List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

We are getting ourselves a best 30 or so.
Which means that whoever is getting a game will have to be fit and in form... be it a Broad, Castagna, C Ellis, Miles or Griffiths.
Whoever gets in Round one will be hellbent on making Rioli, Broad, Higgins et al really earn their spot. Great position to be in.
That’s right, competition within is healthy and will put complacency in its spot. No time to think you are a big shot.

Poor Goldy, still posting inaccuracies and still playing the victim card.

FWIW my opinion on Miles hasn't changed, nor has my opinion on C.Ellis or Griffiths for what it's worth. Miles will continue to get plenty in the VFL but will struggle to get games at AFL level unless he becomes more damaging with his disposals and more accountable when we don't have the ball. This was an opinion I had before the season started and one that was proven correct during the year as Miles continually struggled to get a look in for the AFL side.

C.Ellis needs to have a big summer and 2018 if he wants to still be on the list in 2019 and beyond, I believe he has the quality to prove the many doubters wrong, if that's talking up then guilty as charged. As for Griffiths, as much as people don't like it, I believe he will more likely than not get the first crack at the second tall forward spot judging by the comments coming out of the club via media reports. Don't necessarily agree with it myself, but I see it happening. I backed Prestia to come good when you and your superior feel for footy insisted he was a bust and the club was wrong to get him, even now I still don't think you've been able to say you got it wrong, on the flip side I got Graham wrong and I'm glad I did as he was important in the last 5 weeks of the year.

As for not having my opinion taken as gospel, over the 10+ years I've been here there have been plenty who have disagreed with my opinion and while things have gotten heated at time when discussing the difference in opinion, I'd like to believe there is some sort of respect from each party for the other to have a difference of opinion, sadly it seems that you don't seem to be able to respect anyone unless they share your opinion.
Go back and read inaccurate one .. I have said there are plenty I disagree with a lot and some I disagree with some of the time. Unlike you I'm not here to be liked and for validation, I don;t agree with you because I don't rate you. I don't need to, but I can name dozens of people I have argued against and some profusely, but I respect their right to view. But keep rewriting history. No, I don't like you and it has nothing to do with your largely wrong views. It's becase you're a s**t bloke who openly tells everyone that you are here to what ... "I feel it is justified, sadly there are a number of those posters who become Trump like in their behaviour when their opinions aren't taken as gospel". So you have anointed yourself as the gatekeeper of Big Footy and you alone determine who is wrong and what is right. Tickets? End of the day you are one bloke with an opinion .. albeit an opinion formed solely in opposition to one or two other posters. Yes you own the mortgage on Big Footy views. Keep calling out those you think are wrong but you're never wrong yourself are you.
You know why people disagree with you because went without a flag or even being close for 37 years ... but you think the 1981-2016 era was a resounding success. Go away .. talk to your kids or wife .. if they're interested. You are repetive and show your bias against certain posters in every post.
And yu talk abot 'playing victim'?? What a laugh. You got your one man support crew of Anfield to back you.

Start with Anfield and _RT_ ... the two worst at derailing threads.

Thread banned.

Like i said guys, you had your warning. Heed this as well.

Give Rioli the first month off, hopefully Bolton gets a crack in his spot.
Given he added about 6kg this year you'd like to think he'll be primed for a big 2018.

I wouldn’t discount Stengle either.

Haere Ra

Would like to see him get a few more games this year.

Just not sure at the expense of which player.

such an odd issue to have as a Richmond supporter o_O

Would like to see him get a few more games this year.

Just not sure at the expense of which player.

such an odd issue to have as a Richmond supporter o_O

Thought he showed a lot at both levels last year the kid can play. Hopefully gets another crack at it this year and performs. I’d expect he’d only get better with another year in the system

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he showed a lot at both levels last year the kid can play. Hopefully gets another crack at it this year and performs. I’d expect he’d only get better with another year in the system

yeah agree.

i thought his debut game against Port was very impressive.

he kicked a clutch goal which speaks a lot about his confidence and character. did not look out of place one bit.

the best thing about all of our small forwards is they love to tackle and all have great goal sense which makes them dangerous even if they only get 8-14 touches a game.

yeah agree.

i thought his debut game against Port was very impressive.

he kicked a clutch goal which speaks a lot about his confidence and character. did not look out of place one bit.

the best thing about all of our small forwards is they love to tackle and all have great goal sense which makes them dangerous even if they only get 8-14 touches a game.

