VFL Game Day Bendigo v Werribee, Saturday 23/6/12 | Bendigo 17.6.108 def. Werribee 8.15.63

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps I'm creating this a little early, but with another Essendon-less weekend (well, no match in Melbourne to go to at least), I think I might head down to watch this.

Anyone else going?

Been to the last two Bendigo games (Williamstown @ Windy Hill and Box Hill @ Box Hill) and I find it less stressful than watching Essendon and always good to see the next generation have a run around. Will probably make it a hat trick this week and head out afterwards for another dreaded Essendon performance in Perth.

Also been to the last two Melbourne games, but have to work sadly.

I love the atmosphere of VFL games and seeing the stars in the crowd, mingling with the kids and over-eager adults. Assuming Hibberd and Reimers are in Perth, hopefully Kav and Gumby can knock down the door.

Looking forward to this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I make an exception for Essendon-supporting rangas.

Rangas build premierships. Look no further than Moorcroft, Fletcher and Bewick.

There's a distinct lack of Rangosity in the current Essendon side.

The app on my phone (which uses BoM data) says a maximum of 13C with "a shower or two"...but it has a sunny symbol as well, so hopefully some periods of at least passable weather.

Team named for this Saturday:

B Baguley Steinberg Slattery

HB Collins Freezer Williams

C Ladson Colyer Stroobants

HF Lonergan Gumbleton Lee

F Merrett Putt Little

Int/followers (from): Peoples, Thompson, Huntley, Dalgleish, Shinners, Ross, O'Brien, Kavanagh, Maddern

I'm going to be keeping a watchful eye on Freezer for the rest of the year. Was handy in the second half of last year, and has been rock solid this year. I reckon he will get rookied for 2013, if not drafted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back