Team Mgmt. Best 22 - 2019 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as round 1 (so not an absolute best 22 and no Hooker coz he's injured)...

Players who played the majority (70%+) of their available games in 2018 and have played in both JLTs this year:

Forwards (5): Joe Daniher, Jake Stringer, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Mark Baguley, Mitch Brown

Other forwards who played both JLTs: nil

Midfielders (9): Dyson Heppell, Zach Merrett, David Zaharakis, Andrew McGrath, Devon Smith, Dylan Shiel, Darcy Parish, Matt Guelfi, Kyle Langford

Other midfielders who played both JLTs: nil

Defenders (4): Michael Hurley, Conor McKenna, Adam Saad, Patrick Ambrose

Other defenders who played both JLTs (2): Aaron Francis, Jordan Ridley

That's 18 (not inc. Francis/Ridley).

Usually we have 6 forwards, 1 ruckman, 8 or 9 mids and 6 or 7 defenders.

So a ruckman, probably Bellchambers. That's 19.

Don't see Myers and Fantasia being omitted if they're fit, despite only playing one JLT each. Played every game last year, and are in the leadership group. That's 21. Puts one or two of our mids playing out of defence though. McGrath would be the obvious guess to rotate back, possibly Myers as well if he's not in the guts.

The 22nd man is up for debate, but would need to be a defender. Probably one of Francis and Ridley, they're probably competing for a spot between them unless Gleeson is fit. Depending on match ups it could also be McKernan in with Brown sent to defence.

So R1:

Saad, Hurley, Francis/Ridley
McGrath, Ambrose, McKenna
Heppell, Merrett, Zaharakis
Smith, Daniher, Fantasia
Brown/Smack, Stringer, Walla

Bellchambers, Shiel, Myers

I/C: Baguley, Parish, Guelfi, Langford

That backline scares me.
McGrath won’t start HB in any game this year I don’t think, has been training with mids all year and has rotated forward in intra clubs and in our first JLT game

McGrath won’t start HB in any game this year I don’t think, has been training with mids all year and has rotated forward in intra clubs and in our first JLT game
Can put Guelfi there and start McGrath on the bench if that seems more fitting. But something along that line I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back