I don’t know why I think this but from what I saw from Stengle I think he is maybe a little ahead of Bolton in terms for playing midfield minutes. Bolton has that explosive talent where I think Stengle can stand up in tackles, has a good lead on him and is a good mark for his height. Very clean hands too.

Lots to like in 2018 with some younger guys coming on. Hopefully Manarewedue, CEllis, and Markovski at the least can take that talented but not quite AFL level tag off. I'd love a tall or 2 to really stand up. We need more KPs. Although if Griff can actually stay fit I reckon he could be a star. Same with Conca. Both these guys have experience and talent, but cannot stay on the field.

So without any amazing leaps by juniors I love to see up to 5 players fit into the firsts and play well. Could be an improvement in the squad just by what we already have.

Add in Higgins and last year's small forwards and I'm excited about our small talent, on top of the leagues leading group of small forwards!!! :eek::thumbsu:

If Garth makes to to AFL level in 2018 I'd be shocked and so happy.

After that whatever happens does. Just hope it's a great injury run and so much pressure on the squad because the VFL team is tearing it apart.

for those doubting Garth you will come around eventually, like many you doubted Graham, Stengle and Bolton on draft day when I suggested all would play in their first year many thought i was on drugs.

Garth will become a better KP than Astbury when he gets his chance and will be one of the premier tall defenders in the comp.

Also I believe CCJ will be our best tall forward since Jack, not much to beat but will overtake Griffo and TV very quickly, will play next year.

Let's wait and see.

for those doubting Garth you will come around eventually, like many you doubted Graham, Stengle and Bolton on draft day when I suggested all would play in their first year many thought i was on drugs.

Garth will become a better KP than Astbury when he gets his chance and will be one of the premier tall defenders in the comp.

Also I believe CCJ will be our best tall forward since Jack, not much to beat but will overtake Griffo and TV very quickly, will play next year.

Let's wait and see.
Not many doubt Garth and his ability to play KPD - If only he wasnt a 3rd tall and gained another 15 kgs
If your not 195cm you need to be 110kgs to play on the gorilla's or thats what some think

But should have the talent to become best 22 if injuries hit

We had such a stable line-up for the finals campaign that it remains my default best 22.
Conca, Short, CEllis, Markov, Menadue, Drummond all back-up for back,flanks,wing positions, with Naish also in development mode.
Bolton, Stengle, Higgins, Lloyd all forward depth.
Miles midfield depth - along with any of the previously mentioned players with positions shuffled.

The talls are where we lack experienced depth.
Griff if he can get on the park. Hampson? as a back-up ruck only, Soldo similar.
Garthwaite, Moore & Chol are our main tall back & forward depth & none have been really blooded yet, as have any of our 3 tall draftees.

I hope Riewoldt stays fit, I think he is our hardest player to replace. Caddy & Towno are currently our next best "tall" forwards.

Not many doubt Garth and his ability to play KPD - If only he wasnt a 3rd tall and gained another 15 kgs
If your not 195cm you need to be 110kgs to play on the gorilla's or thats what some think

But should have the talent to become best 22 if injuries hit
By the sounds of it, Garth is not overly quick. So if he was to replace anyone, it would be Astbury. The last time we were without Rance was 2016. Our talls for one of the weeks were Chaplin, Astbury: Astbury was then dropped the following round, leaving Chaplin, Batch as talls. we lost both games. The next week we beat Sydney with Rance, Grimes, Chaplin & Batch

Last edited:
Based on what I saw in the finals the ones are greatest risk of being out of our best 22 are:

Castagna- lot of fumbles, smothered kicks, ineffective disposals. Apart from his speed and pressure I think others will go past him on skills, poise and decision making

McIntosh - poor decisions and disposal on a number of occasions. Not much run . Didn’t play well in any final I thought. Seems not to have improved on last year.

Townsend - was reasonable but will be interesting to see if he can have a good year in 2018. Looked ordinary at ground level (which is odd given he was meant to be a midfielder initially), is a bit slow and not a great overhead mark).

Broad - not convinced yet. Had the benefit of others around him all being very good. But panicky but he might improve that.

Mate

Are you planning on sitting in your normal spot
for the VFL games at Punt Rd in 2018? Look forward to popping by and saying Kia Ora when I'm about, which you know is often.

I'll speak to you re Best 22 post Maroochydore. We have prep at Punt Rd Saturday week and travel today fortnight.

Hope the family are going well and you all enjoyed Alladin.

Haere Ra
Hey KiwiTiger you will be in my hometown knackers, lets catch up at the Footy Oval at the Dore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back