VFL Game Day Bendigo vs Williamstown, Windy Hill | Bendigo 122 def. Williamstown 103 | Gumby very good

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone heading down to this one? Was at my first VFL game two weeks ago and loved it, will be heading down to Windy Hill for the first time ever :)D) to watch the boys go at it.

Hard to predict what the team will be considering we don't know who's being dropped / rested.

Who's up for it?

Re: Bendigo vs Williamstown, Windy Hill, Saturday 2nd June, 1.10pm

I've never been to Windy Hill either - blasphemy. The Pies game was also the first time I've seen Bendigo and had a great day seeing two matches.

I might get along and cheer on Gumby again. :p

I've never been to Windy Hill either - blasphemy. The Pies game was also the first time I've seen Bendigo and had a great day seeing two matches.

I might get along and cheer on Gumby again. :p

ditto myself, all of the above.

would the start time indicate that ABC are going to televise the game? (they usually take the 1.10 game)
would be good to see gumby go around, its been a while

The Bendigo/Essendon double made for a great day of football a couple of weeks ago. I will definitely be looking to do it again tis weekend. Will be nice to kill an hour or so between games at the Windy Hill bar and TAB also.

The Bendigo/Essendon double made for a great day of football a couple of weeks ago. I will definitely be looking to do it again tis weekend. Will be nice to kill an hour or so between games at the Windy Hill bar and TAB also.

Was my first double dose of VFL/AFL, was brilliant!

Good thing is that Windy Hill isn't too far from Essendon station so I might be able to get on the sauce early...

Is there decent parking around Windy Hill or is public transport a better option?

Hitting the pub afterwards sounds like a good idea, too. :p

I have a thing on for my brother's birthday, otherwise I would have been there in a heartbeat. Lucky there are another two games at Windy Hill later in the year, I'll just have to go and watch one of those.

Is there decent parking around Windy Hill or is public transport a better option?

Most of the parking around there (from memory) is unlimited after about 1pm on a Saturday, so if you can find a spot...

Might be best to park at Essendon station, on a weekend you should be able to find something.

Taking the train or tram is a decent option too. The Royal is just down the road from Windy Hill for a post-game drink, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going for gumby, don't think I've ever wanted to see an essendon player succeed as badly as him before :D

Most of the parking around there (from memory) is unlimited after about 1pm on a Saturday, so if you can find a spot...

Might be best to park at Essendon station, on a weekend you should be able to find something.

Taking the train or tram is a decent option too. The Royal is just down the road from Windy Hill for a post-game drink, too.

JD11 - I'm with you. Seeing him succeed would be almost as good as knocking out the Blues in a knockout final - almost. :p

Re: Bendigo vs Williamstown, Windy Hill, Saturday 2nd June, 1.10pm | Will be televised

Pumped to see Gumby and Kav. Would be good to see Gumby play either 3/4s or a full game!

Kav is just a monster, lets hope he can back up his BOG from a fortnight ago.

The crowd for Windy Hill games is generally a lot bigger than what was at Vic Park the other week and since there is no clash with the seniors it should get a decent crowd. Parking is pretty limited close to the ground and is mostly taken up by players/officials who are there pretty early.

Re: Bendigo vs Williamstown, Windy Hill, Saturday 2nd June, 1.10pm | Will be televised

With the players we can expect to run out for Bendigo I am probably more interested in this game than the Essendon v Melbourne clash.

I assume Essendon is the closest station?

Certainly is my friend.

Walk down Russell St and across Mt Alexander Road. Napier St is right there, it's about a 5-10 minute walk.

Should probably also mention, all Essendon members get in for free.

Certainly is my friend.

Walk down Russell St and across Mt Alexander Road. Napier St is right there, it's about a 5-10 minute walk.

Should probably also mention, all Essendon members get in for free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back