Bendigo FL Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Square would not have been the biggest spending club in the last 2 seasons though. Or are you just stating that for others to catch them for quality would be too big?

The 2nd part - the list Square have put together is out of reach of most clubs. To get the talent to a club would cost a small fortune. Sqaure have done extremely well to obtain the list and keep it together. They desevre their success.

Still here Bart! $1.01 sounds spot on for Sqaure - really looking to people posting a ladder for 2011. 2-5 is a raffle and any a lot of teams that missed in 2010 could jump up and take a spot. Gis have a couple of kids from the RDFL and maybe a couple of ex players coming back to help out Saunders. No need to go silly next year as the budget to catch Square is not possible for most - if not all teams.

Funny I am posting to someone currently on TV - love your show!
I think you are spot on KA - 2-5 is a raffle as South, Eaglehawk, Maryborough & Sandhurst are all losing quality players and would have to recruit really well just to get back to last years level. For example the Dragons appear to have lost L Coghlan, J Walsh, Borchard, McGee, Weekley, Summerhayes & Scott so they have some gaps to fill. I think many clubs will be looking to last years under 18's in 2011 and in the long term this may be the best policy.

I think you are spot on KA - 2-5 is a raffle as South, Eaglehawk, Maryborough & Sandhurst are all losing quality players and would have to recruit really well just to get back to last years level. For example the Dragons appear to have lost L Coghlan, J Walsh, Borchard, McGee, Weekley, Summerhayes & Scott so they have some gaps to fill. I think many clubs will be looking to last years under 18's in 2011 and in the long term this may be the best policy.

agree Albury... w/ yr Sandhurst analogy that is. They are no hope for top3 finish, let alone a flag in their 150th year (unless Snake is set to unveil a heap of big names which I doubt) so may as well build for 2012/13.

Maryborough have lost about 25 players at last count, and that has come from a committee member. Unfortunately it looks like all their hard work over the last 3 years will be undone in 1 season. District league are throwing the cash around and plenty of blokes are jumping ship.

agree, k. rich --- matt brown is a big loss heading off to a dist. club not to mention all the other losses
maryb maggies MUST keep rinaldi --- were there any youngsters in the 2s from sept. who cood step up, maybe :confused:
think the bloke who won the grannie medal was youngish

stormboy or other strath supporters --- can u give us a list of signed, sealed and deliverd new recruits for 2011
look like storm will be top 4 at the very least with the new signings under new cch dazza w. :thumbsu:

agree Albury... w/ yr Sandhurst analogy that is. They are no hope for top3 finish, let alone a flag in their 150th year (unless Snake is set to unveil a heap of big names which I doubt) so may as well build for 2012/13.

Massive turnover of players at the QEO this year... a lot heading out to minor leagues I believe. They had 45-odd at training last week but was told a large contingent were under 18's. Interesting to see who they sign to cover the big losses

IF Borch stays there, Kenny, and maybe your lot can talk Spekky McGee into having one last gallop things might NOT look so bleak.
Waddya think ??

nah, spoke to Speck at the Cup (early before the frothies kicked in).. he's just had a second child along with increased work commitments. Unlikely. Although when Feb/Mar comes around, the feet might start itching, you never know

Any news out of Kyneton heard they are chasing Milward??

My info is that Shannon Milward is all but over the line to play there next year.

Whilst on the subject of tigers (Coburg and Richmond variety) I read Jayke Barrack who played at South this year has AFL approval to train with Richmond and is listed as being from Coburg. Was he a VFL player aligned to South Bendigo this year?? Anybody shed some light there?

My info is that Shannon Milward is all but over the line to play there next year.

Whilst on the subject of tigers (Coburg and Richmond variety) I read Jayke Barrack who played at South this year has AFL approval to train with Richmond and is listed as being from Coburg. Was he a VFL player aligned to South Bendigo this year?? Anybody shed some light there?

