VFL Game Day Bendigo v Casey, Windy Hill, 14/7/12

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wowee, what a choke. Before I flicked back to the AFL game I thought Skippy was making a non-regulation flag tilt. Perhaps not the case when you capitulate like that.

From what I saw, Kav looked solid again. Could be looked at seriously again.

My avatar's goal was nothing short of pure arse.

another 25 odd touch game from lee. 20 from browne.

Bendigo

Goal Kickers: M. Little 3, H. Hunter 2, B. Lee , J. Thompson , J. Merrett , J. Winderlich , H. Slattery , L. Dalgleish
Best Players H. Slattery, B. Lee, M. Little, J. Williams, H. Hunter, J. Winderlich

Casey Scorpions
Goal Kickers: J. Fitzpatrick 2, L. Williams 2, M. Gent 2, M. EVANS 2, J. Spencer , C. Morton , N. Page
Best Players: J. Spencer, B. Salton, M. Riseley, T. Davis, N. Jetta, B. Moloney

Lee has been named in the bests for every full game he's played for Bendigo bar one (p sure he didn't play the full game v Williamstown). So that's 7 out of 8...but he's never been the first named in the bests. He's been number two 6 of those times!

I would like to see Winderlich given a bit more time in the ressies just to get that confidence back in his body, and give him the time to get his body used to match conditions. What's he played now? 1 full game and 1 half last game? Another 1 or 2 full games for mine.

Hal Hunter is going to be one powerfully built man. He turns 19 today - and from the waist down he is built like a brick. Moves well and could be a real surprise packet if he can build the weight/strength while maintaining his agility and speed.

The wind in the last didn't not help. Set shots from 30 couldn't make the distance. It was really weird after 3rd time the wind really picked up and IMO had a massive influence. I know things like that shouldn't be an excuse because we played better all day bar the last 6 minutes of the second qtr and half way thru the last.

I only saw brief glimpses, but Pears looked good and would be a good inclusion if Jake gets done. I'd give Winders another couple of weeks in the twos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back