Injury Bennell season done

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Cbf finding it but didn't Lyon say repeatedly all the way back in pre-season that Harley came in with problems with his calf and the club intended to take it slowly with him to take the "long term view?"

The template is McPharlin. Putting in the work early to sort a players soft tissue injuries for the long term.

If Harley isn't playing AFL games does he even get drug tested?

In response to your last question, yes, most certainly. Playing or not, all players are still tested.

leeloo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Delusional
AFL Club
Fremantle
Heard KB and Neil Balme discussing Bennell yesterday on SEN. Nothing interesting but did laugh when Balme muttered under his breath that if clubs don't ring Robbo directly about issues they must be hiding something.

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
But Slobbo said he was a junkie who was pretending to be injured to avoid testing??
Surely you aren't going to destroy my faith in Slobbo??
Wait what did he say? I dont watch 360 because those too guys are w***ers, but he didnt seriously say that about HB?

smokingjacket

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
In response to your last question, yes, most certainly. Playing or not, all players are still tested.

Ah fair call. I remember pre-Cousins it was pretty lax, most of the testing was gameday. If you were playing WAFL it was a different story.

Hopefully Rossy can get him in the box or get him in to a coaching course in the time off. Would be good for his leadership skills and I'm sure Peel could use a young indigenous coach down the track.

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hackdorn on PR at the minute is a **cking disgrace and Freo and Harley hopefully will sue his arse of. He should be banned from setting a foot anywhere near Freo .
Hackdorn is a renowned druggie. Probably off his chops on smack.

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Freo are covering up ,Bennell is a bust and will never play a game for Freo. I've switched stations to 720. A lot more measured on there.

Bennell is a bust because of injury, or a bust because of some behavioural issue? The former, though highly speculative, has at least some merit, the latter is just skulduggery.

Mr Peabody

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Freo are covering up ,Bennell is a bust and will never play a game for Freo. I've switched stations to 720. A lot more measured on there.
Not sure that you hung in long enough to hear them speak to Colin Young who reaffirmed it's a calf issue, he's going to the AIS in Canberra and is confident he will play again. That was before the speculation on Mayne leaving started at which point I joined you over on 720.

Edit: Highlight of the interview was Young stating that Cam McCarthy has to stay in WA and by the end of it specifically referring to the need to to get him to Freo which is a reflection that player and manager share good taste these days.

Last edited:
Bennell back in Pinjarra catching up with his mates over a few glass pipes.
Dockers are now not only wan kers with anchors but also Tankers with Anchors.
Hopefully Fyfe breaks both his legs next year and Bennell ends up in jail next to Dayle Garlett.
Freo should open a wooden spoon shop
Goodbye.

Your first post and it was spectacularly bad. And it will be your last.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Bennell back in Pinjarra catching up with his mates over a few glass pipes.
Dockers are now not only wan kers with anchors but also Tankers with Anchors.
Hopefully Fyfe breaks both his legs next year and Bennell ends up in jail next to Dayle Garlett.
Freo should open a wooden spoon shop
images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back