List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

You're the one who said guys who aren't 195cm/95kg can't be considered genuine KPPs. As I've shown and THE_GUN has posted there have been players who are sub that height and/or weight that have been genuine KPPs over the years.

Now run along Claws sorry Mopsy
I think these days there are more tall forwards, Daniher, Lynch, Dixon etc. and most sides have at least one. So quoting Gasper/Michael even Scarlet (more recent) etc, who played when there were only a few of these players around is a bit misleading. I think genuine height and or strength is needed, but some players do play taller (like Garthwaite I think). Anyway Balta and Miller are genuine height/weight, so I think the backup is there.

Jack Riewoldt is officially listed as 195cm & 91kg, I guess that makes him a 3rd tall and not a genuine KPP that he has been playing as for his whole career.

Whatever suits people's arguments. Not lost on me - and while I don't think Riewoldt is anything but a genuine key forward - these height and weight figures might explain why a good number of people who post on here (and who never admit they are wrong) openly applauded Hardwick's decision in 2016 to convert Jack into a roaming utility who spent the bulk of his time taking marks across half back or on the defensive side of the wing. And why some of those posters often refer to their want for Jack to be a roaming half forward. But that would be conceding they were wrong in the initial instance and forced to acknowledge that he is key forward and our best chance of winning is with Jack at full forward, hence a premiership. The way Jack was utilised in 2016 gave weight to the theory that not even his own club or coach considered him to be a key forward.

I think these days there are more tall forwards, Daniher, Lynch, Dixon etc. and most sides have at least one. So quoting Gasper/Michael even Scarlet (more recent) etc, who played when there were only a few of these players around is a bit misleading. I think genuine height and or strength is needed, but some players do play taller (like Garthwaite I think). Anyway Balta and Miller are genuine height/weight, so I think the backup is there.
The point is that you don't need to be 195cm/95kg to be a KPP as Claws, sorry Mopsy says you need to be.

Pardon the intrusion guys and girls, my thoughts on the best available 22 for Richmond as a neutral observer, feel free to pick it apart as you wish.

FB: Dylan Grimes ~ Alex Rance ~ Nathan Broad
HB: Nick Vlastuin ~ David Astbury ~ Bachar Houli
CEN: Shane Edwards ~ Dustin Martin ~ Brandon Ellis
HF: Daniel Rioli ~ Josh Caddy ~ Kane Lambert
FF: Daniel Butler ~ Jack Riewoldt ~ Jacob Townsend
1R: Toby Nankervis ~ Trent Cotchin ~ Dion Prestia
INT: Shaun Grigg ~ Kamdyn McIntosh ~ Jack Graham ~ Jason Castagna/ Corey Ellis

• Broad will miss early but I think will be able to force is way back into the best 22 on the back of 2017 form.
  • I've added Corey Ellis because I'm a big wrap for him especially if he gets a good run at it. Understandably it is harsh on Castagna/ one of the smaller forwards, might even be McIntosh but I think if you give him a good crack at it he'll show why he was a 1st round pick only a few drafts back.
  • Apart from Corey Ellis it's the premiership 22. I'll be interested to see how Richmond's best 22 in particular the forward 6 evolves and if they continue with the one tall in Riewoldt, medium sizers in Townsend and Caddy with the smaller players at there feet.

You're the one who said guys who aren't 195cm/95kg can't be considered genuine KPPs. As I've shown and THE_GUN has posted there have been players who are sub that height and/or weight that have been genuine KPPs over the years.
Have i said anywhere that players have to be 195cm plus to be considered a kpp. Simple answer to that is no in fact i gave Mal Michael as an example just 190cm thats a genuine tall but the bugger played at 100kg. What i have constantly said is if they are only 190 193cm then to play kpp they need size or something really outstanding to allow em to play the role.
How long have i been debating talls, yrs now and i have constantly given my reasons for why i place players where i do and i have regularly said it is not written in stone but seems to be a norm or mostly the norm. that tall players are 190cm plus and to play kpp you need the size to go with it.

