Best 22 2017

drama5

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2009
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
And yeah unfortunately don't see palmer as anything more than a backup option. He played his role at the club well though so good on him

drama5

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2009
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I may or may not have been taking the piss :)

Haha a poor mans bam bam who costs more than Kennedy and took a higher investment lol that would be the reason that particular person is poor :p

But in all seriousness hopper will be a gun as will Kennedy. GWS are scary with all talent they have. I have a man crush on Dylan Shiel if we have to pick one

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Incredibly strong squad but still with a lack of experience if you examine the overall squad not that I think the club needs to recruit experience as the players are starting to gel and with Pattons end to the season i can see a few big scores being put up and also with a settled defence looking forward to next season being better
I will look at a best 22 once all the trades are done as a surprise or 2 could still occur

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
The team we traded/gave away (that are still on lists)....

Plowman [Marchbank]. Frost
Bugg Hombsch. Hampton

Adams. Treloar. Miles
Phillips. Steele Tyson

Jaksch. Boyd. Bruce
Lamb. [Stewart]. Sumner

Int: Townsend Whiley Giles O'Rourke

Not a lot of outside speed there - and pretty tall too.

Last edited:

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Here's my thoughts.

FB H. Shaw Davis Z. Williams
HB A. Kennedy Himmelberg Haynes
C Whitfield Ward J. Kelly
HF Greene Patton S. Johnson
FF Lobb Cameron D. Smith
R Mumford Coniglio Shiel
Int Scully Hopper M. Kennedy Buntine

I think Hopper, M. Kennedy and Himmelberg were very impressive in their opportunities this year and we must give them regular games next year. Assuming a good injury run that will create a crunch for positions.

Notable absentees:
Griffen - has struggled to recapture his Bulldogs form and we need to give opportunity to younger players. Will still play some games at times health permitting. If I'm wrong and he has a great preseason & looks back to his best then absolutely lock him in, probably at the expense of M. Kennedy.
N. Wilson - I don't trust his defensive effort, by comparision love the doggedness of A. Kennedy
Palmer, Reid - nice backup
Tomlinson - I don't trust his defensive talent, and Himmelberg was super impressive in his exposure so far
Hoskin-Elliot - assume he will be traded. Even if not, hard to see him finding a spot.
Corr - key defender spots are scarce, and Himmelberg was super impressive in his exposure so far

Raymann

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
SHAW DAVIS CORR
WILLIAMS HAYNES WILSON
WHITFIELD KELLY SCULLY
GREENE CAMERON STEVE J
LOBB PATTON SMITH

MUMFORD WARD COGS

SHEIL,GRIFFEN,PICK 2, BUNTINE OR TOMLINSON OR HIMMELBERG

• Kelly needs to start playing as a starting mid
  • Still not sold on Hopper & M Kennedy, but they will get games.
  • A Kennedy is depth
  • Palmer & Reid play we will have lots of injuries
  • Expect a couple of New Zone boys to play some games
  • We really only have 26 guys AFL ready with a couple of zone boys.

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Heater, Davis, Zac
Haynes, Tommo, Wilson
Whitfield, Ward, Kelly
StevieJ, Jezza, Smith
Lobb, Patton, Greene

Mummy, Cogs, Shiel

Scully, Griffen, Hopper/BamBam/Draftee mid, Corr/Bunts/Adam Kennedy/HH

Wouldnt might seeing Himelberg getting developed as a swing man this year. Fwd depth is getting thin and there could be games if SJ needs resting or injuries happen. If WHE goes the cupboard will be getting bare at that end.

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Heater, Davis, Zac
Haynes, Tommo, Wilson
Whitfield, Ward, Kelly
StevieJ, Jezza, Smith
Lobb, Patton, Greene

Mummy, Cogs, Shiel

Scully, Griffen, Hopper/BamBam/Draftee mid, Corr/Bunts/Adam Kennedy/HH

Wouldnt might seeing Himelberg getting developed as a swing man this year. Fwd depth is getting thin and there could be games if SJ needs resting or injuries happen. If WHE goes the cupboard will be getting bare at that end.

Forward depth is getting thin?

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Forward depth is getting thin?
I guess we aren't as deep for tall forwards as the club would have planned to be?
We had a good run with injuries last year, particularly among the forwards. Fingers crossed that continues but there isn't a lot of depth.

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
I guess we aren't as deep for tall forwards as the club would have planned to be?
We had a good run with injuries last year, particularly among the forwards. Fingers crossed that continues but there isn't a lot of depth.

Maybe, but plenty of fans of other clubs would look at our forward 6, and be wishing they had something as strong.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Maybe, but plenty of fans of other clubs would look at our forward 6, and be wishing they had something as strong.
Of course.
Not suggesting we are weak up front. I saw the possibility of Himmelburg filling either role interesting though. Did he not play his junior footy as a forward? I cant quote a source seem to recall something. I can see that flexibility could be useful, I think it's typical of player development to give talls some time at the other end.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies

HH, Tomo and TOJ all played most of the junior footy/were recruited as forwards but were later swung back by the club into defence. All can go forward again if needed.

Back