Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all Souths recruiting, a few of last years players will be dropped to the seconds. Hopefully the kids like little Alex Galea and Mitch Hall still get a run.

Rhan said:
With all Souths recruiting, a few of last years players will be dropped to the seconds. Hopefully the kids like little Alex Galea and Mitch Hall still get a run.

goofy cowan on the move to golden square big get for square

Jock Clark 2 said:
AND another quick one for you Spoke. Thanks to Grimmett for the direct link but also try:
www.bendigofooty.tk then click on "transfers"

You'll see Wh. Hills has rejected Shannon Hayes application to join South Bendigo but approved Ricky Coburn to go to Souith.
Wonder whether South will go to appeal to try and snaffle Hayes
They have a heap of paperwork "in progress" the ol' Red and Whites from South

Could you check the link above Jock, tried it a couple of times without success

Works for me Spoke. And you will find there's a heap of new applications in the "ins" and "outs" on the transfers list from today.
Have you guys herd North City is trying very hard to get Contessa and Simon Cox to their club from the SANFL, I think it is.
Two players with AFL experience would give them a huge lift in their debut senior season.

Jock Clark 2 said:
Works for me Spoke. And you will find there's a heap of new applications in the "ins" and "outs" on the transfers list from today.
Have you guys herd North City is trying very hard to get Contessa and Simon Cox to their club from the SANFL, I think it is.
Two players with AFL experience would give them a huge lift in their debut senior season.

Must be a conspiracy to keep me out away from the site! How old would those two blokes would be? Didn't Simon Cox retire or get the flick at a reasonably young age? Surely they would have to be close to the biggest recruits of the BFL this year?

spoke4923 said:
Could you check the link above Jock, tried it a couple of times without success

gday spoke4923,

I run the www.bendigofooty.tk website and everything is working fine on my end although I have had another person mention that it isnt working. Can you tell me what happens when you try and also can you try over the next couple of days and see if it works?

Jock Clark 2 said:

Is this Adam Contessa?

THAT'S him, Rhan. How good will North City be -- and in their debut season at that -- if they get Adam Contessa and Simon Cox.
They have those good young players returning from Redan and Daylesford and other Ballarat teams.
Some of them coming back from Redan played in Ballarat league premiership winning teams.
Coach McCarty sez those sorts of blokes will be around 22 or 23 but have 60 to 70 games of senior experience under their belts.
Top them up with Contessa and Cox and the North City outfit will be veeeeeerrry handy !
Forumer from the other BFL thread mentioned this today. Flick over there and have a look. The forumer in question knows a bit about the SANFL, it seems.

caveman said:
gday spoke4923,

I run the www.bendigofooty.tk website and everything is working fine on my end although I have had another person mention that it isnt working. Can you tell me what happens when you try and also can you try over the next couple of days and see if it works?

Still no good, caveman. It just comes up blank, have tried it a few times over the last couple of days.

spoke4923 said:
Still no good, caveman. It just comes up blank, have tried it a few times over the last couple of days.

I have sent an email to the host and I am awaiting a reply mate but I have tried the website on a few computers without any problem. I will let you know if they can give me an answer.

Can everyone else llet us know if www.bendigofooty.tk works for them or not please?

spoke4923 said:

Gday mate,

The people that host the page sent me the following for you to try.

1. You may need to have your pop up blockers disabled

2. You may need to have cookies enabled in your browser (do this by
going to to Tools, then Internet Options in your browser)

3. It may be an issue to do with Norton Internet security. If you have
Norton Internet security, please let me know.

They tried the website and it worked for them as well. Let me know how you go! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It should certainly be an interesting season, south and golden square sound like they have improved on their lists and are a bit stronger. Eaglehawk will be up there again, but Gisborne will still be expected to be the strongest, a bit undecided of north city. i hear that they have restrictions on how many players they could get from each of teams in the ballarat comp, they will prob be a young side and take a few years before they are the next gisborne. remembering gisborne weren't the best when they first entered the comp. Castlemaine is in a rebuilding phase and will just be trying to bring young players through having not done much rectruiting so will prob be making up numbers but always capable of a suprise. Kangaroo flat have suposed to have recruited a few, but its still a long way to the top. havnt heard much of sandhurst, kyneton and maryborough????

JOHNNY G. : Sandhurst has got Zac Perez and Mark Fitgerald back from the WAFL but skipper Wayne Mitrovic has had his osteitis pubis complaint come back to haunt him. No certainty for Rd. 1.
Big Matt Keown should be fit tho for the start. Brad Comer has gone to Newbridge in the Loddon Valley.
At Kyneton, Matty Waters and Tom Tobin want to go to Heathcote, Wes Bell to Huntly and Dale Ciunik and John Clark to Woodend. They have knocked back the first clearance of David Leatch -- he wants to join Amateurs club Hoppers Crossing.
Kyneton was after Shannon Carroll from Abers in the EDFL. Wayne Eve is expected to be much fitter this season.
Maryboro got Ashley Noonan back from summer training with one of the Perth clubs in the WAFL, so he should be super fit. Jamie Bond will play home games for the Magpies and Joel Malone (21 years) has been named skipper.