Answer me some questions honestly and i will go away .

1/ Do you really consider blokes like Broad, Mcintosh, Grimes Lynch, and Mcgovern Kpps.I leave Garthwaite out because you consider him kpp.And if you do think them KPPS do you think there are third tall types at all.

2/ Its simple if the 5 i mention are not Kpps what makes Garthwaite IYO one?
3/ Whats the different to those mentioned?

Your telling me in one whole season hes put on 8kg thats a nonsense in itself. Your telling me hes grown 2cm which is possible but as i have clearly pointed out goes against the norm.
So even if i concede hes 194cm as you say and 91kg hes is still UNDERSIZED you do understand when talking about being undersized it is related to weight and bulk.

4/ Tell me, when you consider he is a little slow, he cant jump, he is not overly agile what does it leave for him to be able to play on the gorillas? It leaves size and bulk.
5/ just how big size wise do you think he will have to get to to compete in your words against the gorillas? which is the role of the KPD.
6/ As stated with his attributes and weaknesses he will need to get around Mal Michael 100kg size do you really think that will happen?

7If i came on here and said so and so poster who claims to know said player says hes put on 8kg and grown 2cm what would your reaction be??
Im pretty sure i know what i would be copping if i did so.

He fits the mould of a third tall and as ive said a few times he may prove me wrong and become a kpp but i doubt it. Ypu carry on as if ive bagged the crap out of him and crapped in your bed in the process.

Lastly Look at the list that The Gun put up There are two or was it three blokes who are not 190cm and they come from an era where kpp height was much shorter than it is today.
8/ Do you not disagree players are getting taller thru each generation. Of course you wont that would detract from your stance.

Every other player he mentioned is 190cm plus, all genuine talls and tall enouhgh to play kpp. in my debates i have argued this to be the case for yrs this you seem incapable of grasping or are just being plain disingenous. what i have argued to play kpp you need the size to go with genuine height to play kpp in most cases ive also suggested you need a few outstanding attributes failing that.. ive always said there have been some exceptions to this and im sure we have debated this in the past.

fmd i mentioned Easton Wood not long ago at 187cm a player who plays tall but he is no kpp and would only be asked to play in the role in extreme circumstances. He doesnt even fall into a tall category but id be happy to put him in the third tall cat.

So lets look at the list and tell me what is the norm.

Ayres - 187/95 may only be 187cm but had the size
Brereton - 186/89 again by todays standards hes short but in the 80S 187 - 190cm was the norm for a kpp. At 89kg he had good size for the time.
Dunstall - 188/98 i threw this one in myself fmd most 195cm plus players today dont have his power .his height weight ratio is amasing.
Langford - 193/96 lots of size and pretty tall for the time he played.
Dench - again played in the 70's fmd the chf of the century played in the same era and was only 187cm. players were in kp's were shorter back then and it went down the line.
N Riewoldt 193/98 yep he got as heavy as 98kg.
Michael - 190/100kg yep for a kpp he was not super tall but he had the size and the speed.
Carey - 192/97kg - you are getting the drift arent ya genuine tall especially in the 90's and big and powerful.
Locket - fmd 191/104 and a monster.
Brownless - 192/95
Lloyd - 192/93 this one surprises me
Lyon - 193/96 this one also surprises to be honest have never rated him.
Gaspar - 193/90 he was one who punched out of his zone and did well.
Scarlett - 192/94lots of factors why he fits the bill.
Jakovich - 193/102 thats a power player.
Silvagni - 194/95 thats alex Rance size

All by todays standards are a little on the short end of tall for kpp but with only a few exceptions they have power and size to make up for it they also had great attributes for a kpp role. that is the norm or mostly the norm and Grthwaite does not fall into the norm.

I sometimes wonder what the hell we are arguing about here
Ive basically said right atm Garthwaite is not a kpd size im not sure anyone can argue that. The only point of difference is i can not for the life of me see him becoming a kpd down the track and because of this i have to put up with crap like this.

Its a shame you feel the need to get so petty about what amounts to a small difference of opinion.

