Bendigo FL Thread 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Eaglehawk gun Troy Coates has taken out the NTFL League B&F. Outstanding effort. I only wish he had stayed at Eaglehawk instead of heading home for Kerang this season so I didn/t have to watch him tear everyone apart on our league.

No doubt all at Golden Square wished he stayed at Eaglehawk also.

Kyneton are flying from all reports. Heard a whisper that Steve Pimm from Scoresby - Key Forward may be lining up there..Kyneton's young kids are very handy - Is young Page staying ? He was one of the better players early on in the interleague match before being shafted by Brennan in favour of square blokes :p As mentioned earlier they have brought back a few players that use to be at the club which is great. Redpath loss will hurt but with Thommo playing more it can be offset. Great for Kyneton / the league to have a kid get drafted and from all reports he is going well.

Haven't heard much from Castlemaine but everything that does seem to come out seems positive on and off field for them.

Did Maryborough hang onto there Geelong contingent ? I can't help admire that club and there coach for working with what they had and making last year a good one. I noticed Rinaldi and Malone will be back there.

Strath have lost Joel West to a Melbourne Club.

Cheers thanks mate! appreciate it!
will South Bendigo be the team to beat this year? had a look at the clearances list and it seems as though they have a lot of quality players from quality leagues!??

Well done to Coates! Much deserved! Freak of a player, will give all the other cmfl clubs a massive headache week in week out!
would pay good money to watch him line up against Andrew Lovett when Kerang v Woorinen

Cheers thanks mate! appreciate it!
will South Bendigo be the team to beat this year? had a look at the clearances list and it seems as though they have a lot of quality players from quality leagues!??

Well done to Coates! Much deserved! Freak of a player, will give all the other cmfl clubs a massive headache week in week out!
would pay good money to watch him line up against Andrew Lovett when Kerang v Woorinen

Spanna for me South are favourites. They have a pretty good mix.

How did your boys go V Castlemaine on the weekend ? Page / Saliba etc play and dominate ! Is Brodie fillo playing for tigers ? Great addition if correct

What did you make of castlemaine ? Any good players to help them win a few more games ?

Any other results from weekends game ?

Spanna for me South are favourites. They have a pretty good mix.

How did your boys go V Castlemaine on the weekend ? Page / Saliba etc play and dominate ! Is Brodie fillo playing for tigers ? Great addition if correct

What did you make of castlemaine ? Any good players to help them win a few more games ?

Any other results from weekends game ?

I wasn't there but I'm told Castlemaine won the game.

Castlemaine's very young side only had about 8 Senior players in it, I'm not sure what Kyneton were like, but Nathan Thompson certainly didn't play.

I wasn't there but I'm told Castlemaine won the game.

Castlemaine's very young side only had about 8 Senior players in it, I'm not sure what Kyneton were like, but Nathan Thompson certainly didn't play.

I love how you say you only had 8 seniors players in. I'd love to know who the 14 players use have got to bring back in. Talking to a couple of the players they reckon use had 6 out the same as what Kyneton did. Castlemaine won by a goal, I think the final score line was 9.7to 7.13.

I love how you say you only had 8 seniors players in. I'd love to know who the 14 players use have got to bring back in. Talking to a couple of the players they reckon use had 6 out the same as what Kyneton did. Castlemaine won by a goal, I think the final score line was 9.7to 7.13.

Sounds like a good game of footy :thumbsu:

As I say I wasn't there and I have no idea who played apart from 3 or 4 guys. I'm just going from what I was told by our guys.

i love practice match time. Blokes sticking up for there clubs making sure they mention who was or was not playing. Realistically we are 3 weeks out from the start of the season, and i would of thought clubs would be playing anyone that was fit. How 14 blokes are not playing is strange for this time of year. Did B. Culpitt, J Graham, Fristch all play?
If it is true that Castlemaine had a heap of blokes out then i would say the practice match against Kyneton was a good indication that they are on the right track.
No doubt Kyneton have picked up a few and will improve a heap so its good to see from a league perspective that they are coming good. How did there old brigade go, Chambers, Dryden and Beattie?

Went and watched Golden Square and Rochy have a run out on the weekend. Both teams had players missing, and was impressed with the way Square moved the ball back into the corridor at every opportunity. Rochy played well and moved the ball quickly, then had a few different options for kicking goals.

Weeks ended up with 5 or 6 goals, but had to work hard for his goals, getting a couple of cheap ones over the top for a few easy goals. Thought Health Aitken presented well for Rochy and is a good mark for his size - also had a run on the ball and did well.

Both teams would have been pretty pleased with the hit out, and both will be hoping for a good year in their respective leagues. Think Square got up by about a goal in the end with scores 80 to 74 (or there abouts).

Went and watched Golden Square and Rochy have a run out on the weekend. Both teams had players missing, and was impressed with the way Square moved the ball back into the corridor at every opportunity. Rochy played well and moved the ball quickly, then had a few different options for kicking goals.

Weeks ended up with 5 or 6 goals, but had to work hard for his goals, getting a couple of cheap ones over the top for a few easy goals. Thought Health Aitken presented well for Rochy and is a good mark for his size - also had a run on the ball and did well.

Both teams would have been pretty pleased with the hit out, and both will be hoping for a good year in their respective leagues. Think Square got up by about a goal in the end with scores 80 to 74 (or there abouts).

The Storm boys travelled to Colbo Saturday night and took on the Shepp Bears in two praccy matches. Both sides had very comfortable wins with the Storm's prize recruit kicking 12 goals in one half of Reserves footy (he left to go to wedding). Just as well he did'n't play the full match !

Shepp Bears look set for a long season if their performance on the weekend is anything to go by....

Better indication of where the Storm are at will be this weekend's match against Kerang @ Kerang.

Kflat 63 to cohuna 62 very scratchy game.. player from cohuna missed after siren which would of made them winners

the 2's also had a win by 2 pts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back