Personal Experience Berenstein/Berenstain Bears evidence of parallel universes

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah

I have specific memories that are vivid and real to do with this quote, some from this year like when I worked with the armourer who made the knife for Hogan and worked on all three movies with him, owns the patent, etc. We said the quote together and it was undoubtedly 'this is a knife'.

This isn't just a 'oops, got it wrong', again, like a lot of stuff in this thread I admit to, super strong memories to do with situations regarding the exact phrasing. I would have put everything I owned on it.

This is bizarre, and blowing my mind in the worst way.

I think I could be insane, I remember things that must have never happened.

Don't stress dude. This Mandela Effect is a real thing. You expect it to be "This is a knife." because linguistically, that is more correct and reasonable. But it never was.

ME thus is.....is it mere false memories or is there some other wild explanation?

Applying (the simplified form of) Occam's Razor. We could use it as evidence of one of many multiverses bleeding into our own, or we could assume peoples' memories are not infallible. No guesses as to which I support.

And if it is the former, why the simple "this/that" dichotomy? Why not more differences as other realities bleed in? Why not instead of "That's not a knife." - "You call that a knife?"

I have another personal example of the ME. In Return of the Jedi, just after the famous "It's a trap!" line (or was it "That's a trap!"? LOL) the attacking ships all scatter to avoid the shields. I have a strong memory of seeing two X-Wings not make it in time and explode. I have since been convinced that this scene was never filmed and doesn't exist. But my memory of it is very real. To me.

Applying (the simplified form of) Occam's Razor. We could use it as evidence of one of many multiverses bleeding into our own, or we could assume peoples' memories are not infallible. No guesses as to which I support.

And if it is the former, why the simple "this/that" dichotomy? Why not more differences as other realities bleed in? Why not instead of "That's not a knife." - "You call that a knife?"

I have another personal example of the ME. In Return of the Jedi, just after the famous "It's a trap!" line (or was it "That's a trap!"? LOL) the attacking ships all scatter to avoid the shields. I have a strong memory of seeing two X-Wings not make it in time and explode. I have since been convinced that this scene was never filmed and doesn't exist. But my memory of it is very real. To me.
When theres thousands of people remembering something a certain other way, then it becomes more than just mere errant memory.

Don't stress dude. This Mandela Effect is a real thing. You expect it to be "This is a knife." because linguistically, that is more correct and reasonable. But it never was.
No, as I said it's more than that.

Events related specifically to discussing and reading about the phrasing of the quote, people getting it wrong, backed up with the clip from the film, and from the actors mouth in interview.

Things I am 100% happened in my life.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

From a film writing perspective, 'thats a knife' is better as it goes better with the previous line, the phrasing matches.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Ok a serious one.

Am I the only one that clearly remembers Tim Kelly winning a Brownlow at Geelong (I think in 2019)? I can even picture him holding it next to his face in a photo that was in the news the next day.

Another interesting ME i saw a few weeks ago, there was a famous Vine meme some years ago.... Girl walks by a guy and says out loud.... and they were roommates... the guy responds out loud..... oh god they were roommates.

Apparently, originally, the guy says his line with much more emotion, especially the oh god part, exasperated.

But now, he says it all flat, monotone, almost whispering.

It’s definitely “That’s a knife”

I reckon, for me anyway,The Simpsons made me think it should be “This is a Knife” because of the Knifey Spooney, and the Aussie dude saying “This is a Knife” I saw it on the The Simpsons before I ever actually watched Croc Dundee (I’ve actually never watched the whole movie, was trash) but I’ve seen that scene many times on many different things, and it’s 100% “Thats a Knife” because I remember the first time I saw it thinking, wow, it’s not actually “This” he says “That” and it makes way less sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok a serious one.

Am I the only one that clearly remembers Tim Kelly winning a Brownlow at Geelong (I think in 2019)? I can even picture him holding it next to his face in a photo that was in the news the next day.
Yeah what the hell was that? I can picture it now as well. Maybe it was a photoshop or something? Just having a look now, he did win best young player and also best first year player, but I can't find any pictures of him with a medal. I can honestly remember something though.

Yeah Tim Kelly never won a brownlow. Imagine the s**t storm during trade week as if it wasn't bad enough

Yeah what the hell was that? I can picture it now as well. Maybe it was a photoshop or something? Just having a look now, he did win best young player and also best first year player, but I can't find any pictures of him with a medal. I can honestly remember something though.

Let me ask this then.

In the picture, do you see Tim Kelly's face on the right or left (as you are looking at the picture)? I reckon that at least will determine if its likely we are thinking of the same picture. There must be some sort of explanation for this but I couldn't find anything like it using the image search.

Tim Kelly didn't win the Brownlow what are you all on?

Tim Kelly didn't win the Brownlow what are you all on?

I can’t even recall hearing ‘Tim Kelly’ and ‘Brownlow’ in the same sentence until this thread.

To repeat myself, I have specific memories and experiences of discussing people getting the quote from Crocodile Dundee wrong, even this year with someone involved in the production of the movie.

That's what is doing my head in of it can't just be me getting something wrong.

Apparently I am insane.

That's bizarre as now you mention it I have that memory too
Yeah there is definitely something to this one. I can't shake the image of him holding the medal.

The theory I have is that when the discussions first started about him leaving, it was at a time when he was in the running for the Brownlow so the two got linked. Then at some point a photoshopped picture was released as a "what if" for him winning.

But ugh the more I think about it I literally remember him being up on the stage haha...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back