Berry on Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

It was Petrie

Ah yes it was. Tall goofy footballer. But the point stands. Lake went the choke and he got 4 weeks, and Petrie actually gouged Lake and did damage around his eyes and was let off because Lake was found 100% responsible for what happened.

Oliver should have been held responsible.

Finals freedom. I like that one. And it’s spot on. Berry was getting beaten in a wrestle, couldn’t handle it, and resorted to face raking (scratching). He should’ve cop weeks. He went for the eyes. It’s disgraceful, sets a terrible precedent.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cant wait until players like Oliver get a week for sulking.

That's simply not plausible. This isnt incompetence. It was deliberate. The only question is why.

Maybe the VIC media. Maybe Gil meddling because he wants 1 VIC team and 1 non-VIC team in the GF (assumes Sydney win). But it wasnt incompetence.
It's just an opinion of one man that others here also share. The incompetence lies in the inconsistency in how it's applied. That could be for a number of reasons but a conscience conspiracy to favour one team over the other isn't one of them.

Finals freedom. I like that one. And it’s spot on. Berry was getting beaten in a wrestle, couldn’t handle it, and resorted to face raking (scratching). He should’ve cop weeks. He went for the eyes. It’s disgraceful, sets a terrible precedent.

Only reason Oliver instigated that wrestle is because Berry was on his back in a vulnerable position. Didn’t see him do s**t when Berry could actually defend himself.

If you wanna pin a guy to the ground and drive your elbow into his neck/jaw, then you have to be willing to accept whatever he does to you to escape it.

Anyone who has had this done to them will understand. It hurts like a mf and most people will kick, bite, scratch, whatever it takes in order to make it stop.

Interesting take considering that Oliver waited until Berry was underneath him to attack him.....and then had the audacity to cry to the Umps.

So Berry is free to play in the prelim. Why are posters still continuing their little s**t fights in this thread then?
Because people are mad that the opinions they formed from what the commentators told them to think were wrong.

Have you tried watching the vision in real-time or just the slowed down frame-by-frame vision. It's the same motion with his hand that he did half a second later to grab his jumper. Just about every other eye gouge suspension has come with the player on top and a clear eye gouge that can be seen in real-time.

Sanity prevails thankfully. Oliver should have been in more danger of a suspension than Berry for that incident. Has been a real treat reading all the Geelong posters in this thread, amazing how they saw the incident differently from almost everyone else 😳

Lol, I'd like to see what you would do if a guy the size and weight of oliver was on top of you with his arm on your neck/throat.

What are you going to do - ask him politely to get off you?

Let's face it, if the umpire correctly pays a free to berry none of this happens and berry wouldnt be forced into a position where he has to defend himself from an attack
Dude you are acting as if Berry is a 5ft5 scrawny kid.. He's an AFL midfielder with muscles just as big as anyone else on the field. Stop referencing the neck/throat because thats complete horse s**t - Olivers arm was never on his neck OR throat. It was across his chin which has no bearing on his ability to breath. It also lasted about 2-3 seconds - the reality is he was pissed that he ended up on the bottom of the wrestling match and used shitty tactics to end it instead of just accepting he had lost and moved on with the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude you are acting as if Berry is a 5ft5 scrawny kid.. He's an AFL midfielder with muscles just as big as anyone else on the field. Stop referencing the neck/throat because thats complete horse s**t - Olivers arm was never on his neck OR throat. It was across his chin which has no bearing on his ability to breath. It also lasted about 2-3 seconds - the reality is he was pissed that he ended up on the bottom of the wrestling match and used shitty tactics to end it instead of just accepting he had lost and moved on with the game.
Okay, then explain how Jeremy Cameron got off in round 15? He was even looking directly at Pickett...Just about everyone thinks it was correct that Berry got off in the tribunal except for some low IQ individuals.

Last edited:
You keep repeating this, but it's just categorically not correct.
It is categorically correct - not my fault people can't tell the difference between the face and the neck/throat. You are seeing what you want to see. Some blokes in here could do a decent job of convincing others the world is flat - I'll wait for the screenshot showing Oliver choking Berrys neck.

Lol. I'm going to use the never argue with an idiot response for this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back