Opinion Best 22 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool. Thanks bro.
Welcome ;)

I just don't see why we'd leave out Witherden after such a seamless transition into the AFL. If things keep building nicely I'm hoping Bastinac gets pushed out and I believe Matheison offers more (apart from goals)

Welcome ;)

I just don't see why we'd leave out Witherden after such a seamless transition into the AFL. If things keep building nicely I'm hoping Bastinac gets pushed out and I believe Matheison offers more (apart from goals)
Hodge potentially can leave lasting impressions on our back 6 and even our mids. I do see where you are coming from with Withers but i like the idea of hodge coming in for a coaching role.

Bastinac has been very solid most notably in our close wins to gold coast and the dopers. Kicks goals and gets 20 plus touches. I feel he will play a lot better when the team clicks.

Hodge potentially can leave lasting impressions on our back 6 and even our mids. I do see where you are coming from with Withers but i like the idea of hodge coming in for a coaching role.

Bastinac has been very solid most notably in our close wins to gold coast and the dopers. Kicks goals and gets 20 plus touches. I feel he will play a lot better when the team clicks.
Hodge would be great,but other than an article saying he'd be a good fit,there's nothing more to it at this stage,it's not even a rumour.
By round 1 next year when competition for spots are really heating up,guys like Witherden and Matheison will have had another offseason under their belt and I'd hope to have them going past the likes of Bastinac and Rich. It's hopeful and not that unrealistic.

Bastinac kicks some goals and has the odd decent game,but he should be well in his prime and to me he is still a bit soft at the contest and goes missing too often. Good depth and fringe 22 though.

Hodge would be great,but other than an article saying he'd be a good fit,there's nothing more to it at this stage,it's not even a rumour.
By round 1 next year when competition for spots are really heating up,guys like Witherden and Matheison will have had another offseason under their belt and I'd hope to have them going past the likes of Bastinac and Rich. It's hopeful and not that unrealistic.

Bastinac kicks some goals and has the odd decent game,but he should be well in his prime and to me he is still a bit soft at the contest and goes missing too often. Good depth and fringe 22 though.
I suppose that's the best part of this opinion thread. I disagree with you and you the same. Rich and basti are well in my 22. Same with hodge if we can entice him.

I suppose that's the best part of this opinion thread. I disagree with you and you the same. Rich and basti are well in my 22. Same with hodge if we can entice him.
Indeed.

The anticipation of waiting to see the round 1 side at the start of every year is one of the most exciting parts of the football year for me. Next seasons will be the best yet with the amount of talent we're building and the likely inclusion of a Number 1 pick.

Indeed.

The anticipation of waiting to see the round 1 side at the start of every year is one of the most exciting parts of the football year for me. Next seasons will be the best yet with the amount of talent we're building and the likely inclusion of a Number 1 pick.
Hopefully we carry our relatively good injury form into and through the pre season.

Alex Witherden, Josh Walker, Dan McStay.
Tom Cutler, Harris Andrews, Sam Mayes.

Archie Smith, Dayne Beams, Tom Rockliff.
Dayne Zorko, Jarrod Berry, Rhys Matheison.

Lewis Taylor, Josh Schache, Allen Christensen.
Cedric Cox, Eric Hipwood, Cameron Rayner:).

Nick Robertson (back/wing), Hugh McCluggage (fwd/out mid), Ben Keays (mid), Mitch Robinson (mid).

Would also have Cutler/Mayes/Witherden/Taylor/Christensen doing stints on the wing and rotating through the middle as well.

Alex Witherden, Josh Walker, Dan McStay.
Tom Cutler, Harris Andrews, Sam Mayes.

Archie Smith, Dayne Beams, Tom Rockliff.
Dayne Zorko, Jarrod Berry, Rhys Matheison.

Lewis Taylor, Josh Schache, Allen Christensen.
Cedric Cox, Eric Hipwood, Cameron Rayner:).

Nick Robertson (back/wing), Hugh McCluggage (fwd/out mid), Ben Keays (mid), Mitch Robinson (mid).

