Bendigo FNL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Storm boy. Can you help me out. Rumor has it 4 of you players were involved in a punch on with each other Saturday night. 2 senior players, a reserves player and an under 18 player. Good to see players are really fighting for a spot at Strathfieldsaye.

Sure is. Gissy very impressive by the sounds of it. Whats up with Saunders?? I may have missed something from a previous post but is he injured??
Yes, i was very impressed with the boys on Saturday - they seem to have regained that extraordinary hardness that served us so well in the premiership years.

Saunders is set to return in the next few weeks i believe.

Yeah Gissy are looking pretty good... but at the same time at our boys were super dissapointing. Only highlights for us were Symes kicking 6 and young Broadbent playing well in his first ones game with the club.

Makes Sunday's game with South very important as a loss would make a top 3 finish pretty difficult.

Kangaroo Flat a bit better this year boys? Can we expect Eaglehawk to get going and make the finals or are they in trouble?

Storm boy. Can you help me out. Rumor has it 4 of you players were involved in a punch on with each other Saturday night. 2 senior players, a reserves player and an under 18 player. Good to see players are really fighting for a spot at Strathfieldsaye.

Any news that takes the heat of your very average team is good news i would've thought hey davis.
Good work by strath, but champion sides like square dont stay down for long, god help their next oppenents i say

watched the square - storm game, square will definitely bounce back, they were below their best (granted in part to how well strath played, and full credit to strath) but square will still be right there this season so i wouldnt hit panic buttons if i was them.

Id like to know is davis 24 's "source" for the "fight" is the same ne he uses for the match payment crap he speaks, if so pretty sure we can just dismiss it as useless dribble like almost all his other posts!

Seems south have a very deep list this season based on their opening 2 rounds! Add a maddern and stroobants in come finals time and they could be anything... with sth, square, strath, gisborne all looking up and about and sandhurst will get better, the league could be wide open this year

had a look at flat @ weekend lads and they look pretty switched on hough is a top recruit, quick midflder, mihocek hard to match up now hes playing 4ward and tigger downie always tuff to hold down m'bor pies looked ornery 2 me & not much pace there xcept for 1 or 2

Jeff Brennan to coach the BFL Interleague Side V Gippy this year. Anyone want to have a crack at naming the players from each side who should be in the initial squad. Believe BFL Great Derrick Filo is an assistant to JB.

Jeff Brennan to coach the BFL Interleague Side V Gippy this year. Anyone want to have a crack at naming the players from each side who should be in the initial squad. Believe BFL Great Derrick Filo is an assistant to JB.

Will be interesting to see the squad without a few of the big guns from Square ie: Bell, Bristow. Gives opportunity for others to have a crack at the higher level

Here are a few that i think should definitely be invited....
Flat: Downie, Dahl, Mihocek
Square: Lloyd, Rosa, Pratt, Weeks, Baird (X2), Hammond
Sandhurst: Coghlan (X2), Holmes, Hartney
Storm: Prior, Trollop, Dowd, Geary, Sharp, Hall, Ladson, Mildren
South: Childs, Anderson, Hams, Leech, Galea, (Stroobants, Maddern, Collins if allowed)
Eaglehawk: Bowe, Green, Gretgrix, Button
Maryborough: Johnston, MacIlwain
Gisborne: Farrugia, Waters, Messaoudi, Walsh, Medica
Castlemaine:? Shcultz if its allowed
Kyenton: Page

Probably heaps i have missed... havent seen much of a lot of the teams...

Should be a cracker of a game today at Flight Centre Park (Tannery Lane) today against Storm and Gisborne.

Two form teams to face off for top 2 bragging rights. The sun is trying its best to pierce through the clouds, so all is in readiness.

Good chance for all Central Vic footy folk to head out to Strath today to see who will win, what should be a belter of a contest ! :thumbsu:

Should be a cracker of a game today at Flight Centre Park (Tannery Lane) today against Storm and Gisborne.

Two form teams to face off for top 2 bragging rights. The sun is trying its best to pierce through the clouds, so all is in readiness.

Good chance for all Central Vic footy folk to head out to Strath today to see who will win, what should be a belter of a contest ! :thumbsu:

Storm Boys make it 3 in a row with an easy 10 goal win against Gissy at Flight Centre Park today. Game was won by the Storm in the first quarter with a 9.4 to 0.1 blitz.