Last edited:
Its a shame you feel the need to get so petty about what amounts to a small difference of opinion.
You were banned from the board and are using an alt account to get around that. People should know they are arguing with a known troll.

Have i said anywhere that players have to be 195cm plus to be considered a kpp. Simple answer to that is no in fact i gave Mal Michael as an example just 190cm thats a genuine tall but the bugger played at 100kg. What i have constantly said is if they are only 190 193cm then to play kpp they need size or something really outstanding to allow em to play the role.
How long have i been debating talls, yrs now and i have constantly given my reasons for why i place players where i do and i have regularly said it is not written in stone but seems to be a norm or mostly the norm. that tall players are 190cm plus and to play kpp you need the size to go with it.

1/ Do you really consider blokes like Broad, Mcintosh, Grimes Lynch, and Mcgovern Kpps.I leave Garthwaite out because you consider him kpp.And if you do think them KPPS do you think there are third tall types at all.

Your telling me in one whole season hes put on 8kg thats a nonsense in itself. Your telling me hes grown 2cm which is possible but as i have clearly pointed out goes against the norm.
So even if i concede hes 194cm as you say and 91kg hes is still UNDERSIZED you do understand when talking about being undersized it is related to weight and bulk.

4/ Tell me, when you consider he is a little slow, he cant jump, he is not overly agile what does it leave for him to be able to play on the gorillas? It leaves size and bulk.
5/ just how big size wise do you think he will have to get to to compete in your words against the gorillas? which is the role of the KPD.
6/ As stated with his attributes and weaknesses he will need to get around Mal Michael 100kg size do you really think that will happen?

7If i came on here and said so and so poster who claims to know said player says hes put on 8kg and grown 2cm what would your reaction be??

He fits the mould of a third tall and as ive said a few times he may prove me wrong and become a kpp but i doubt it. Ypu carry on as if ive bagged the crap out of him and crapped in your bed in the process.

Lastly Look at the list that The Gun put up There are two or was it three blokes who are not 190cm and they come from an era where kpp height was much shorter than it is today.
8/ Do you not disagree players are getting taller thru each generation. Of course you wont that would detract from your stance.

Every other player he mentioned is 190cm plus, all genuine talls and tall enouhgh to play kpp. in my debates i have argued this to be the case for yrs this you seem incapable of grasping or are just being plain disingenous. what i have argued to play kpp you need the size to go with genuine height to play kpp in most cases ive also suggested you need a few outstanding attributes failing that.. ive always said there have been some exceptions to this and im sure we have debated this in the past.

fmd i mentioned Easton Wood not long ago at 187cm a player who plays tall but he is no kpp and would only be asked to play in the role in extreme circumstances. He doesnt even fall into a tall category but id be happy to put him in the third tall cat.

So lets look at the list and tell me what is the norm.

Ayres - 187/95 may only be 187cm but had the size
Brereton - 186/89 again by todays standards hes short but in the 80S 187 - 190cm was the norm for a kpp. At 89kg he had good size for the time.
Dunstall - 188/98 i threw this one in myself fmd most 195cm plus players today dont have his power .his height weight ratio is amasing.
Langford - 193/96 lots of size and pretty tall for the time he played.
Dench - again played in the 70's fmd the chf of the century played in the same era and was only 187cm. players were in kp's were shorter back then and it went down the line.
N Riewoldt 193/98 yep he got as heavy as 98kg.
Michael - 190/100kg yep for a kpp he was not super tall but he had the size and the speed.
Carey - 192/97kg - you are getting the drift arent ya genuine tall especially in the 90's and big and powerful.
Locket - fmd 191/104 and a monster.
Brownless - 192/95
Lloyd - 192/93 this one surprises me
Lyon - 193/96 this one also surprises to be honest have never rated him.
Gaspar - 193/90 he was one who punched out of his zone and did well.
Scarlett - 192/94lots of factors why he fits the bill.
Jakovich - 193/102 thats a power player.
Silvagni - 194/95 thats alex Rance size

All by todays standards are a little on the short end of tall for kpp but with only a few exceptions they have power and size to make up for it they also had great attributes for a kpp role. that is the norm or mostly the norm and Grthwaite does not fall into the norm.

