Benefit

Remove this Banner Ad

big ears

Draftee
Oct 7, 2001
Home - if my wife lets me
Other Teams
Hawthorn
G'day. I am new to this board and want to ask a few questions.

I live in Sydney and was wondering what benefit a non-vic would get out of a Hawks membership? I would love to put my money behind the club but don't want to throw it away. What does a membership cost and is it worth it for someone in my position?

Well you can get a country membership which entitles you to entry to about 5 games (don't quote me on the exact number) and costs about half the price. That's from memory. It's for people who live outside Melbourne by say 120km Sydney well and truly covers that. You are a full member as far as voting etc. You can do what I did for the past 2 years and fly down occasionally and see a game. Although I got a full membership anyway. But if you do that you are not paying as much as a full Melbourne based membership.

Just checked what they sent out

Full $130
Country $80

If you get a discount card for $5 bucks you get 10% off KFC among other things and working opposite the KFC on the corner of George St and Bathurst that came in handy. Though make sure you get a NSW card not a Melbourne Card.

Mmm unless you can get to some games I'm not going to put the hard sell except to say if the club means enough to you but you don't want to buy something you will never fully use then get the country/interstate membership. It's a bit hard with the boys not playing up there this year. There are stickers and stuff like that in the kit as well.

Plus you get a warm inner glow knowing you are helping the best club in the land. One where the captain stops to offer lifts to supporters to the game. Crawf, you are a legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back