From then on Storm maintain the scoring with Gisborne to the end of the match. To Gisborne's credit they showed a spirited fight back in the 2nd qtr to out score the Storm by 3 goals.

Sammy Mildren showed his class again with 8 goals, and Shannon Geary with 5 goals. Similiar style of play to that of last week's win against the Square.

Win puts Strath on top of ladder for first time in the club's history. Realise it is only April, but to have already beaten 3 of 5 last year finalists is a pretty good sign for the club, just need to maintain it for another 19 weeks. Still haven't heard from you in a while Davis24 :D

storm boy, How much better does Sammy Mildren look when he has some quality around him. Are Gisborne suspect down back against the better sides? Great start to the season and things looking good out at Strath. Very early but amongst the top teams, Strath -- South -- Square -- Gissy -- Hurst -- the game could be anyones on the day and if you go missing for a bit thats all it takes to miss out on the four points. Any other side make the five? I dont think so.

Here are a few that i think should definitely be invited....
Flat: Downie, Dahl, Mihocek
Square: Lloyd, Rosa, Pratt, Weeks, Baird (X2), Hammond
Sandhurst: Coghlan (X2), Holmes, Hartney
Storm: Prior, Trollop, Dowd, Geary, Sharp, Hall, Ladson, Mildren
South: Childs, Anderson, Hams, Leech, Galea, (Stroobants, Maddern, Collins if allowed)
Eaglehawk: Bowe, Green, Gretgrix, Button
Maryborough: Johnston, MacIlwain
Gisborne: Farrugia, Waters, Messaoudi, Walsh, Medica
Castlemaine:? Shcultz if its allowed
Kyenton: Page

Probably heaps i have missed... havent seen much of a lot of the teams...

Strathfieldsaye won't have any players playing because you don't get paid to play interleague . they,ll be spending there huge pay cheques at huha or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strathfieldsaye won't have any players playing because you don't get paid to play interleague . they,ll be spending there huge pay cheques at huha or something.
Based on current form, I would have 4 Storm players pencilled into the BFNL side already. Mildren, Jake Hall, Prior and Geary would have to be strong chances to represent the BFNL. Not sure how many from down K/ton would be in the mix Davis?

storm boy, How much better does Sammy Mildren look when he has some quality around him. Are Gisborne suspect down back against the better sides? Great start to the season and things looking good out at Strath. Very early but amongst the top teams, Strath -- South -- Square -- Gissy -- Hurst -- the game could be anyones on the day and if you go missing for a bit thats all it takes to miss out on the four points. Any other side make the five? I dont think so.

Have to agree Cornfoot Sammy has shone with the disposal that have been fed around him. Tommy Bartholomew has been a good asset to the forward line structure, and Leasy has upped his presence so far this season to take some heat of Mildren at times. Still, 2 bags of 8 goals by Sammy shows the league that you don't need to be a power forward to cause headaches to opposition teams.

Who has been the recruit of the year so far in the BFNL?

From Strath's Storm perspective Tom Bartholomew has been a handy acquisition as well as Nick Smith. Not sure what other clubs have but, would have to say that these two recruits have contributed greatly to the Storm's current form.

Great to see such an open BFL race this year. Think as many as 5 can be entitled to think they can win it.
My stabs at the Interleague training squad as follows;
Castlemaine, Fortune, Culpitt
Kyneton, Page
Maryborough, Rinaldi, MacIllwain, Johnson
K/Flat, Downie
Gisborne, Waters, Summerfield, Antonawicz, Farrugia
Storm, Geary, Mildren, Sharp, N Smith, Prior, Hall, Ladson
Golden Square, Weeks, S Rosa, A Baird, T Baird, Lloyd, Pratt, Hammond
South, Leech, Childs,Anderson, Hams, A Connaughton havent seen South yet has AC been playing?
Sandhurst, L Coghlan, J Coghlan, Hartney, Holmes, Borchard
Eaglehawk, Bowe, Gretgrix, Nicholson, Hill.
Havent seen a pile of footy but Im thinking we wont see VFL players who get games but we will see at least one player from each side in the final team. Seems to be a directive

how is Brodie Collins going at Eaglehawk. this kid had a run at Glenelg in the SANFL and was going to make it before moving back to Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back