I sometimes wonder what the hell we are arguing about here
Ive basically said right atm Garthwaite is not a kpd size im not sure anyone can argue that. The only point of difference is i can not for the life of me see him becoming a kpd down the track and because of this i have to put up with crap like this.

Why do you keep hanging on to statistics that were taken from U18 days. My son was listed all season 2cm shorter than he is, and he is not a tall players who naturally keep growing a bit longer. Conca was 185cm for years. And you ignore the poster who came on here and quoted definitely his new weight/height...
But I think you have a valid argument as to whether he is athletic enough to play a key defender's roll. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Pardon the intrusion guys and girls, my thoughts on the best available 22 for Richmond as a neutral observer, feel free to pick it apart as you wish.

FB: Dylan Grimes ~ Alex Rance ~ Nathan Broad
HB: Nick Vlastuin ~ David Astbury ~ Bachar Houli
CEN: Shane Edwards ~ Dustin Martin ~ Brandon Ellis
HF: Daniel Rioli ~ Josh Caddy ~ Kane Lambert
FF: Daniel Butler ~ Jack Riewoldt ~ Jacob Townsend
1R: Toby Nankervis ~ Trent Cotchin ~ Dion Prestia
INT: Shaun Grigg ~ Kamdyn McIntosh ~ Jack Graham ~ Jason Castagna/ Corey Ellis

• Broad will miss early but I think will be able to force is way back into the best 22 on the back of 2017 form.
  • I've added Corey Ellis because I'm a big wrap for him especially if he gets a good run at it. Understandably it is harsh on Castagna/ one of the smaller forwards, might even be McIntosh but I think if you give him a good crack at it he'll show why he was a 1st round pick only a few drafts back.
  • Apart from Corey Ellis it's the premiership 22. I'll be interested to see how Richmond's best 22 in particular the forward 6 evolves and if they continue with the one tall in Riewoldt, medium sizers in Townsend and Caddy with the smaller players at there feet.

CEllis ain't up to it mate .... there's 10 or more blokes ahead of him in the queue and he'll need to produce something pretty good to even be in yellow and black next season. Poor under pressure and does not influence AFL games enough and as a midfielder it's hard to see him breaking in ahead of Martin, Cotchin, Prestia, Lambert, BEllis, Grigg and even the newly drafted Higgins.
I believe Castagna will be overtaken by either Stengle or Bolton pretty quickly.

How well are we travelling!!
The only things we have to "argue" about are C.Ellis, B.Griffiths and what height and weight constitutes a KPP or a "third tall".
Of course, injuries to key players will have an enormous impact on the coming season, as it will for all teams from the wooden spooners, Brisbabe, to the Premiers, which is us :hearts::rainbow::D:sunglasses::beercheers:.

Every AFL club plays the SIZE game against the other 17 clubs, they don't have to tell anything to anyone, just so long as it is kept ''IN HOUSE'' for when the time comes to step up and play a role on a certain opp player?, so long as the coaches know ''who cares''. Have known clubs to make certain players in the back row of team photos to stand on a step 'down the back' to miss lead 'height' over the years, or to bend the knees, etc etc. We ''all'' outside the club should just ''support'' and enjoy the banter by just 'guessing' on BF. If i said Garth was 191cm and 80 kgs would that make you happier!!! Young men do Mature and grow?
PS Have known 42 only as a coach, not related, sorry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We discussed this way back when you were first on the board and you always harped on about how KPPs needed to be that sort of size, I use 195/95 as a generic measurement.

I consider Broad Grimes KPDs and Lynch McGovern KPFs. Are they traditional gorilla type KPFs who rely on strength to beat an opponent? No they aren't, they are mobile talls who cover ground to put their opponents under pressure, much the same way we have used Jack. To put it another way I'd have no issue playing McIntosh Broad and Grimes on Lynch and McGovern as those 2 are mobile talls who cover plenty of ground but are too strong to play a Markov Menadue type of defender on.

