List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I think we're a fair way off making finals even if our injury and depth problems improved overnight. We have had zero continuity with our playing group in almost 6 years with constant chopping and changing of personnel, there is an absolute lack of confidence that has permeated the group, we lack experience, hardness, skill, Gaz is on the decline - this mob have been brainwashed since McKenna's days that they were going to play finals - they're living in la la land. I can't see us playing finals until 2019 at the earliest, 2018 maybe if we miraculously solve all of our issues over the offseason but I just can't see that happening. The mental scarring from the past few weeks floggings will be hard to remove.

From last Saturday's team I'd have May, Thompson, Jaeger, Swallow, Rischitelli as definite ins.
McKenzie, Hallahan, Rosa, Sexton ins only because they're in our best 22 with the current list.
Wright, Garlett as future best 22.

Out of the top 6-8 teams, who would have a spot for Harbs, Malceski, Shaw, Lemmens, Schade, Nicholls, Brooksby? 5 of those were our backline on Saturday.....
We need the majority of that list available at the same time after the bye, win games, play well against contenders. Otherwise players could be lining up to leave.

Fiorini is already best 22 for me!!
Ball magnet with elite skills.

Already ahead of half our top 22

We need to get this kid into the team by the end of the year.

His class stands out like beacon in that NEAFL team. TBH I am basing that on just the 1st quarter of the NT Thunder game where oozed class compared to all other players.

We need to get this kid into the team by the end of the year.

His class stands out like beacon in that NEAFL team. TBH I am basing that on just the 1st quarter of the NT Thunder game where oozed class compared to all other players.
His body concerns me a bit. I'd ideally like him to be physically ready before a promotion to the seniors... but hey that's never stopped us before.

Getting in early for my best 22 come rd 1 in 2017

Saad Leslie May
Martin Thompson Harbrow
KK O'Meara Rosa
Ablett Lynch Hall
Day Wright Ah Chee

Nicholls Swallow Prestia

Inter: Miller Lonergan Sexton McKenzie

Emg: Malceski Bowes Fiorini

Davis Scheer Garlett Currie Hallahan McPherson Joyce Lemmens McKenzie Brooksby Schoenfeld Rischatelli Grant + 3 new players/draftees

Out: Stanley, Shaw, Matera, Tape, Russell, Cameron, Schade

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saad Leslie May
Martin Thompson Harbrow
KK O'Meara Rosa
Ablett Lynch Hall
Day Wright Ah Chee

Nicholls Swallow Prestia

Davis Scheer Garlett Currie Matera Hallahan McPherson Joyce Lemmens McKenzie Brooksby Schoenfeld Rischatelli Grant + 3 new players/draftees

Thank god your not our list manager haha it's like Blueys back playing his favourite again

Saad Leslie May
Martin Thompson Harbrow
KK O'Meara Rosa
Ablett Lynch Hall
Day Wright Ah Chee

Nicholls Swallow Prestia

Davis Scheer Garlett Currie Matera Hallahan McPherson Joyce Lemmens McKenzie Brooksby Schoenfeld Rischatelli Grant + 3 new players/draftees

I think that looks fine tbh. I don't want to be throwing newly drafted players straight to the wolves.

Saad Leslie May
Martin Thompson Harbrow
KK O'Meara Rosa
Ablett Lynch Hall
Day Wright Ah Chee

Nicholls Swallow Prestia

Davis Scheer Garlett Currie Hallahan McPherson Joyce Lemmens McKenzie Brooksby Schoenfeld Rischatelli Grant + 3 new players/draftees

I like it OB, I especially like how you named Mckenzie Willis just by his first name... Just like Michael Jordan is referred too as "Michael".
Not sure what old mate is on about either, it looks to me that you have delisted most of Bluey's favourites. ..
The only thing I will say is we are a touch top heavy.... I hope we can get Ainsworth to maybe play in a pocket...

