B: Saad Ambrose Hurley
HB Mckenna Hooker Francis
C: Mcgrath Shiels Zaka
R: Bellchambers Heppell Z.Merrett
HF: Smith Mckernan Tippa
FF: Stringer Daniher Fantasia

I/C Parish, Glesson, Laverde, Redman

Em: Langford, Myers, Begley, Guelfi

Notes: Stewart to play instead of McKernan if he gets a good solid run without injury.
Personally think a few of the best 22's here have too many inside mids if Myers and or Langford are in the team. Parish I think will step up if given more opportunities in an inside mid role. Redman impressed when I saw him play last year. I think his pace and ability to play in multiple positions could be very handy, so Ive predicted he will be a surprise packet. I think Hurley is your best kick out of defence so ive got him playing a distributor role and not on the oppositions best forward. A decent run with injury and I think you'll be top four next year. With the addition of Zac Clarke to provide ruck depth you dont have many weaknessess in your list either.

Il have a go as an outsider:

Notes: Stewart to play instead of McKernan if he gets a good solid run without injury.
Personally think a few of the best 22's here have too many inside mids if Myers and or Langford are in the team. Parish I think will step up if given more opportunities in an inside mid role. Redman impressed when I saw him play last year. I think his pace and ability to play in multiple positions could be very handy, so Ive predicted he will be a surprise packet. I think Hurley is your best kick out of defence so ive got him playing a distributor role and not on the oppositions best forward. A decent run with injury and I think you'll be top four next year. With the addition of Zac Clarke to provide ruck depth you dont have many weaknessess in your list either.

It's Shields.

Also, Langford is in the team.

It's Shields.

Also, Langford is in the team.
Its Dylan Shiel and I added the s because that's how many say the name. Not sure what you are on about Langford would be miles off a certainty particularly with Dylan joining the team. Im tipping Parish steps up. Im pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about. Even last year (considered by many to be a disappointing year for Parish) he average roughly 3 more possessions a game then Langford.

Thanks Sherry, its actually dylan she'll. Langford is in fact best 22 if his form continues on from last year. He'll be given every oppurtunity in a mid/forward role. And Ambrose is far from a lock for full back.

pretty close imo, Langford in over Laverde though & Redman no lock i think that goes to Myers straight up.

Redman, Ridley, Guelf, Bags all to be rotated in/out over the course of the year

Really good effort. Langford is a lock unless he goes backwards. We've put too much time into him to not play him now that he is really looking the goods.
All the rest are as good a guess as any. It has become impossible to pick our best 22. I'd guess that the coaches wont know themselves until the week before round one.

Really good effort. Langford is a lock unless he goes backwards. We've put too much time into him to not play him now that he is really looking the goods.
All the rest are as good a guess as any. It has become impossible to pick our best 22. I'd guess that the coaches wont know themselves until the week before round one.
Fair call with the feedback. I understand Langford being in most sides here. The only thing I can add is that we are talking about best 22. That means everyone is available (happens very rarely in reality) obvisously. If Langford's the 23rd player in terms of coaches ratings he still plays every week in reality unless you have a dream run with injury. My view is that with Shiel coming in an inside mid (from your 2017 best 22) goes out if everyone is available.

Fair call with the feedback. I understand Langford being in most sides here. The only thing I can add is that we are talking about best 22. That means everyone is available (happens very rarely in reality) obvisously. If Langford's the 23rd player in terms of coaches ratings he still plays every week in reality unless you have a dream run with injury. My view is that with Shiel coming in an inside mid (from your 2017 best 22) goes out if everyone is available.
There's also the view to what our eventual flag 22 is. Langford is 100% part of that. The other thing is that when you look at the difference between our clearance numbers with and without Langford in the side last year, it indicates we perform better as a midfield group with him there.