I believe that he was a Bendigo Pioneers player who was aligned to South Bendigo. He played two or three games for South.

anyone confirm flat did the crybaby act when harry maddern nearly over the line as hurst coach. the club will fall apart, all the players we've got left will pack up and leave, we'll get the spoon for sure in 2011
all that sort of stuff. so harry being a decent bloke sed: ok i'll stay at the flat.

hoops or kenny noisewater or anyone. can u confirm it's correct ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone confirm flat did the crybaby act when harry maddern nearly over the line as hurst coach. the club will fall apart, all the players we've got left will pack up and leave, we'll get the spoon for sure in 2011
all that sort of stuff. so harry being a decent bloke sed: ok i'll stay at the flat.

correct. Keeping in mind, what I mean by "correct" is that is the exact story I have heard from people from both clubs

Rumour is Kyneton still havent paid there players for this season? Can any1 confirm? Pre Season Numbers? Can anyone match Golden Square??????

correct. Keeping in mind, what I mean by "correct" is that is the exact story I have heard from people from both clubs

Yep, same as the Doc. Confirmed. Also,Simon Rosa wants to coach and was sought, but didnt want to leave Square after one year for a flag. Good guys the Rosas.
So, dont expect any outlandishrecruiting from the Dragons is the word. Will they postpone the celebrations of 150 a year??

Also, congrats to Troy Auld and Fresh fm on their VCFL media awards. Both well deserved and well earned. Great recommendation for how good we get it in Central Vic!:thumbsu:

yep, nice work from those 2 bodies, Hoops. not forgetting bourkey, westy, doley and the team from Bendy Addy in the last 3 for award for best regional daily. that award eventually taken out by the G'long Addy.

I'll second that, was what I heard from people at both clubs and several neutrals.

edit: didn't see Hoops' response, so I'm more of a third ;)

yep, nice work from those 2 bodies, Hoops. not forgetting bourkey, westy, doley and the team from Bendy Addy in the last 3 for award for best regional daily. that award eventually taken out by the G'long Addy.
yep, bad luck to the bgo addy.there daily kristie harrower allowance wasnt enough to get them over the line.:mad:

stormboy or other strath supporters --- can u give us a list of signed, sealed and deliverd new recruits for 2011
look like storm will be top 4 at the very least with the new signings under new cch dazza w. :thumbsu:

Confirmed signings for 2011

Shannon Geary - K/Flat
Brendan Hehir - K/Flat
Daniel Geary - Huntly
Tom Dowd - Gippsland Power/Leongatha
Leigh Prior - Northern Bullants
Jake Hall - Northern Bullants
Sam Mildren - Newbridge
Ashley Trollope - Elmore
Bryce Curnow - Golden Square, aligning with Storm via Nth Ballarat (VFL)

Player profiles on these confirmed signings can be found at the following link:
http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...ask=DETAIL&articleID=13797063&sectionID=93466

More recruits to follow, Storm's preseason starting next Monday night @ Tannery Lane.

Shannon Geary - K/Flat
Brendan Hehir - K/Flat
Daniel Geary - Huntly
Sam Mildren - Newbridge
Ashley Trollope - Elmore

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...ask=DETAIL&articleID=13797063&sectionID=93466

More recruits to follow, Storm's preseason starting next Monday night @ Tannery Lane.

Jayden Doanaldson as well?? What about Cam and Brenton Hall, Andrew Thompson? Are they staying or gone to Birchip??

Is he just? Who else has he got, and how much are they being paid? I think the entire MCDFL league is pillaging Maryborough's stocks for for the chance to be biggest fish in the smallest pond.

Didn't seem to be the smallest pond when you were pulling dollars out of Newstead did it, "Big Ollie."

Shannon Geary - K/Flat
Brendan Hehir - K/Flat
Daniel Geary - Huntly
Sam Mildren - Newbridge
Ashley Trollope - Elmore

From what I have heard Nth Ballarat have about 70 training at this stage without the Kangaroo alignment and they can only list 55, So until Nth Ballarat issue contracts no one will know where young Curnow will be full time.

Jayden is on board from what he has told me. I think the Hall boys are leaving from I have heard.

Jayden Donaldson has committed to play with the Storm. Curnow will be playing at Storm if he is unsuccesful at Nth Ballarat.

Hall boys & Andrew Thomson have decided to play at Birchip this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back