m38BnVQ.gif
I saw that lady first hand at AO.

What a unit.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe. But the trend across the industry is to sign contracts that gets you to free agency.

But it seems as if Collingwood under Ned Guy is looking for shorter contracts - 2 years max. Maybe the days of 4 - 5 year contracts are going with club worried about the impact of long terms contracts (injuries, form etc)

Good move by Ned in my view.
Well if this is the trend, what will we offer Lynch? Interesting....

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
The shorter term deal for 23 years old will be the norm as player managers will want their players coming out of contract as they hit free agency.

Particularly a player such as Scharenberg who has only really scratched the surface of his capability as a player. You wouldn't want to sign a long term deal based on where he is at now as a player, because he could be worth a lot more in 2 years.

Although it is hard for clubs to continually face the challenge of free agency, it is also a risk to players. Scharenberg has had major injuries, and another major injury to him now would significantly diminish his value. But he is still young enough to overcome any hurdles.

Either way, it is great news as this club can achieve something in the next 2 years and he'll be a key part of it. If we continue to improve, then players will keep signing on.

Bored_Pie

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe. But the trend across the industry is to sign contracts that gets you to free agency.

But it seems as if Collingwood under Ned Guy is looking for shorter contracts - 2 years max. Maybe the days of 4 - 5 year contracts are going with club worried about the impact of long terms contracts (injuries, form etc)

Good move by Ned in my view.
It's smart. You only give out long term deals too genuine A graders or players you defiantly know will be A grade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
COLLINGWOOD
I saw that lady first hand at AO.

What a unit.
That lady found my wallet I dropped at a game as a kid in 1990. I stayed friendly with her when I saw her at matches... And when we made the GF that year she organised for me and a mate front row seats to see the drought breaking and greatest Premiership. I don't think she has missed a Woods game since the 60's. ... She is also immortalised in the photo displays at Victoria Park as a young 20 something sleeping outside the MCG for ticket to the 1970 GF.

Last edited:

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well if this is the trend, what will we offer Lynch? Interesting....

There will be exceptions to every rule of course and should we chase Lynch as hard as some are suggesting then of course we will offer a long term deal.

Personally not convinced about Lynch but that’s for another thread.

Just wrapt we locked Berg away

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

That lady found my wallet I dropped at a game as a kid in 1990. I stayed friendly with her when I saw her at matches... And when we made the GF that year she organised for me and a mate front row seats to see the drought breaking and greatest Premiership. I don't think she has missed a Woods game since the 60's. ... She is also immortalised in the photo displays at Victoria Park as a young 20 something sleeping outside the MCG for ticket to the 1970 GF.
She harassed the Adelaide fan in front of me non stop for a quarter, accusing him of saying things he clearly didnt say, wouldn't let it go, the poor bloke was losing his mind trying to get her to not say anything. Then she started getting up in his grill when we got well on top.

If he wasn't a mild mannered bloke (I was talking to him throughout, nice guy, bit of a D&D vibe about him though) he would have been well justified for losing his s**t.

Her behavior was very poor.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
And he’s the real deal.

Clement awakes....

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
COLLINGWOOD
She harassed the Adelaide fan in front of me non stop for a quarter, accusing him of saying things he clearly didnt say, wouldn't let it go, the poor bloke was losing his mind trying to get her to not say anything. Then she started getting up in his grill when we got well on top.

If he wasn't a mild mannered bloke (I was talking to him throughout, nice guy, bit of a D&D vibe about him though) he would have been well justified for losing his s**t.

Her behavior was very poor.

Yeah I guess after seeing live 66, 70, 77, 77R 80 & 81 ( + 02, 03 & 11) it can make a lasting impression on you, leaving you quite bitter towards opposition supporters.

Although I should add that when Rich, Foots, & Fitz went broke she was the person who organised rallies and fundraising events to help keep them alive.

I haven't run into her in a few years but I would be surprised if she wasn't a member of this forum. She lives & breaths Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back