Berry on Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets be honest we all know why he got let off "Finals freedom".. Berry *ed up - all this bullshit about he was about to die from asphyxiation is laughable - the fact a medical professional tried to be serious and state it as a defence was hilarious. Almost as good as the 'medical experts' that were part of the Amber Heard trial that get paid a fat $ to support whatever side is paying them. He should not have scrapped Olivers face - whether he went for the eyes or not. Wrestling on the ground is a part of football and happens every week - these guys are more than capable of sorting it out without the face raking.

Lets be honest the only reason Berry was charged is because Brad Scott was doing a favour for his brother.

Berry was the victim. 6 years ago Lake got 4 weeks for pinning down and choking Goldstein and Goldstein got 0 weeks for actually eye gouging Lake when trying to get him to stop.

Oliver had zero marks on his face. Lake had scratches around his eyes.

Rubbish. You don’t have to be about to die to feel you are trapped under someone in a fight, even if only momuntarily. It doesn’t come with a forewarning of exactly how long you will be trapped for either so you have no realistic sensible choice but to fight to get the campaigner off you. I could as easily say you are acting like he should lie there and take it passively.
Your acting like these aren't AFL players and this is the first time the blokes ever been in a wrestle... Your telling me that if he stopped trying to face scratch Oliver and instead accepted he was losing the wrestle that Oliver would suddenly decide to strangle him to death.

Your acting like these aren't AFL players and this is the first time the blokes ever been in a wrestle... Your telling me that if he stopped trying to face scratch Oliver and instead accepted he was losing the wrestle that Oliver would suddenly decide to strangle him to death.

Youre acting like you are worried about Friday night.

Full strength Lions team scary, eh ?

So the umpire misses the too high arm across Berry's throat and the MRO miss Oliver getting reported for a wrestle which he started for no reason other than cracking the sads because he got tackled. How good are these guys going?
Wasn't across his throat at all - was on his chin/face and it was the soft part of Olivers forearm. Berry just got mad he was on the losing end of a wrestling match to a ginger. This whole made up theory about Berry not being able to breath and fighting for his air supply is the biggest load of horse s**t I have ever read. It was a standard AFL wrestle between two midfielders and the guy on the losing end lost his s**t and thought scraping the players face would be a good idea instead of accepting he had lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets be honest the only reason Berry was charged is because Brad Scott was doing a favour for his brother.

Berry was the victim. 6 years ago Lake got 4 weeks for pinning down and choking Goldstein and Goldstein got 0 weeks for actually eye gouging Lake when trying to get him to stop.

HairyO is turning in to a Richmond supporter. "Doing a favour for his brother" classic Tigerish

HairyO is turning in to a Richmond supporter. "Doing a favour for his brother" classic Tigerish

Your explanation as to why Brad Scott signed off on Berry being charged and Oliver not being charged?

Oliver clearly the instigator so he should have been charged with wrestling. But that would have allowed Berry to play the victim card too easily.

So why did Scott do what he did ?

Your explanation as to why Brad Scott signed off on Berry being charged and Oliver not being charged?

Oliver clearly the instigator so he should have been charged with wrestling. But that would have allowed Berry to play the victim card too easily.

So why did Scott do what he did ?
incompetence. It happens every week, there is no conspiracy.

It was Petrie

Lets be honest we all know why he got let off "Finals freedom".. Berry *ed up - all this bullshit about he was about to die from asphyxiation is laughable - the fact a medical professional tried to be serious and state it as a defence was hilarious. Almost as good as the 'medical experts' that were part of the Amber Heard trial that get paid a fat $ to support whatever side is paying them. He should not have scrapped Olivers face - whether he went for the eyes or not. Wrestling on the ground is a part of football and happens every week - these guys are more than capable of sorting it out without the face raking.
Lol, I'd like to see what you would do if a guy the size and weight of oliver was on top of you with his arm on your neck/throat.

What are you going to do - ask him politely to get off you?

Let's face it, if the umpire correctly pays a free to berry none of this happens and berry wouldnt be forced into a position where he has to defend himself from an attack

But he didn't say that Berry was suffering from hypoxia, he said obstruction of an airway from an arm across the throat can cause hypoxia hence eliciting a flailing response, which is not untrue in my medicle opinion.
It can cause hypoxia he is not lying about that, but it is simply an exaggeration for a case study like that one. in no shape or form was Berry close to experiencing hypoxia in that incident. Was he even experiencing dyspnoea?

if i fall over, there is also a chance i may fracture my fibula, but that is also not very likely unless there is excessive duress or stress applied. I am not saying he is wrong, it is just exaggerated to help get Berry off.

Good on him, I think it is better when both teams are full strength for finals.

Finals freedom. I like that one. And it’s spot on. Berry was getting beaten in a wrestle, couldn’t handle it, and resorted to face raking (scratching). He should’ve cop weeks. He went for the eyes. It’s disgraceful, sets a terrible precedent.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back