List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade period is over, draft happening in just over a month.

Give it a go, will be interesting to revisit this upon Team announcements for round 1 to see if anyone got it right.

(I searched for an existing thread, couldn’t find one, but could only scroll through on my phone - merge if already one created)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was expecting this early, good way to get cheap likes, well played.

Seriously though, what changes do we make? Maybe Miles or Conca get a game. Maybe Bolton in for George. Not really anybody else bashing the door down.

Seriously though, what changes do we make? Maybe Miles or Conca get a game. Maybe Bolton in for George. Not really anybody else bashing the door down.

GF team can’t rest on their laurels. Team incoming.

My initial attempt...

FB: Vlastuin - Astbury - Grimes
HB: Houli - Rance - BEllis
C: Menadue - Cotchin - Edwards
HF: Martin - Riewoldt - Caddy
FF: Bolton - Townsend - Rioli
R: Nankervis - Prestia - Lambert

INT: Graham - Butler - McIntosh - Grigg
EMG: Markov, CEllis, Castagna, Broad

Unlucky ones: Castagna and Broad
In danger: Grigg and McIntosh

Late edit: Callum Moore is my Smokey for round 1 if someone gets injured/has a poor pre-season in the forward line.

Last edited:
My initial attempt...

FB: Vlastuin - Astbury - Grimes
HB: Houli - Rance - BEllis
C: Menadue - Cotchin - Edwards
HF: Martin - Riewoldt - Caddy
FF: Bolton - Townsend - Rioli
R: Nankervis - Prestia - Lambert

INT: Graham - Butler - McIntosh - Grigg
EMG: Markov, CEllis, Castagna, Broad

Unlucky ones: Castagna and Broad
In danger: Grigg and McIntosh

Who did you factor to go in the ruck when Nank has a rest?

Yeah I saw that...:oops::oops::oops:

Obviously not the ideal scenario, but it worked well this year, so until a clear option emerges over pre-season, Grigg remains.

Soon enough Grigg should be pushed out of the team for the younger brigade. I see Markov and Menadue being the perfect replacements, by then we should have a second tall.

B: Grimes Rance Broad
HB: Houli Astbury Short
C: BEllis Cotchin Edwards
HF: Rioli Griffiths Caddy
F: Lambert Jack Butler
Ruck: Nank Martin Graham
Int: Vlaustin Prestia Grigg KMac

Would love to get Markov into the team but the depth is looking solid for 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Grimes Rance Broad
HB: Houli Astbury Short
C: BEllis Cotchin Edwards
HF: Rioli Griffiths Caddy
F: Lambert Jack Butler
Ruck: Nank Martin Graham
Int: Vlaustin Prestia Grigg KMac

Would love to get Markov into the team but the depth is looking solid for 2018.

No Towna?

I’m not big on Short, I watched him closely in the VFL GF, felt he just blasted long way too often without really thinking.
What do you like about Short?

No Towna?

I’m not big on Short, I watched him closely in the VFL GF, felt he just blasted long way too often without really thinking.
What do you like about Short?

Whats not to like about Short. Uses the ball well on both feet and is disciplined enough to shut down his man. And to your question about Townsend there's a reason we only offered him a 1yr deal, he's probably not good enough to play a full season in the 1's.

Im worried if astbury or rance or grimes goes down. We dont have. Back üp in this area.
It's a concern but not many clubs have gun a CHB/FB sitting on the pine waiting for a injury.

Our depth ruck/forward is more of a concern. If Jack and Nankervis both had injuries at the same time, we'd really struggle. Need Griff to step up significantly this year.

Griff plays round 1.
If he is fit, he will play CHF for a majority of the year. For 15 games last year we played a second forward. We cannot run Nank into the ground for the whole season, and then expect him to take the mantle in finals. We will play a second ruckman/forward for as many games as we can throughout the year, and when we get to finals, it is then that we may throw that out and go with 1 key forward. But going by what several of the coaches have said, it was pure circumstance and luck that we played this way. With another preseason into Cal Moore, and hopefully Griff back on the park we will have another crack at finding the second forward for a majority of the H&A season. If not, at least we know we can win without one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back