Best 22 2019

MartinLifts130

Senior List
Feb 22, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
hey guys sorry for intruding

just on whitfield. will he play wing or half back or a combination of both?

also given there are some changes and u guys possibly wont have shiel, ward, kelly round 1, does that mean whitfield might play some gametime on ball as an inside mid?

thanks!

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS

also given there are some changes and u guys possibly wont have shiel, ward, kelly round 1, does that mean whitfield might play some gametime on ball as an inside mid?

thanks!
Lachie has said he'd like to play midfield at some point. I doubt it though. He will always be slight of build and it's pointless using a Ferrari in heavy traffic.

Leon has said he'd like to try Zac and Lachie dlwn back together. The 6-6-6 rule might make that complicated as playing 7 backs will be harder. Adam Kennedy is another rebounding option who can lock a man down first.

Possibly Zac and Kachie rotate through the wing or even half forward at times.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS

thanks!
Would be crazy to play him as inside mid imo.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I think it is interesting with peoples best 22s they need to take into account the potential improvement they may see in players who although a borderline selection for rd 1 come the end of the season they could be a game winner and the 2 examples would be Bonar and Daniels and if we see more than 10 games each before finals they will be much improved players and could be the difference in finals. Although I would not play them in the same side in the first half of the season (Just my opinion) depending on players form they could both be in the 22 for finals

Without having the confirmation on a few players it is still looking like being a close game for rd 1 and hopefully some of the question marks can play in the intra club which I dont think the club has posted anything about but it is on saturday @ Tom Willis.
Is anyone thinking of going? It would be good to get some thoughts on the game if anyone does

2 examples would be Bonar and Daniels and if we see more than 10 games each before finals they will be much improved players and could be the difference in finals. Although I would not play them in the same side in the first half of the season (Just my opinion) depending on players form they could both be in the 22 for finals

I think with the injuries of Ward and Langdon, we definitely have room to play both Bonar and Daniels. In fact, it's probably likely they'll both be in the round 1 team.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I think with the injuries of Ward and Langdon, we definitely have room to play both Bonar and Daniels. In fact, it's probably likely they'll both be in the round 1 team.
I lean that way as well, nothing to say both wont be 20+ gamers. Bit to do yet though.

Just emphasises what a great draft we had with a pretty poor hand in 2017. That has really helped build depth.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
AFL.com has Hately in the line up ahead of Caldwell and I really agree. I think Caldwell has a better contested ball side to his game but hately’s Disposal is fantastic

Back