Would also have Cutler/Mayes/Witherden/Taylor/Christensen doing stints on the wing and rotating through the middle as well.

Should there be a third tall up front. Like a Lester or Berry type?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should there be a third tall up front. Like a Lester or Berry type?
I think Rayner plays a 3rd tall type role and from reports he would be ready to go round 1 next year. I did have Lester in there then deleted him for Rayner and a smiley face.

The other player I think who could be really valuable to our side next year if he starts living up to the hype of his under age year is Jacob Allison, long running, long kicking and pace on the wing. Has been playing well in the NEAFL the last few weeks.

I think Rayner plays a 3rd tall type role and from reports he would be ready to go round 1 next year. I did have Lester in there then deleted him for Rayner and a smiley face.

The other player I think who could be really valuable to our side next year if he starts living up to the hype of his under age year is Jacob Allison, long running, long kicking and pace on the wing. Has been playing well in the NEAFL the last few weeks.

Fair enough. I reckon next year Cox and Lester might be fighting over that final spot. Allison could be huge as well as a do it all type player, he's tall, he's quick and he's skilled. I think he'll get his first chance with injuries next year I think, if not late this year.

Heard he is off to Adelaide plus we should start giving the younger mids more time especially keays

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No chance. Doubt he's leaving and if he does it would be home. Getting rid of him will set us back, although it's good to get the young guys experience it shouldn't be at the expense of our best players. There are plenty of chances with rotations and when they experienced guys get older and shift out the young guys will be ready and will go inside.

No chance. Doubt he's leaving and if he does it would be home. Getting rid of him will set us back, although it's good to get the young guys experience it shouldn't be at the expense of our best players. There are plenty of chances with rotations and when they experienced guys get older and shift out the young guys will be ready and will go inside.

Our mid is way too old compared to our backline and fwd line

It's not us getting rid of him, he may leave

Apparently it's both rocky wants finals now and noble doesn't believe he will be their when we win the Granny

He is looking, it comes down to how quickly we can bounce and we are coming from a long way back. Either way I'm ok.

All I would say to him is "Buckley".

FB- Luke Hodge - Harris Andrews - Dan McStay.
HB- Tom Cutler - Josh Walker - Sam Mayes.

Mids- Daniel Rich - Dayne Beams - Alex Witherden.
Centre- Dayne Zorko - Jarrod Berry - Stefan Martin

HF- Lewis Taylor - Josh Schache - Mitch Robinson
FF- Tom Rockliff - Eric Hipwood - Allen Christensen.

Nick Robertson (Back), Hugh McCluggage (Out Mid), Ryan Bastinac (inside Mid), Ryan Lester (Fwd/Back)

If hodge isn't at brisbane replace him with Nick robertson, and then bring in Ben Keays on the bench.

With a few players in the reserves putting pressure on spots will be a very good young team on paper

FB- Luke Hodge - Harris Andrews - Dan McStay.
HB- Tom Cutler - Josh Walker - Sam Mayes.

Mids- Daniel Rich - Dayne Beams - Alex Witherden.
Centre- Dayne Zorko - Jarrod Berry - Stefan Martin

HF- Lewis Taylor - Josh Schache - Mitch Robinson
FF- Tom Rockliff - Eric Hipwood - Allen Christensen.

Nick Robertson (Back), Hugh McCluggage (Out Mid), Ryan Bastinac (inside Mid), Ryan Lester (Fwd/Back)

If hodge isn't at brisbane replace him with Nick robertson, and then bring in Ben Keays on the bench.

With a few players in the reserves putting pressure on spots will be a very good young team on paper
I would swap Witherden with Cutler. Plus we also have the number 1 pick for this year that will probably come in.

He is looking, it comes down to how quickly we can bounce and we are coming from a long way back. Either way I'm ok.

All I would say to him is "Buckley".

That's a bit unfair. Buckley left after 1-2 years, Rocky has stayed with us and is now what? 28? He has every right to chase a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back