Best 22 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fridgeman

Club Legend
AFL Club
GWS
Thread starter #127
Bit of a clue from Leon about how we adjust next year. I tend to think of Perryman as a back and Bonar and Shipley would be ahead for a midfield spot. Apparently not.

Who are the Giants set to replace Shiel and Scully? - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-03/the-three-giants-set-to-replace-shiel-and-scully
Perryman is close to being in my 22 atm and I think he will play a mid/defender during the year and see where he ends up when the games actually begin or he just is in-between the two, I rate him and see him as a role player going forward and hopefully he can play between 15 and 20 afl games this year. Bonar I see as a forward mid for this year as he has the size and athleticism I am interested to see how his fitness is after I think they did a lot of work during his first pre season at the club. Shipley I think needs another year of development as he has the size but not the strength against the mature bodies but he should add to his games tally but this is all depending on how the pre seasons of the players are going and if they hold Bonar back a little bit because of his injury history

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Sorry to intrude folks. Filtering through each club's best 22's and giving my thoughts as well.

Feedback is appreciated.

FULL BACK: Haynes ~ Davis ~ Shaw
HALF BACK: Williams ~ Taylor ~ Kennedy

WINGS: Hopper ~ Whitfield
CENTRE: Ward

HALF FWD: Greene ~ Cameron ~ Taranto
FULL FWD: Langdon ~ Himmelberg/ Patton ~ Daniels/ Daniel Lloyd

RUCK: Mumford
FOLLOWERS: Coniglio ~ Kelly

INTERCHANGE: Deledio ~ Tomlinson ~ De Boer ~ Bonar/ Hately

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: Reid

1ST STRING (No particular order) Simpson ~ Caldwell ~ Cumming ~ Buntine ~ Keeffe ~ Finlayson ~ O'Halloran ~ Corr ~ Perrymann ~ Hill ~ Flynn

2ND STRING (No particular order) Sproule ~ Briggs ~ Shipley ~ Idun ~ J. Buckley ~ Stein ~ Brown

Back half is fairly settled. Not sure if maybe Sheridan can break in as a more lock down defender ahead of Adam Kennedy.

Midfield has been regenerated with Hopper and Whitfield stepping up to replace Shiel and Scully. Mumford if he can get his body right is probably ahead of big Dawson.

FWD line is fairly similar to how it finished in 2018. Lloyd is a different style of forward to Langdon, Taranto and Greene. I see him more of a Mark LeCras style lead up forward with the other guys using there smarts as crumbers.

Bonar/ Hately come into the 22 as some fresh blood. Both can be effective in multiple roles but if they are most like anyone from the 2018 side its Ryan Griffen.

Tomlinson effective in multiple roles. Can go tall either end and has the athleticism to play as a taller wing.

De Boer as the hard a** with Cal Ward. Can play mid/fwd as a negating player.

Lot of good youth coming through in the first string. 4 picks inside the first 30 of the draft and arguably the best ruck in the draft will do that.

Guys like Caldwell, O'Halloran and Hill will benefit from some good minutes in the NEAFL firstly testing there bodies more against bigger men.

fridgeman

Club Legend
AFL Club
GWS
Thread starter #131
Sorry to intrude folks. Filtering through each club's best 22's and giving my thoughts as well.

Feedback is appreciated.

FULL BACK: Haynes ~ Davis ~ Shaw
HALF BACK: Williams ~ Taylor ~ Kennedy

WINGS: Hopper ~ Whitfield
CENTRE: Ward

HALF FWD: Greene ~ Cameron ~ Taranto
FULL FWD: Langdon ~ Himmelberg/ Patton ~ Daniels/ Daniel Lloyd

RUCK: Mumford
FOLLOWERS: Coniglio ~ Kelly

INTERCHANGE: Deledio ~ Tomlinson ~ De Boer ~ Bonar/ Hately

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: Reid

1ST STRING (No particular order) Simpson ~ Caldwell ~ Cumming ~ Buntine ~ Keeffe ~ Finlayson ~ O'Halloran ~ Corr ~ Perrymann ~ Hill ~ Flynn

2ND STRING (No particular order) Sproule ~ Briggs ~ Shipley ~ Idun ~ J. Buckley ~ Stein ~ Brown

Back half is fairly settled. Not sure if maybe Sheridan can break in as a more lock down defender ahead of Adam Kennedy.

Midfield has been regenerated with Hopper and Whitfield stepping up to replace Shiel and Scully. Mumford if he can get his body right is probably ahead of big Dawson.

FWD line is fairly similar to how it finished in 2018. Lloyd is a different style of forward to Langdon, Taranto and Greene. I see him more of a Mark LeCras style lead up forward with the other guys using there smarts as crumbers.

Bonar/ Hately come into the 22 as some fresh blood. Both can be effective in multiple roles but if they are most like anyone from the 2018 side its Ryan Griffen.

Tomlinson effective in multiple roles. Can go tall either end and has the athleticism to play as a taller wing.

De Boer as the hard a** with Cal Ward. Can play mid/fwd as a negating player.

Lot of good youth coming through in the first string. 4 picks inside the first 30 of the draft and arguably the best ruck in the draft will do that.

Guys like Caldwell, O'Halloran and Hill will benefit from some good minutes in the NEAFL firstly testing there bodies more against bigger men.
Good summary and always interesting to see other peoples opinions and most posters are fairly settled on 20 of the 22 with the sticking points being the Taylor or Corr for KPD and until Corr is on the park and playing some will think he is still carrying his groin issue for last year and then the other is the last bench spot which could go to any of Reid/Lloyd/Bonar/Perryman/Sheridan/Finlayson/Shipley in the first half of the year and then depending on how the pre seasons went for the draftees one of them may step up.
Something else to take into consideration is how they handle the second ruck issue with the likelihood (IMO) of Flynn seeing some games this year as second ruck and tall forward
I don't think patton will be seen even at NEAFL level before the bye and my guess would be 4 games minimum in the reserves before he is come back ready

Top Bottom