Jock Clark 2 said:
JOHNNY G. : Sandhurst has got Zac Perez and Mark Fitgerald back from the WAFL but skipper Wayne Mitrovic has had his osteitis pubis complaint come back to haunt him. No certainty for Rd. 1.
Big Matt Keown should be fit tho for the start. Brad Comer has gone to Newbridge in the Loddon Valley.
At Kyneton, Matty Waters and Tom Tobin want to go to Heathcote, Wes Bell to Huntly and Dale Ciunik and John Clark to Woodend. They have knocked back the first clearance of David Leatch -- he wants to join Amateurs club Hoppers Crossing.
Kyneton was after Shannon Carroll from Abers in the EDFL. Wayne Eve is expected to be much fitter this season.
Maryboro got Ashley Noonan back from summer training with one of the Perth clubs in the WAFL, so he should be super fit. Jamie Bond will play home games for the Magpies and Joel Malone (21 years) has been named skipper.

Scerri at the Bombers will be a loss! Apparently played in the Essendon senior prac match on the weekend.

Wayne Weideman said:
heard yesterday that rochy and echuca would be playing the bfl pre season comp. what doles everyone think of this? it probably won't be taken to seriously but it will be interesting to see what the difference in the standard of football is.

Sorry for the late post, but the difference in standard whilst want mean much during the pre-season, echuca and rochy play in a division 1 comp, whilst bendigo is now division 3... Whilst a bloke like Nick Knight was a handy player in the GVFL, look out for him in the BDFL- young quick and skillfull! Forget all these names coming into the leuge from charlton, white hills or wherever, souths recruting of Knight is as big as any

Weapo said:
Scerri at the Bombers will be a loss! Apparently played in the Essendon senior prac match on the weekend.
He sure did, looked like a midget on the field, but he did get to kick it to Hirdy. Rat will definitly be missed at the tigers, their midfield just wont be the same

Johny Gastev said:
but i've heard knight is pretty soft and goes to water if he gets a a bit of a knock. Any truth to these rumours???

Whilst he may not run through blokes with the same agression of glenn archer, knighter always plays the footy regardless of the opposition... did hear he may be wearing a helmet this season to keep his face looking pretty for his new girlfreind

caveman said:
Gday mate,

The people that host the page sent me the following for you to try.

1. You may need to have your pop up blockers disabled

2. You may need to have cookies enabled in your browser (do this by
going to to Tools, then Internet Options in your browser)

3. It may be an issue to do with Norton Internet security. If you have
Norton Internet security, please let me know.

They tried the website and it worked for them as well. Let me know how you go! :thumbsu:

Had a bit of a mess around with the internet options and the pop ups aren't blocked. I do have Norton though so that may be the problem? Any ways around it? Cheers Caveman

Rhan said:
He sure did, looked like a midget on the field, but he did get to kick it to Hirdy. Rat will definitly be missed at the tigers, their midfield just wont be the same

Interesting Rhan, you obviously know Scerri well? Did you go down and watch? How did he go and is he in the mix to get a regular senior game for the Bendigo Bombers? Can you tell us anything else about how Kyneton are going?

whats the standard like in the bendigo league like? if n e one knows could u compare clubs in the dvfl to the bendigo league and how will kyneton go this yr?

Kyneton Have recruited the 'better' Leech brother (so they say) and also say captain Evey is fit and should play a good year. But with the losses of Shez, Ruffell, Orton and heaps others and no recruiting Kyneton looks to be on the down.Feeling sorry for coach Neville, its going to be a long year for poor Nev, son, and other Kyneton-ians.

south_hawk said:
I also know Rat, awesome guy. He really loved playing for Essendon and as a lifetime Dons supporter was thrilled to kick it to Hirdy!! although he couldn't hold a tackle to well and definitely was a midget....hope he doesn't read this........sorry shez! I know quite a few of the other recruits to bendigo this year and I would say Scerri would be in the mix for quite a few senior games. Also Jakey Matthews should be in the mix for a few ones appearances.

On the Kyneton front also know a few insiders and their year is going to be long and crap. Have recruited the 'better' Leech brother (so they say) and also say captain Evey is fit and should play a good year. But with the losses of Shez, Ruffell, Orton and heaps others and no recruiting Kyneton looks to be on the down.Feeling sorry for coach Neville, its going to be a long year for poor Nev, son, and other Kyneton-ians.

Not sure about feeling sorry for Nev. Left Maryborough in a pretty dire state and i think he does his best coaching through a chequebook. Definitely agree it's going to be a long year for the tigers, interesting to see how nev goes when the chips are down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back