Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just reading the Goulburn Valley League thread and it says that Christopher Ryan from Golden Square is playing at Tatura next season.

Just reading the Goulburn Valley League thread and it says that Christopher Ryan from Golden Square is playing at Tatura next season.

He'll take Adam Baird Che Walls and more with him

Exodus at Strathfieldsaye continues with Trollop Curnow Pilcher Hall Bartholemew Smith and even his own son Jordan Wilson leaving several more still to come the wheels have fallen off. Only place with a bigger exodus is in the BFNL is Kangaroo Flat expect to see half the side sign with Miti

He'll take Adam Baird Che Walls and more with him

Exodus at Strathfieldsaye continues with Trollop Curnow Pilcher Hall Bartholemew Smith and even his own son Jordan Wilson leaving several more still to come the wheels have fallen off. Only place with a bigger exodus is in the BFNL is Kangaroo Flat expect to see half the side sign with Miti

Each team loses players each year. Both square and strath have strong juniors should be able to cover the loss of yourself and the other players. I'd expect both these teams to lose players but pick a few younger mature players,

Square looks to have made a good choice in there coach, hopefully not to late and behind the 8 bal sandhurst may At least some of their depth but have juniors

Concern would be kyneton and Castlemaine losing players

South willl improve spear on right track

Each team loses players each year. Both square and strath have strong juniors should be able to cover the loss of yourself and the other players. I'd expect both these teams to lose players but pick a few younger mature players,

Square looks to have made a good choice in there coach, hopefully not to late and behind the 8 bal sandhurst may At least some of their depth but have juniors

Who is leaving Kynetonand Castlemaine? Maryborough is by far the biggest concern the BFL faces. The problem is that no one over that way seems to want to acknowledge the obvious...there are too many clubs for the population over there. Nothing will change until that is sorted

Who is leaving Kynetonand Castlemaine? Maryborough is by far the biggest concern the BFL faces. The problem is that no one over that way seems to want to acknowledge the obvious...there are too many clubs for the population over there. Nothing will change until that is sorted

No doubt MB an issue so too are the out of bendigo teams.
There are to many teams in general but reduce the teams and you restricting people from playing sports or a kid playing

Who's coaching Square?

He might bring the magician saad saad aswell?

I think Saad is about done Normo. I think he was mostly injured playing Div 2 EDFL this year.
Has been a dead set legend at Seymour, particularly over that four year period when Seymour played in four GF's. Haberman will be good for Square.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge changes coming at Kangaroo Flat, Castlemaine and Strathfieldsaye I am hearing.

Rumour has it that more than 15 senior players are gone from Flat. Oswald, Broadbent, Hough, Pridgeoin, Healy, Rinaldi, Kelly, Barrack, Weigard, Bower, Brooks, McNish, Lloyd, Newlan and Benbow. Ouch!

Storm are also losing some quality as detailed above. The biggest rumor is is that Jake Hall and Reece Healy will be co-coaching at Mount Pleasant. I am hearing it is close to a done deal.

Watch out for Castlemaine as well. Active in recruiting and already training down at the Camp. Wayne Schultz has a couple of mates lined up to join the magpies and they will be a vastly improved outfit.

Huge changes coming at Kangaroo Flat, Castlemaine and Strathfieldsaye I am hearing.

Rumour has it that more than 15 senior players are gone from Flat. Oswald, Broadbent, Hough, Pridgeoin, Healy, Rinaldi, Kelly, Barrack, Weigard, Bower, Brooks, McNish, Lloyd, Newlan and Benbow. Ouch!

Storm are also losing some quality as detailed above. The biggest rumor is is that Jake Hall and Reece Healy will be co-coaching at Mount Pleasant. I am hearing it is close to a done deal.

Watch out for Castlemaine as well. Active in recruiting and already training down at the Camp. Wayne Schultz has a couple of mates lined up to join the magpies and they will be a vastly improved outfit.

Yep you are pretty spot on with your Flat news, some unusual decisions made this year and personally I can't see things improving until Stevens and Maclure move on sadly.

Finished playing after Seymour's 4th GF I believe.
Well past playing given that was 2008. Will be a good coach though.

My oath he will. One of my biggest regrets was not hopping on with Habers when I had the chance a few years back. Square have got a good one there :thumbsu:

Yep you are pretty spot on with your Flat news, some unusual decisions made this year and personally I can't see things improving until Stevens and Maclure move on sadly.

Talking to one of the players leaving I don't think Stevens will be heavily involved in 2017. Apparently his role is working with the league and the juniors. I know he wasn't at training on Monday night at all and it was the first senior training.

Maclure is that their president? Surely a president can't impact performance unless he is having a say on recruiting and selection

Off Flat because there is too much about them on here. Anyone hear the Ben McGlynn to Strath Storm rumour?

Led to believe Hall is staying on at Strath. What would the exodus at Flat be about? New Coaches or just bad timing?

Wouldn’t have thought it was the coaching appointment but who knows. Shauny Filo knows football and I am sure he will do well. I actually think Shaun is the first external coaching appointment with a reputation that Kangaroo Flat has made in a very long time. Perhaps the unknown has scared a few.

They were looking for a new senior coach from about the half way mark of the year so maybe the uncertainty made a few leave. It is strange but, if the coach wasn’t liked and he was coaching again in 2017 you would expect players to leave. But the coach from last season isn’t coaching so I thinking there is another issue somewhere.

If the players leaving is true it is a shame because you wouldn’t think the league would want sides that missed the 5 to go back down the ladder. I follow Castlemaine from a distance now, but I remember 4 years ago the Pies smashed Kangaroo Flat twice in the season. Flat were on the bottom and they were hopeless. This season I watched both games against Flat. I saw a half at the Camp on a Sunday and Flat won convincingly. Then they romped to victory in the final round of the year when Maine should have been sending off Robbo with a win.

Wouldn’t have thought it was the coaching appointment but who knows. Shauny Filo knows football and I am sure he will do well. I actually think Shaun is the first external coaching appointment with a reputation that Kangaroo Flat has made in a very long time. Perhaps the unknown has scared a few.

They were looking for a new senior coach from about the half way mark of the year so maybe the uncertainty made a few leave. It is strange but, if the coach wasn’t liked and he was coaching again in 2017 you would expect players to leave. But the coach from last season isn’t coaching so I thinking there is another issue somewhere.

If the players leaving is true it is a shame because you wouldn’t think the league would want sides that missed the 5 to go back down the ladder. I follow Castlemaine from a distance now, but I remember 4 years ago the Pies smashed Kangaroo Flat twice in the season. Flat were on the bottom and they were hopeless. This season I watched both games against Flat. I saw a half at the Camp on a Sunday and Flat won convincingly. Then they romped to victory in the final round of the year when Maine should have been sending off Robbo with a win.

Yer some of those blokes have been there a long while with very little finals action so they were probably primed to do something different. Which ones have gone to Mitiamo? I'm sure Filo will come up with something from his extensive contacts to make that Flat competitive. Where is Rhys Healey off too? He seems to move around a hell of a lot and was originally an Eaglehawk kid.

You make a good point Tragic. As a Sandhurst supporter I enjoyed last year, but it is a long time since Maryborough, Castlemaine, Kangaroo Flat and even Kyneton have had real success. I know Kyneton have come back from a long way and made the finals the last two years, but they have not looked like doing any damage in September. Hopefully that can change this year. Until one or more of these teams can become a real force the BFNL is going to be shallow and not attractive to anyone living outside of Bendigo itself.

Back