I see Garthwaite becoming an Astbury type of KPD who plays on the less agile type of KPF. He has looked quite strong when I have watched him, even early in the year when he hadn't put on much weight he was able to handle himself in 1-1 contests against younger talls from the opposition. If he can get to 194/95kg he'd be able to handle your lead mark/stay at home type of KPF, like Astbury he would need a teammate or 2 coming over the top as support, but with a few handy types in Leppitsch Rutten and Rance to learn off over the next few years of his development not sure what you're getting yourself worked up about.

Adding 8kg in 12 months wouldn't be that hard, especially given he is in a professional environment with dietitians and fitness staff giving him proper programs to follow. Pretty sure it was mentioned that Bolton has also added 6kg over the year as well. Christ my son who is a teenager grew 8cm and added 12 kg over the last year and he isn't involved in professional sport. As I said no reason why an 18-19 year old kid can't grow 2cm and add 8kg of weight/muscle.

If like purr hana I knew that you know the player personally I would have no reason to question you. I've mentioned previously that I'm quite sure I've sat next to him at the VFL and listened to him discuss Garthwaites game/progress through the year.

Yes there are more taller players on lists now, but unlike the previous years where 195-200cm KPPs had to also be 97-105kg to be effective I can see them becoming lighter and having a better ability to cover the ground as zones and fewer rotations take effect. This is why I think we were ahead of the curve we stopped our guys from becoming those weights and actually trimmed them down a little so they can cover the ground better. Jack is a prime example of exactly that, which is why I used him to question your views on what makes a genuine KPP. Because that challenged your stance you're the one who got shitty because your opinion was not being held in higher regard.

We discussed this way back when you were first on the board and you always harped on about how KPPs needed to be that sort of size, I use 195/95 as a generic measurement.

I consider Broad Grimes KPDs and Lynch McGovern KPFs. Are they traditional gorilla type KPFs who rely on strength to beat an opponent? No they aren't, they are mobile talls who cover ground to put their opponents under pressure, much the same way we have used Jack. To put it another way I'd have no issue playing McIntosh Broad and Grimes on Lynch and McGovern as those 2 are mobile talls who cover plenty of ground but are too strong to play a Markov Menadue type of defender on.

I see Garthwaite becoming an Astbury type of KPD who plays on the less agile type of KPF. He has looked quite strong when I have watched him, even early in the year when he hadn't put on much weight he was able to handle himself in 1-1 contests against younger talls from the opposition. If he can get to 194/95kg he'd be able to handle your lead mark/stay at home type of KPF, like Astbury he would need a teammate or 2 coming over the top as support, but with a few handy types in Leppitsch Rutten and Rance to learn off over the next few years of his development not sure what you're getting yourself worked up about.

Adding 8kg in 12 months wouldn't be that hard, especially given he is in a professional environment with dietitians and fitness staff giving him proper programs to follow. Pretty sure it was mentioned that Bolton has also added 6kg over the year as well. Christ my son who is a teenager grew 8cm and added 12 kg over the last year and he isn't involved in professional sport. As I said no reason why an 18-19 year old kid can't grow 2cm and add 8kg of weight/muscle.

If like purr hana I knew that you know the player personally I would have no reason to question you. I've mentioned previously that I'm quite sure I've sat next to him at the VFL and listened to him discuss Garthwaites game/progress through the year.

Yes there are more taller players on lists now, but unlike the previous years where 195-200cm KPPs had to also be 97-105kg to be effective I can see them becoming lighter and having a better ability to cover the ground as zones and fewer rotations take effect. This is why I think we were ahead of the curve we stopped our guys from becoming those weights and actually trimmed them down a little so they can cover the ground better. Jack is a prime example of exactly that, which is why I used him to question your views on what makes a genuine KPP. Because that challenged your stance you're the one who got shitty because your opinion was not being held in higher regard.

Thats all good we will agree to disagree. while poles apart in some things in other things not so far apart.

