an absolute star and nearly single handly won them the game in the last quarter as a 17 year old.

Cam Manual goal in 3rd quarter is as good as you will see. Gee he will be scary when he gets back to full fitness.

If Kyneton keep winning and being competitive, the club might need to look at a second grandstand.

Great for the league to have a competitive Kyneton side in my opinion
For a Gisborne native, your love for Kyneton is unheard of, your enthuasium is second to none though. Who's the best player in the league this year, Manuel, bernacki, McKenna or Kal Geary?

For a Gisborne native, your love for Kyneton is unheard of, your enthuasium is second to none though. Who's the best player in the league this year, Manuel, bernacki, McKenna or Kal Geary?
My man Bernacki still number one in my opinion.
I haven’t seen enough of Manuel yet but I’ve never seen anyone as consistent as Bernacki.

Jack Geary would still be high on my list with Cooper Leon as well

Devo to hear the loss of Lynchy on Thursday night and looks like we have lost Foreman for the next month with a bad hammy just as he was finding some real good form.

My man Bernacki still number one in my opinion.
I haven’t seen enough of Manuel yet but I’ve never seen anyone as consistent as Bernacki.

Jack Geary would still be high on my list with Cooper Leon as well

Devo to hear the loss of Lynchy on Thursday night and looks like we have lost Foreman for the next month with a bad hammy just as he was finding some real good form.

Yeah against Gisborne his four were running through the 50 when in the midfield. He’s more a mid than fwd. hard runner.
Omho the Kyneton win is an upset, I’d imagine Square would be dirty to drop that one.

What’s going on at Wade St? (Lose to both Sandhurst and Kyneton.) Thought they would bounce back but having their own injury list growing I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What’s going on at Wade St? (Lose to both Sandhurst and Kyneton.) Thought they would bounce back but having their own injury list growing I believe.

I’m sure they had a few out on Saturday and they will bounce back - when finals come around square will still win the flag - finals race will be interesting though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A trusted mate of mine travelled over today to watch Ky vs Euroa at Kyabram. He was not impressed with the standard and reckoned the Square would beat both sides comfortably. Euroa won by 3 goals I believe. (I was at home hosting a beer club meeting)!

Some great discussions on GV site atm on the top 100 country footballers listed in Weekly Times since 2000!

Almost a massive upset at the QEO today by the looks
I would never ever right them off but from a distance Strath appear to be a little more vulnerable this year, especially when Sharp is injured. Conversely Kyneton's win over Eaglehawk is also significant. Looks like they have 'arrived'. For years they have upset good teams at home, but have been poor away. Beating the Burough at Canterbury Park is really going up to a whole new level.

We could well have a Gisborne v Kyneton in the finals which would draw a massive crowd.

What about a Gisborne v Kyneton Grand Final!

I would never ever right them off but from a distance Strath appear to be a little more vulnerable this year, especially when Sharp is injured. Conversely Kyneton's win over Eaglehawk is also significant. Looks like they have 'arrived'. For years they have upset good teams at home, but have been poor away. Beating the Burough at Canterbury Park is really going up to a whole new level.

We could well have a Gisborne v Kyneton in the finals which would draw a massive crowd.

The league would have to hire marvel stadium to accomodate the crowd!!

It's a big 8 point game this week Kyneton v Sandhurst, you'd hate to lose this after pumping yourself up.

It's going to go down to the wire for the last 3 spots, south, sandy, Kyneton, square and the borough

Heading to Gisborne to support the Square Saturday. Anyone know how much snow predicted?🥶🤣

You should be ok in Gizzy bootz, although mount Macedon might be good to ski on the way home. The Gisborne boys seem to play better the colder it gets at the graveyard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back