Prediction Best 22 - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Burst of speed probably similar to Rohan but maybe not as quick in full flight. Good vision of it from the intraclub highlights on the lions website

Really impressed with his burst in AFLX. He isn't afraid to take the game on - reckon he will be special. Really glad we aren't rushing him into the 1s.

I've only inserted the certainties as I see them for 2021 after round 6 2018.

FB: Gardiner Payne Whitho
HB: ??? Andrews. Robertson

C: Cox. Baily. McCluggage.
R: McInerney. Berry. Rayner.

Taylor. Hipwood. Christensen.
Cameron. ??? ???

Interchange: Mathieson, ???, ???, ???

We are missing a rebounding highly skilled Backman. The jury is still out on Cutler and Allison. We need another Whitherden.

We are missing a super marking/hard leading key position forward.

We are missing a third tall. Jury still out on McStay, Ballenden, Walker, Wooller.

I've been bold putting in Payne.... But I just can't see him not cementing a spot. I love what he brings. Hopefully he and Skinner push each other.

Lots of uncertainty around our interchange bench.... I think Matho will make it. Huge work ethic.

The players currently on our list who I see as best 22 when we are next contending for a top 4 berth, hopefully it is as soon as 2021.

Highly likely best 22- Cameron Rayner, Alex Witherden, Hugh McCluggage, Jarrod Berry, Eric Hipwood, Harris Andrews, Darcy Gardner, Nick Robertson, Lewis Taylor.

Jury still out for me- Cedric Cox, Zac Bailey, Rhys Matheison, Ben Keays, Daniel McStay, Tom Cutler, Sam Mayes, Oscar McInerney. My gut tells me Cox and Bailey will make it.

The rest are just too young and/or haven't had enough exposure at AFL level to judge yet, fingers crossed the likes of Sam Skinner, Jack Payne, Brandon Starcevich, Toby Wooller and Jacob Allison step up when given the chance over the next few years. We still have a lot of work to do, over to you Messrs Fagan, Ambrogio and Conole.

Our current youngest established older group player is Daniel Rich who will be turning 31 in 2021 so unlikely that group of players will get to taste the ultimate success with us.

I'll have a go

Witho Payne Gardiner
Robertson Andrews TBD

big O Berry Bailey
Rayner Hugh TBD

hipwood Cameron Zorko
TBD Starc Taylor

Int: tbd, tbd, tbd, tbd

I reckon next years pre-season we should just play under 23 players in the AFLX to give them that taste and ownership. Show them that this is their team. With the 2 JLT matches play best 22.

Robertson (25), Andrews (24), Gardiner (25)

Witherden (22), McStay (25), Rich (30)

McCluggage (23), Beams (31), Bailey (21)

Zorko (32), Hipwood (23), Christensen (29)

Cameron (26), Ballenden (22), Taylor (26)

McInerney (26), Berry (23), Rayner (21)

Robinson (31), Mayes (26), Mathieson (24), Cutler (26)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back