Seniors;-

Francis Hurley McKenna
McGrath Hooker Saad
Zakka Heppell Smith
Langford Daniher Fantasia
Laverde Stringer Tippa

Bellcho Shiel Z.Merrett

Bench from:
Parish Myers Gleeson McKernan

Reserves;-

Ambrose Hartley McNeice
Redman Margaret Ridley
Ham Clarke Long
Guelfi Brown Begley
Gown Stewart Mosquoito

Draper Mynott Mutch

Bench from:
Baguley Mynott Houlahan Lavender
Younan Hind Hocking A.Heppell
Sibbald Lazzaro McQueen

Seniors;-

Francis Hurley McKenna
McGrath Hooker Saad
Zakka Heppell Smith
Laverde Stringer Tippa

Bellcho Shiel Z.Merrett

Bench from:
Parish Myers Gleeson McKernan

Reserves;-

Ambrose Hartley McNeice
Redman Margaret Ridley
Ham Clarke Long
Guelfi Brown Begley
Gown Stewart Mosquoito

Draper Mynott Mutch

Bench from:
Baguley Mynott Houlahan Lavender
Younan Hind Hocking A.Heppell
Sibbald Lazzaro McQueen
Hind was drafted to the Saints ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Saad, Hooker, Francis
HB: McKenna, Hurley, Gleeson
C: McGrath, Heppell, Fantasia
HF: Smith, Daniher, Stringer
F: AMT, McKernan, Mosquito
R: Bellchambers, Shiel, Merrett
I: Langford, Parish, Guelfi, Zaharakis

I think the reason people are confidently saying Langford is a lock is that his disposal was starting to look elite. It wont be reflected in stats, but when you've got a 23 year old developing inside mid who stands at 191cm and is starting to cut teams up with his kicking, i guess you just don't look back. Add to that his capabilities resting up forward...

B: Saad, Hooker, Francis
HB: McKenna, Hurley, Gleeson
C: McGrath, Heppell, Fantasia
HF: Smith, Daniher, Stringer
F: AMT, McKernan, Mosquito
R: Bellchambers, Shiel, Merrett
I: Langford, Parish, Guelfi, Zaharakis
As good as it will be when mosquito debuts, he is completing school next year and probably plays mostly vfl. His spot in your team probably goes to any of Baguley, Begley or Laverde. Nice looking 22 though.

Laverde needs to fight Bags for a spot.

Seniors;-

Francis Hurley McKenna
Gleeson Hooker Saad
Zakka Heppell Smith
Stringer McKernan Tippa
Bellcho Shiel Z.Merrett
Parish Myers McGrath Baguley

Reserves;-

Ambrose Hartley Dea
Redman Zerk-Thatcher Ridley
McNeice D.Clarke Long
Guelfi Brown Begley
Laverde Stewart Mosquoito
Draper Mynott Mutch
Bench: Z.Clarke Mynott Gown Ham Houlahan Lavender Jok

It is a good side. Though I'm not sure 8 defenders is the right number. Ambrose has historically been best 22, but I think that's about to change. His spot should be an extra midfielder and that would be Langford. He is definitely in the best 22.

Its Dylan Shiel and I added the s because that's how many say the name. Not sure what you are on about Langford would be miles off a certainty particularly with Dylan joining the team. Im tipping Parish steps up. Im pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about. Even last year (considered by many to be a disappointing year for Parish) he average roughly 3 more possessions a game then Langford.
Langford is in everyone’s best 22 for a reason. He finally ‘got it’ last year and was probably our best at hitting up a target through congestion. He’s on a trajectory and it would be very negative to have him going backwards in his development.

Also, Hurley has demonstrated recently that he plays best when given a job to curtail an opponent as his primary objective. It seems to get his juices flowing for beast-mode footy and I think (hope) the coaches have recognised this and ditched their project of having him play a purely distributor role.

Laverde needs to fight Bags for a spot.

Seniors;-

Francis Hurley McKenna
Gleeson Hooker Saad
Zakka Heppell Smith
Stringer McKernan Tippa
Bellcho Shiel Z.Merrett
Parish Myers McGrath Baguley

Reserves;-

Ambrose Hartley Dea
Redman Zerk-Thatcher Ridley
McNeice D.Clarke Long
Guelfi Brown Begley
Laverde Stewart Mosquoito
Draper Mynott Mutch
Bench: Z.Clarke Mynott Gown Ham Houlahan Lavender Jok
That VFL backline is better than a few AFL clubs best backline :tearsofjoy:

Ridley is in the team, I don’t know where but he’s in it.

I honestly don’t think he is, which isn’t a knock on Ridley it’s a compliment to our depth back there now! Something we haven’t had for years!

If fit, Frang shouldn't be fighting for a spot with anyone next year. Even if he has a few quiet games he needs to keep playing as much as possible. First priority to get signed up also. Out of Redman, Ridley and Gleeson i think Gleeson should and will be given first crack but he'll need to perform pretty early in the season. Wouldnt be surprised or disappointed to see reddez or riddles in the team regularly next year though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back