Team Mgmt. Best 22 - 2019 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys I’ve noticed many of you have placed smith on a HFF, are you expecting Smith to play substantially more forward compared to this year due to the inclusion of Shiel?

Thanks

Hey guys I’ve noticed many of you have placed smith on a HFF, are you expecting Smith to play substantially more forward compared to this year due to the inclusion of Shiel?

Thanks
Think it's more that we generally play 5 forwards and need to name someon HF that plays midfield.

Hey guys, I'm playing a drafting game, and I just had a couple of questions for you on a couple of players.
General gist from the last couple of pages is that Hooker will play defence and McKernan will be second fiddle to Daniher, but how likely is it that it will play out that way?

Also who is first in line to take the number 1 ruck spot if Bellchambers gets injured?

thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I'm playing a drafting game, and I just had a couple of questions for you on a couple of players.
General gist from the last couple of pages is that Hooker will play defence and McKernan will be second fiddle to Daniher, but how likely is it that it will play out that way?

Also who is first in line to take the number 1 ruck spot if Bellchambers gets injured?

thanks in advance.

Hooker will definitely play back. Mckernan is competing with Stewart and Brown for that second forward spot . I have him in the side but opinions vary on this board so who knows what the coaches will do.

As for back up ruck its a toss up really seeing as it's likely that the coaching staff will want to give Draper a go at AFL.

thanks in advance.
Smack will get first crack. How long he stays there will be in Smack's hands. He's only just in front of Brown/Stewart... by a neck you might say

thanks in advance.
Zac Clarke. Dominated wafl like few others have last year.

If Mckernan is dropped out of the side, can Stewart or brown play as a chop out ruck?
Stewart can. He and Smack will be competing for that spot round 1 I feel. Also Clarke will be the second in line ruck

Good questions ;)

tenor.gif

With Joe's OP issues we have to plan for life without him - certainly early rounds at least. I think Hooker has to play up forward again and either Ambrose or Hartley down back depending on opposition forward match-ups. Best 22 is still very soild;-

Francis Ambrose/Hartley McKenna
Gleeson Hurley Saad
Zakka Heppell McGrath
Fantasia McKernan Smith
Stringer Hooker Tippa

Bellcho Shiel Z.Merrett

Bench from: Myers Guelfi Langford Laverde

With Joe's OP issues we have to plan for life without him - certainly early rounds at least. I think Hooker has to play up forward again and either Ambrose or Hartley down back depending on opposition forward match-ups. Best 22 is still very soild;-

Gleeson Hurley Saad
Zakka Heppell McGrath
Fantasia McKernan Smith
Stringer Hooker Tippa

Bellcho Shiel Z.Merrett

Or we could play Brown like we did at the end of the season, or Stewart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gleeson Hurley Saad
Zakka Heppell McGrath
Fantasia McKernan Smith
Stringer Hooker Tippa

Bellcho Shiel Z.Merrett

Dont like it. Chook stays back. Premierships are built from a settled back 6

Yeah I like eth - my prefernce would be Brown - who would you prefer out of the 2?
Stewart. I have him as our #2 anyway

Brown no. Stewart is horrible in the ruck but at least has the height and athleticism to theoretically work .
Theoretically yes but he is beyond terrible.

Yeah it's like Daniher set the record for being horrible in the ruck despite having height athleticism and footballing ability then Stewart came out and obliterated it
Stewart makes Daniher look like Simon Madden

It suprises me how many posters are on the Stewart over Mckernan bandwagon for this reason. Mckernan wipes the floor with most second rucks and genuinely gives us something when thrown into the center.

If Stewart had McKernan's aggression at the ball then he'd probably be a pretty decent player. Certainly has the size and appears to have the ability.

McKernan is actually surprisingly dynamic for a big guy I've noticed; has a bit of X factor about him but does go missing.

Smack is preferred over Stewart.
Coach thinks he is the best kick in the team. He has grown so much as a player in the last year it is phenomenal.

If Daniher is fit he must play.

Stewart and Brown are next in line with Brown just ahead of Stewart.

Hooker is staying down back.

If injury hit either Smack or Daniher then Brown or Stewart will come in.

If Hooker goes down, then Hartley is his replacement. Ambrose wouldhave to be after that. Imo I don’t think he has enough strings to his bow and although he has great size and athletisicm he lacks a fair bit.

Smack is a guy that used to divide our supporters, but most people now see him as being potentially a consistently reliable forward that will either mark the ball ir bring it to ground for our smalls. If he remains injury free he can kick 40+ goals in 2019.
Mark that in your book.

Agree with most Smack ahead of Stewart for sure. I like Brown - 18 goals last year including three bags of 3 goals, plus he is more versatile than Stewart. What has to happen for Zach Clarke to get a run? - just 1 on LTI list then he's in I think... Im starting to think if Daniher is not fit early rounds it might be an option to play Bellcho and either Clarke or Draper and see how 2 rucks work for us because Bellcho more than capable of resting down forward and causing opposition problems, Clarke can kick a goal & played a bit forward in his Dockers days and I reckon Draper could pinch hit forward also. Its good to have options I guess - Not sure if this line up is too tall though;-

Francis Hurley McKenna
Gleeson Hooker Saad
Zakka Heppell Smith
Stringer Brown Fantasia
Z.Clarke/Draper McKernan Tippa

Bellcho Shiel Z.Merrett

Bench from: Myers McGrath Langford Laverde

Agree with most Smack ahead of Stewart for sure. I like Brown - 18 goals last year including three bags of 3 goals, plus he is more versatile than Stewart. What has to happen for Zach Clarke to get a run? - just 1 on LTI list then he's in I think... Im starting to think if Daniher is not fit early rounds it might be an option to play Bellcho and either Clarke or Draper and see how 2 rucks work for us because Bellcho more than capable of resting down forward and causing opposition problems, Clarke can kick a goal & played a bit forward in his Dockers days and I reckon Draper could pinch hit forward also. Its good to have options I guess - Not sure if this line up is too tall though;-

Francis Hurley McKenna
Gleeson Hooker Saad
Zakka Heppell Smith
Stringer Brown Fantasia
Z.Clarke/Draper McKernan Tippa

Bellcho Shiel Z.Merrett

Bench from: Myers McGrath Langford Laverde
Way too tall

Increasing forward pressure will be a priority with Rutten coming in. If Daniher is out then expect one fulltme tall (from whoever is in form between Smack, Brown and Stewart) with Stringer as the next target. Depending on form and opposition, next spot will either be defensive option (Baguley), a second tall or an ancillary option like Laverde. Fantasia and Walla the smalls, with the final place filled by a resting midfielder.

Langford will play forward when rotating with Stringer.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back