Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
Nah.

It's either Grundy and Cox or Grundy and Cameron -- whatever they say.
Never_Say_Never_Again_–_UK_cinema_poster.jpg

You can’t play Grundy Cox and Cameron. Grundy doesn’t need a second ruckman off the bench just a forward who can compete for 5 minutes a quarter
Yep. If they were going to go with an extra tall up forward, it'd have to be Reid. Possible though, but I don't see it happening regularly.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
If you're referring to Hine mentioning something about flexibility, he'd say that if they drafted a labrador, which they may have to if Cox's eye has any complications.
Don't shoot the massager

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Still stand by my best top 3 pre season picks for 2019.

1 De Goey
2. Moore
3. Grundy.

Why Grundy 3rd?

If we're going to be a threat next yr.. his ratings need to drop. Concentrate on his tap work a lot more. Play more of that Mcevoy type of roll.. not that I've watched him much.. but float around the ground and get in good spots to grab the pill.. enough of the kamikaze follow up work followed by a hack to know where in particular. Leave that s**t to the more nimble skilled types to get in there and create something more worthwhile.

Last edited:

MoreMoore

All Australian
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
That's a good mix, often this year I found that we're lacking in a contested defensive mid. Richmond has Graham, West Coast has Yeo, GWS has De Boar etc.

However, we probably would want all of Langdon, Crisp, Howe down back, none of them are strong shut down players on speedy opposition small forwards.

The basis of playing Maynard mid is having a fit Greenwood down back.
Could we try Cal Brown down back like we did with Greenwood?
Quick small forwards have always caused us trouble

jsdsgn

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lakers
Howe Roughead Maynard
Crisp Moore Quaynor
Pendles Sier Treloar
Sokol Cox Elliott
DeGoey Riccardi Stephenson

Grundy Adams Beams

Inc: WHE C.Brown Wilson Sidebottom
Not including Mihocek is a joke especially when you have random draftees and c.brown and Wilson lol

jsdsgn

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lakers
Could we try Cal Brown down back like we did with Greenwood?
Quick small forwards have always caused us trouble
Greenwood was never a forward and played half back lots at North.
Better comparison for moving a C.Brown type to defense would be someone like Liam Baker at Richmond

Johno9911

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maynard, Roughead, Langdon
Crisp, Moore, Howe

Grundy, Adams, Sier
Pendlebury, Treloar, Scharenberg

Sidebottom, Mihocek, Stephenson
DeGoey, Cox, Elliot

Beams, Hoskin-Elliot, Mayne, Unknown

Quick points;
- That backline I think is/will be the best back 6 in the comp if we get 18+ games out of them all playing together. There is run and drive, and a nice balance between intercepting and lock down play.

- Scharenberg over Phillips on a wing for mine (and a few others on here agree), has more tricks that Phillips, and in a side riddled with inaccurate kickers, I would prefer to see someone like Shaz using the ball higher up the ground compared to Phillips who's kicking lets him down to often

-Sier in next to Adams, we played much better with a bigger body next to Adams (Wills) but I think Sier offers more than Rupert. Needs to be on though as if Wills stays he will be banging the door down in the VFL to replace Sier

-The forward line is explosive and damaging. Leave the big American deep and allow him the chance to run and leap at the footy, nothing annoys me more than Cox taking a mark up the ground and turning around and having nothing to kick too. Lacks both the running power to get back inside 50 quickly, and the penetration on his kicking to hit up a leading target. Back Mihocek, Grundy and even Shaz (another plus of him being up the ground) to mark outside 50 and kick it into Cox, or a leading DeGoey or Elliot.

- Excited to see Beams and WHE return to what we know they can do, and I like the role Mayne does out on a wing and drifting across the flanks as and when he is required to (ala the late goal against GWS). The last bench spot is up for grabs for mine, Quaynor/Noble as small running defenders could appeal, Cameron as another tall mobile target, or maybe a youngster will put their hands up in the pre-season for it. Phillips/C.Brown/Varcoe/Thomas amongst others would be in contention for this spot.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you're referring to Hine mentioning something about flexibility, he'd say that if they drafted a labrador, which they may have to if Cox's eye has any complications.
The only Labradors we should draft are the ones helping the umpires during the game.

😁

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maynard, Roughead, Langdon
Crisp, Moore, Howe

Grundy, Adams, Sier
Pendlebury, Treloar, Scharenberg

Sidebottom, Mihocek, Stephenson
DeGoey, Cox, Elliot

Beams, Hoskin-Elliot, Mayne, Unknown

Quick points;
- That backline I think is/will be the best back 6 in the comp if we get 18+ games out of them all playing together. There is run and drive, and a nice balance between intercepting and lock down play.

- Scharenberg over Phillips on a wing for mine (and a few others on here agree), has more tricks that Phillips, and in a side riddled with inaccurate kickers, I would prefer to see someone like Shaz using the ball higher up the ground compared to Phillips who's kicking lets him down to often

-Sier in next to Adams, we played much better with a bigger body next to Adams (Wills) but I think Sier offers more than Rupert. Needs to be on though as if Wills stays he will be banging the door down in the VFL to replace Sier

-The forward line is explosive and damaging. Leave the big American deep and allow him the chance to run and leap at the footy, nothing annoys me more than Cox taking a mark up the ground and turning around and having nothing to kick too. Lacks both the running power to get back inside 50 quickly, and the penetration on his kicking to hit up a leading target. Back Mihocek, Grundy and even Shaz (another plus of him being up the ground) to mark outside 50 and kick it into Cox, or a leading DeGoey or Elliot.

- Excited to see Beams and WHE return to what we know they can do, and I like the role Mayne does out on a wing and drifting across the flanks as and when he is required to (ala the late goal against GWS). The last bench spot is up for grabs for mine, Quaynor/Noble as small running defenders could appeal, Cameron as another tall mobile target, or maybe a youngster will put their hands up in the pre-season for it. Phillips/C.Brown/Varcoe/Thomas amongst others would be in contention for this spot.

I think Phillips and Thomas are fixtures of the team.

But Varcoe, Brown, T Brown, Quaynor/Noble, Broomhead, Cameron are all possibilities -- I'd have them in that order, roughly.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Every side I look at needs another quick, hope Hine has his magic finger ready to go for 35

soreplums

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
malvern
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox
Not a lot of mention of Tyler Brown. I think he will debut next year and I think he will have a massive impact on the club in 12-24 months. Hopefully even sooner.
I’m looking forward to seeing how he goes given the excitement some posters have shared

Back