VFL Game Day Bendigo v Werribee, Saturday 23/6/12 | Bendigo 17.6.108 def. Werribee 8.15.63

Remove this Banner Ad

Werribee to have too much firepower. Werribee by 40 points.

They finished off very impressively last week in a way I haven't seen at Avalon since Pods roamed the square.

10.7 to 0.1 in the final quarter against the 3rd placed side and took over their place on the ladder.

5 wins on the trot. They're in form.

Team named for this Saturday:

B Baguley Steinberg Slattery

HB Collins Freezer Williams

C Ladson Colyer Stroobants

HF Lonergan Gumbleton Lee

F Merrett Putt Little

Int/followers (from): Peoples, Thompson, Huntley, Dalgleish, Shinners, Ross, O'Brien, Kavanagh, Maddern

Good to see NOB back.

Sandy's side however wasnt the strongest Ive seen it this season. You would expect werribee to also have a weaker team this week. A few of their key players from last week will surely be playing seniors or non playing emergencies. Both have strong spines, will be interesting if Bellchambers plays.

Is Lachie Hansen playing for Werribee?

We could get that Carey/Jackovich match up that tantatlised after the 2006 draft. :(

Sadly, Hansen has been named for the Kangaroos.

They have no sense of theatre !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to be keeping a watchful eye on Freezer for the rest of the year. Was handy in the second half of last year, and has been rock solid this year. I reckon he will get rookied for 2013, if not drafted.

Your gonna have to take a number champ!

I've been driving his bandwagon for over a year now.. Seriously hope that he gets a chance at the highest level, even if it's not with us, thoroughly deserves it IMO.

Good to see Obrien back. No Dyson or Bellchambers - obviously being managed for the run home which is good.

Good to see Obrien back. No Dyson or Bellchambers - obviously being managed for the run home which is good.
I think you will find Dyson has travelled with the seniors to Perth. Probably find either Lonergan and Colyer will as well perhaps. Clubs usually take 1-2 emergencies on the road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back