Imo
Seems to me you dont really think there is third talls in the game anymore. Grimes Broad Mcintosh garthwaite are very much third tall types as you have said they are genuinely tall but need to play on McGovern Lynch types who are very much Third talls themselves.
I make the distinction between third tall and kpp because you are never going to ask a player like the 4 tiger boys mentioned to play on 195cm plus and 95kg plus players unless its out of neccesity injury or lack of bigger options. thats why you have a bloke like astbury or Rance in your teams. although Rance could play on any type of tall Good height good size good strength and good mobility and half decent pace.

In a way your saying exactly what ive said Grimes McIntosh Garthwaite Broad play on more mobile less heavy slightly shorter talls which is exactly the distinction between thid tall and kp.
Anyway time to stop going around in circles we disagree when Garthwaite consistently plays on the Hawkins and Walkers etc of this world and does well i will be happy to call him a kpp but idoubt it well ever happen.

Thats all good we will agree to disagree. while poles apart in some things in other things not so far apart.

Imo
Seems to me you dont really think there is third talls in the game anymore. Grimes Broad Mcintosh garthwaite are very much third tall types as you have said they are genuinely tall but need to play on McGovern Lynch types who are very much Third talls themselves.
I make the distinction between third tall and kpp because you are never going to ask a player like the 4 tiger boys mentioned to play on 195cm plus and 95kg plus players unless its out of neccesity injury or lack of bigger options. thats why you have a bloke like astbury or Rance in your teams. although Rance could play on any type of tall Good height good size good strength and good mobility and half decent pace.

In a way your saying exactly what ive said Grimes McIntosh Garthwaite Broad play on more mobile less heavy slightly shorter talls which is exactly the distinction between thid tall and kp.
Anyway time to stop going around in circles we disagree when Garthwaite consistently plays on the Hawkins and Walkers etc of this world and does well i will be happy to call him a kpp but idoubt it well ever happen.
Fair call, and happy to agree to disagree.

What I will say in closing is that I don't believe there are any KPPs anymore. Simple reason being there are no longer set positions in the traditional sense. For mine there are big bodied talls & mobile talls. The big bodied tall stays at home for the most part rarely venturing much past middle of the ground, then there is the mobile tall who can get down to the D50 and be an option for the back line coming out of defence. We don't have a big bodied tall forward, and IMO we need to find one that can compete in the ruck and be a marking option up forward. It is why I believe that we'll have another look at Griffiths if he proves that he is right to go. I know not many agree with that but the way the club has kept mentioning him as a player they want to get back into the side and I don't see anything that has changed that. If he doesn't come good then it is pretty much open to whoever steps up over the summer. It could be Moore or it could be one of CCJ or Balta, maybe even Chol who apparently has put on some size.

You were banned from the board and are using an alt account to get around that. People should know they are arguing with a known troll.
Sorry just spotted this one.

Yes i was banned from the BOARD but as far as i knew it was not a permanent ban. My take is i was banned because people bitched about the negative comments and got personal then i got personal back and i was not prepared to back down.

To get reinstated i had to agree to my previous acc being deleted which i was happy to do. So no there is no alternate account and there is no trolling.
I sometimes wish my previous account was not deleted just so i could rub some peoples noses in it so maybe its a good thing it is gone.

I certainly stay well within posting guidelines nowdays and instead of getting into personal slanging matches i now just report posters who are abuse and who troll.. It really is just two choices, return fire to the abuse posts and get banned again or report what goes on.

I do go against the norm and i get ridiculed because of it and it happens all the time. it is like no one dare to think different or else. i do look at things in different ways to most, and i am very confident and sure about what i think and post. I am not always right but i always give my reasons for the thinking. Thankfully the mods allow me to voice my differing opinions just as long as i dont break the rules, its the same for everyone.

Why do you keep hanging on to statistics that were taken from U18 days. My son was listed all season 2cm shorter than he is, and he is not a tall players who naturally keep growing a bit longer. Conca was 185cm for years. And you ignore the poster who came on here and quoted definitely his new weight/height...
But I think you have a valid argument as to whether he is athletic enough to play a key defender's roll. Time will tell.
Who is hanging onto statistics from draft camp.

