Rumour Benny Gale

Remove this Banner Ad

If Gale leaves we will be in a world of hurt.
We need stability not more departures
That is true...but what it also does do is breed opportunity...life's/clubs up and down life cycles...can never stay at the top without the inevitable decline...
If we have been left in as good as position, club wise, as all are saying at RFC...then we as a Club know internally what is required to do to rise again!
And hopefully this time we will all do it smarter and wiser and hopefully quicker!
A Club with continuous yearly 100,000 members is a hungry giant and a formidable one and gives us a head start in attracting the best personnel in the land!
Team first...Dimma's/Gale's/Peggy's/Balmey's combined legacy...will have set the foundations in place and remain as guidelines and hopefully will be the new Admin's mantra and focus...not on individuals seeking personal advancement and/or brown paper bag champions!
We shall all see...cos many will want to see us fail...our history shows we are the biggest and best AFL Club in the land...that alone breeds jealousy/resentment and can only make us stronger in seeking and regaining our rightful position at the top of the AFL Ladder!! Go Tigers eat them alive!
(Ahhh Rancey!)

Last edited:

The big fella sounded pretty up beat on Sunrise this morning as did Balmey on RSN
I heard the big fella on Sunrise and my takeaway was that when he was asked whether he thought the soft cap should be increased, that he gave an "AFL non answer" rather than a "RFC answer of yes".
Was a bit disappointed in this. As a strong and financial club, we should be able to spend more than the minnows to get some sort of advantage and Benny works for the RFC so should b pushing our agenda, not the AFL diplomatic agenda.

Right now I feel sorry for Hopper and Taranto they were sold a pipe dream and it's all turning bad.
I can't imagine how they both feel right now.
They've come to a professionally run club with huge crowds playing at the 'G on good wages with long term contracts and still have as much chance at winning a flag with us as they did with GWS.

Why are we feeling sorry for them, its them that need to make sure they lead the club to our next era of success.

Right now I feel sorry for Hopper and Taranto they were sold a pipe dream and it's all turning bad.
I can't imagine how they both feel right now.

Some would see this as a negative, some a positive. I would suggest a true Richmond man would wish Dimma all the best, thank him for his investment, and then get back to work improving themselves and the team.

I think Gale is a man of his word , I also think he would know the boys club exits and unless the top dog where he could influence change he would be hesitant to join the AFL .
The fact it is well known he was the clubs choice for ceo provides him with great and probably the greatest influence within his current role at club level .
In saying that Benny did seem very deflated at yesterday’s press conference .
Its hard to know what to take away from his persona, but man he seemed crushed and incredibly sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt he’s grieving, everyone’s grieving (supporters too) it’s an end of an era .
Absolutely. He’d be gutted as much if not more then the rest of us

Agree gents, but everyone else kept it together somewhat, he was so visibly distraught.

Good article on ESPN where he has pretty much said he wants to find the next Dimma for the club.

But Gale, the former Tigers star who became club CEO in 2009, said at Hardwick's retirement media conference on Tuesday that he wants to oversee what comes next.

"We want to find the next Damien Hardwick," he said.

"We think we're a pretty attractive proposition - we're a strong club with a strong culture.

"I'm committed to this next chapter of Richmond ... this is my focus.""

I hope this is true, he is more important than Dimma and Cotchin for the club going forward.

Why would gale leave richmond only to be second in charge at the afl??
Surely he would only have left if he got the top job
To much work to do at richmond
Tassie still up in the air

well if he ever wants to be AFL CEO he probably knows he has to do that position or something similar at AFL house first or they will never let him.
that role also gets to dictate the entire game unchecked so maybe that interests him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back