choppy

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2001
Not the Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
I see Big Jack is floating the idea of a merger. Rather than dismiss it out of hand we should look at the positives.

1 - We would get all there money to redevlop Arden St.

2 - We would have Kouta and probably find a spot for Lance and Ratten.

3 - We would not have to listen to the Carlton theme song again.

4 - No more home games at Optus we would play all our home games at the MCG.

5 - We wouldn't have to see a Carlton guernsey again. I suggest we compromise and put the Carlton logo on the front of the traditional blue and white stripes ala the Bears and Fitzroy.

6 - Big Jack would no longer be a club president.

7 - We would have more premierships than Essendon.

There are some disadvantages but I think the above reasons outweigh them.

Before Jack starts talking rubbish about a merger, he should have the decency to discuss it with the members first!
A merger want happen, but if by some chance it does they lose my membership and a lot of others.
This time Jack has really let his mouth work before his brain.

------------------
The BLUES. The Best in the Business.

Originally posted by Bee:
This time Jack has really let his mouth work before his brain.

and the other times he thought about what he was saying!!!!
eek.gif

With Big Jack playing a significant role we'd lose any developing playersw when he singles them out for daring to ask for more money. Roos and the Blues. You've got to be kidding.

I'm sorry but somebody has to say this.

SOMEBODY KILL JOHN F***ING ELLIOTT

before this stupid idea festers into something more than off-the-cuff remark.

I hope I spelt his name right, I'd hate to be responcible for the wrong John Elliott to be gunned down.

DEVO
A True (Royal) Blue Kangaroo
Never a Stupid Incepid Navy Blue

sorry sorry...I got a little to aggresive and angry there. The Carolyn Wilson photo is still haunting me.

I personally would hate to see John Elliott leave Carlton. I think it's fantastic to see an organism lower than a dog turd on the evolutionary scale in charge of such a high profile football club.

LONG LIVE JOHN ELLIOTT

Just forget about the merger.

------------------
Are We Not Men
We Are DEVO

No need to take John Elliot at all seriously. He's made an allegation about a conversation with a man who has passed away and cannot refute his comments. However, what we do know is that after the fiasco of the North-Fitzroy merger/takeover, Ron Casey was disillusioned with the idea of merging.

What Elliot's comments do make clear (and this is nothing that we didn't know already) is that it doesn't matter to him whose toes he steps on or whose reputations he tarnishes as long as he can get a cheap shot in.

The last comment to make, and this is probably why Elliot has made his remarks about Casey and the merger, is that Elliot knows that North came out of this far better than Carlton did. Carlton bought the shares for $150,000 over ten years ago, and now they've sold them for $150,000. In effect, it has been a free loan to North Melbourne. North knows it, he knows it, anyone with any financial knowledge knows it (which is why you won't be reading any USC articles on how Carlton lost out), and that fact would annoy the hell out of Elliot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back