I like it OB, I especially like how you named Mckenzie Willis just by his first name... Just like Michael Jordan is referred too as "Michael".
Not sure what old mate is on about either, it looks to me that you have delisted most of Bluey's favourites. ..
The only thing I will say is we are a touch top heavy.... I hope we can get Ainsworth to maybe play in a pocket...
Trent McKenzie rather than Willis, maybe?

Yeah but there is two Mckenzie's and no Willis.. One of them has to be the great Taswegian... help us out OB

Apologies for the confusion - mentally whenever I see McKenzie Willis I just think McKenzie, whenever I see Trent McKenzie I think McKenzie, confusing...

I had Trent McKenzie on the bench and McKenzie Willis as a reserve. My reasoning being if they are going to keep him on the list for next year they would want to be playing him. If you don't put Leslie in the side he would slot straight in the back pocket next to May.

That best 22 does show that we have a talls squeeze and need to sort something out.
Leslie, Rory, May, Day, 2MP, Lynch all play as kpp.
Plus a full time ruck in Nicholls.

One too many for mine. If Maysie plays as a 3rd tall defender (which I think he can), then Day should drop out of forward line. 5 talls is enough and one has to go to the NEAFL.

Tbh, on 2016 form, KK should be a reserve. Should only be an early career dip, his illness has knocked him around, and we should expect him to bounce back. Was excellent last year, but with a full list he does not get a game atm. Jack and Harbrow have already taken his HB spot in the team above.

That best 22 does show that we have a talls squeeze and need to sort something out.
Leslie, Rory, May, Day, 2MP, Lynch all play as kpp.
Plus a full time ruck in Nicholls.

One too many for mine. If Maysie plays as a 3rd tall defender (which I think he can), then Day should drop out of forward line. 5 talls is enough and one has to go to the NEAFL.

Tbh, on 2016 form, KK should be a reserve. Should only be an early career dip, his illness has knocked him around, and we should expect him to bounce back. Was excellent last year, but with a full list he does not get a game atm. Jack and Harbrow have already taken his HB spot in the team above.

Agree that my team is top heavy - just really like the look of Leslie and feel Day deserves a spot even if it upsets team balance.

Day's best spot is key defender but that is the only spots that Thompson and Leslie can play.

Like you said May playing 3rd tall defender is the difference between 2 of Day, Leslie and Thompson not getting a game and just 1 of them missing out. Maybe that allows for Bowes to come into the team given his versatility to play wing, forward or back.

Given our injury history we should just try and keep all of them. Unfortunately for Day he will forever be the player who will need to swing between forward and defence depending on which tall is injured at the time as he is the most versatile.

On 2016 form KK would be starting in the NEAFL in 2017 but you would have to think he would be getting back somewhere close to 2015 form assuming an uninterrupted pre-season.

Time to stop making excuses of who is not playing and develop the entire list.

If Ablett, Rischa, Swallow, JOM and Swallow are not available next year (or part there of) then the constant excuses of why the GCS keep losing continue.

I keep harping back to the Hawks model and their replace 1 soldier with another.

I know it is near impossible to replace "champions" but it is a brutal contact sport and players continually are injured or out of form.

My question is when have the GCS had their "best" 22 on the park. From Bock to Ablett it never happens!

Time to stop making excuses of who is not playing and develop the entire list.

If Ablett, Rischa, Swallow, JOM and Swallow are not available next year (or part there of) then the constant excuses of why the GCS keep losing continue.

I keep harping back to the Hawks model and their replace 1 soldier with another.

I know it is near impossible to replace "champions" but it is a brutal contact sport and players continually are injured or out of form.

My question is when have the GCS had their "best" 22 on the park. From Bock to Ablett it never happens!

I would be happy if we just had 22 of our best 27 players on the park like the last couple of weeks.

We have been lucky to have to have 22 of our best 33/34 players for most of the last couple of years.

The last time the Hawks had such injury concerns they didn't make the finals in 2009 after winning the premiership. Injuries are a reality even for the best sides.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2009-04-24/hawthorn-hit-hard-on-injury-ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back