We have a start point of 192cm 83KG when he was tested for the nd.
1 yr later he is listed at 192cm so no change and 84kg a gain of 1kg. As i said until there is some sort of official confirmation of his changed dimensions i will stick with with the official version for several reasons i mentioned.

As for Conca i was one who argued he was definately shorter than 185cm it was not hard to tell.

Who is hanging onto statistics from draft camp.

We have a start point of 192cm 83KG when he was tested for the nd.
1 yr later he is listed at 192cm so no change and 84kg a gain of 1kg. As i said until there is some sort of official confirmation of his changed dimensions i will stick with with the official version for several reasons i mentioned.

As for Conca i was one who argued he was definately shorter than 185cm it was not hard to tell.
Bit of a contradiction, you never believed the Conca version yet you take them as gospel on Garth. Personally I don't know why they don't update and keep correct records on the website, not hard to do.

Sorry just spotted this one.

Yes i was banned from the BOARD but as far as i knew it was not a permanent ban. My take is i was banned because people bitched about the negative comments and got personal then i got personal back and i was not prepared to back down.

To get reinstated i had to agree to my previous acc being deleted which i was happy to do. So no there is no alternate account and there is no trolling.
I sometimes wish my previous account was not deleted just so i could rub some peoples noses in it so maybe its a good thing it is gone.

I certainly stay well within posting guidelines nowdays and instead of getting into personal slanging matches i now just report posters who are abuse and who troll.. It really is just two choices, return fire to the abuse posts and get banned again or report what goes on.

I do go against the norm and i get ridiculed because of it and it happens all the time. it is like no one dare to think different or else. i do look at things in different ways to most, and i am very confident and sure about what i think and post. I am not always right but i always give my reasons for the thinking. Thankfully the mods allow me to voice my differing opinions just as long as i dont break the rules, its the same for everyone.
All good, happy to have reasonable discussions where opinions can be discussed and both parties are respected without playing the victim card.

Bit of a contradiction, you never believed the Conca version yet you take them as gospel on Garth. Personally I don't know why they don't update and keep correct records on the website, not hard to do.
No contradiction at all.
When talkin about Conca i alwys placed him as a medium sized player 185cm. Despite thinking he was smaller.It is only in recent seasons the club have made the correction and hence at 181cm i consider him a small.

Yeah agree it would not be too hard to keep correct records i believe the reason they dont is because as ive shown the height of players changes very little.

Look if hes 194cm great, he will need a lot of size and strength to go with that if he is to play kpp.If hes 91kg then right atm he is nowhere near kpp size.
To me he clearly looks like a third tall Dylan Grimes type rather than a big powerhouse defender.As i said before you would think i had bagged the crap out of him when all ive done is put him in a role i think hes most likely to succeed at.

No contradiction at all.
When talkin about Conca i alwys placed him as a medium sized player 185cm. Despite thinking he was smaller.It is only in recent seasons the club have made the correction and hence at 181cm i consider him a small.

Yeah agree it would not be too hard to keep correct records i believe the reason they dont is because as ive shown the height of players changes very little.

Look if hes 194cm great, he will need a lot of size and strength to go with that if he is to play kpp.If hes 91kg then right atm he is nowhere near kpp size.
To me he clearly looks like a third tall Dylan Grimes type rather than a big powerhouse defender.As i said before you would think i had bagged the crap out of him when all ive done is put him in a role i think hes most likely to succeed at.
Rance is 195cm, Broad 193cm. There is little difference but they play so differently. I guess with Garth at 194, he will develop one way or another. You think Grimes type, I reckon more Fletcher like. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Just cant see Garth having the tools to play on talls/smalls/mediums ala Grimesy. He appears to be a very good athlete with a good tank, but Grimes is the next level up in terms of ground speed and prowess. He really is an amazingly versatile player that is massively under-rated ouside of Richmond.
Garth more likely to play an Astbury type role imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back