Stormboy

Senior List
Sep 26, 2008
Home
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Strath Storm
Ok, with the opening round of season 2014 done and dusted, I thought it was time to stop reflecting on Season 2013 and create the Season 2014 BFNL thread...

To kick off the thread, I have created a poll on this year's flag favourites. No prizes for guessing my vote !

Ok, with the opening round of season 2014 done and dusted, I thought it was time to stop reflecting on Season 2013 and create the Season 2014 BFNL thread...

To kick off the thread, I have created a poll on this year's flag favourites. No prizes for guessing my vote !
Looks like Storm Vs Gisborne GF at this point

Looks like Storm Vs Gisborne GF at this point

Wouldnt be so quick to disregard the Premiers of the past 5 years. They were pretty reasonable yesterday Jones will be huge for them when he gets in there Ladson could come in and if the kids theyve got come along and grab 1 or 2 more they will be hot on Strath's heel come September. Hopefully the Dragons and Gisborne good enough to be in the mix as well.

Wouldnt be so quick to disregard the Premiers of the past 5 years. They were pretty reasonable yesterday Jones will be huge for them when he gets in there Ladson could come in and if the kids theyve got come along and grab 1 or 2 more they will be hot on Strath's heel come September. Hopefully the Dragons and Gisborne good enough to be in the mix as well.
Fair Call
Was just making comment about Poll at top of page
To early to make a call yet

Fair Call
Was just making comment about Poll at top of page
To early to make a call yet

The other issue is who do we think will finish 5th? Strath, Gisborne, Square and the Dragons are expected by most to make up the top four, but who will be next?
I believe it is out of Eaglehawk and Kangaroo Flat. I am leaning towards the Flat, but only just.

Any comments?

The other issue is who do we think will finish 5th? Strath, Gisborne, Square and the Dragons are expected by most to make up the top four, but who will be next?
I believe it is out of Eaglehawk and Kangaroo Flat. I am leaning towards the Flat, but only just.

Any comments?
Will find out Anzac day

Round 2 tips- Kangaroo Flat by 24 points over Castlemaine who could win the wooden spoon this year.

Strathfieldsaye to beat Eagleahawk by 55 points.

Gisborne by 42 over Maryborough. Alot harder to beat there.

Golden Square by 70 points over South. The Bloods look in for a long year.

Sandhurst by 30 points over Kyneton. Tigers look to have a quality top end but battling bottom end.

Anyone else?

Round 2 tips- Kangaroo Flat by 24 points over Castlemaine who could win the wooden spoon this year.

Strathfieldsaye to beat Eagleahawk by 55 points.

Gisborne by 42 over Maryborough. Alot harder to beat there.

Golden Square by 70 points over South. The Bloods look in for a long year.

Sandhurst by 30 points over Kyneton. Tigers look to have a quality top end but battling bottom end.

Anyone else?
Hey Fly
Wait till you see the Jane Bunns weather report as could make games closer

My tips, margins and talking points for Round 2

Flat over Maine by 91 - Maine to kick less than 5 goals
Strath over Eaglehawk by 31 points - scores to be close to even at 3/4 time Milne to kick 3 in last quarter
Gisborne over MB by 89 points - Knox to kick 2nd bag of 8 for the year
Golden Square over South by 28 points - this will be closer than most people think
Sandhurst over Kyneton by 21 points - Fitness will win out for Dragons on big ground, O'Meara best on ground

Major talking point - Matt Knox has the Ron Best Medal sown up for 2014

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about Flat by 91 as they have always struggled down Camp res in the past
Strath over Ehawk yes
Gisborne over MB yes but MB won't let it blow out
GSquare easy over South
Sandhurst over Kyneton yes

Went to the Castlemaine v Kangaroo Flat match at Camp Reserve today. Must say Kangaroo Flat are no where near the level I thought they would be, only beating Castlemaine by 6goals, thanks to a huge 3rd quarter. Castlemaine on the other hand fought hard and have some real quality in their list, but I feel their bottom few really let them down.

Correct Crooked as I was there too
Poor forward work in last quarter 1.6 I think did not help as well
Castlemaine are always hard to beat down there and sure the Flat did not put them away but would also be happy to leave with a win
The Flats good is very good but their bad work is Bad
Credit must also go to Castlemaine but don't think they should worry about dishing out cheap shots pay the ball and will worry some sides

South 15points up over golden square at half time. Good game but square look rattled

South 15points up over golden square at half time. Good game but square look rattled
Square and Rattled are normally not 2 words used in the same sentence
Is the game open or contested ?
Square turned it up in the 3rd and are now 3 goals up. South no longer chasing or have the same intensity as the first half

:p
South were hungrier. If Jack Geary didn't play the bloods win easy... IMO anyway.

Travelled down to watch this game and some x local boys play for south. Saw a cracking game of footy with South really competitive except for the third quarter against the wind. Agree Geary was great, but the highlight for me was watching Rosa at the contested ball. He was exceptional and made those on the outside look better than they were. To cap off a good day some Square lads left a washing basket with stubbies on ice at the front of our ute which we consumed on the way home:p. Starting to really enjoy the Bendigo League, or is this just something the Square do for interstate travellers.:)

:p

Travelled down to watch this game and some x local boys play for south. Saw a cracking game of footy with South really competitive except for the third quarter against the wind. Agree Geary was great, but the highlight for me was watching Rosa at the contested ball. He was exceptional and made those on the outside look better than they were. To cap off a good day some Square lads left a washing basket with stubbies on ice at the front of our ute which we consumed on the way home:p. Starting to really enjoy the Bendigo League, or is this just something the Square do for interstate travellers.:)
Got to be happy with FREE BEER and even happier when its cold

Back